Notices

small oil leak....location?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default small oil leak....location?

OK heres the deal.

I recently put a turbo on my car. The only thing left to do is to get my downpipe fixed at an exhaust shop, and then tuned.

I havnt really driven my car around, except to meineke to get the exhaust fixed (even though they wouldnt helpp me since i had no cat)
other than that it has only idled in the garage.

However, there is an oil leak.
I think part of it may be from the oil pan gasket bc i think i overtorrqued. So im going to replace that again. BUT, it seems there is a leak on the back of the block that is very slow, and i dont know where it is coming from. Ive tightened down my oil t fitting on the back of the block and the oil pressure sensor and what not. Those arent moist or oily. THe oil filter is also nice and tight. However, after letting the car idle for a minute or two, there is a slow bead that i see coming down what i think to be a bearing which is next to back side of the oil pan. there is also oil on that left side back on the bottom of the crossmember too. I just dont know where it could be coming from. It cant be the pvc bc its just at idle.

i hope to have pics up soon.

please help!
Old 11-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: small oil leak....location? (aaroboost)

Oil leaks can be a real basterd sometimes. Your best bet is to wipe down all oil that can be seen and wait to see where it is coming from again.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah ive tried that. the leak is coming from somewhere above the oil pan though, and you cant really wipe anything down up there. ANy other places oil could be coming from? it wasnt leaking before this.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: small oil leak....location? (aaroboost)

check the tap for the oil feed. Just because you tighten it does not mean it will seal. Use teflon tape and re-do it. Did the car leak before. If it is a small bead I would be concerned as it could increase with the oil pressure. Get under the car with a light and a nice corona and get to know your oil leaks. Good luck
Old 11-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: small oil leak....location? (drintegra)

Use brake clean on those areas you can't wipe, just make sure the engine is cool and to let it all evaporate before you start it up. The advice to get under the car with a light and a nice corona sounds good.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah ive got teflon on the oil feed and such, but i guess ill redo that. i felt it and it feels dry. ive also been under there with a light already. And no it did not leak before. i guess ill go back at it tomorow for round 2.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (aaroboost)

if it did not leak before then you know that it is related to oil feed or oil pressure guage if you have one.