Notices

Single Head TURBO

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single Head TURBO

well i had installed a turbo on my 1.5 block of a ex head..... its boostin around 3-4 pounds... i havent had a chance ta get a turbo timer in yet, i was wondering if i could boost it manually without the timer..... and how much would i boost for the maximum of that motor??... anyone have a clue... lemme know.... thanks
Old 01-03-2005, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Single Head TURBO (hmongyaj7)

I believe you mean a electronic boost controller?

A turbo timer just idles your car after you turn the key off.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Boosting 3-4 pounds? Whats the point? Up that to 8 or 9.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Single Head TURBO (Marauder)

I'd recommend talking to someone who knows what they are doing, b4 you proceed to screw-up your engine. Assuming you built the motor yourself, you must know something.... but boost is easily screwed-up if done incorectly. In the mean-time keep your boost low, and if you run the car hard... let it idle for a while before turning it off.

Im not trying to be a dick. But I've been researching turbo-applications for years now, and I still dont feel comfortable boosting my motor by myself (I tried it once, check my sig.)

Go here http://www.turbod16.com these guys will steer you right (not that H-T wont)
Old 01-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hmongyaj7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i had installed a turbo on my 1.5 block of a ex head..... its boostin around 3-4 pounds... i havent had a chance ta get a turbo timer in yet, i was wondering if i could boost it manually without the timer..... and how much would i boost for the maximum of that motor??... anyone have a clue... lemme know.... thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOFL... great. Take it to someone who knows what they are doing.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Single Head TURBO (Mario.)

My b18c5 has a single head.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Single Head TURBO (Slopoke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slopoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My b18c5 has a single head.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So does my ****!
Old 01-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Try the forum called:

" Forced Induction
Superchargers, Turbos & All FI Setups."
Old 01-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mario. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So does my ****! </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol
Old 01-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Single Head TURBO (Marauder)

yes a electronic boost controller.... ... but can i do it manually?..... maybe i shouldn't yes i know... but in the mean time... anyone know how to boost it?....
Old 01-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

know how to boost it??? wtf are u saying, to boost a motor u put a snail like looking thing called a turbocharger on it. More info please... is it internal or external wastegate??? All a boost controller does is change the vaccum or boost pressure going to your wastegate causing it to open sooner or remain closed longer allowing more boost to build, if you cant speak in any form of english please dont post anymore, and i bet you didnt boost ur own motor someone didi it for you

edit: you could make a boost controller, but i will laugh when it causes boost spikes and blows ur engine
Old 01-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hmongyaj7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes a electronic boost controller.... ... but can i do it manually?..... maybe i shouldn't yes i know... but in the mean time... anyone know how to boost it?....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, you can do it manually and not electronically. They sell manual boost controllers (MBC) and electronc boost controllers.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Single Head TURBO (Soccerking3000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Soccerking3000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">know how to boost it??? wtf are u saying, to boost a motor u put a snail like looking thing called a turbocharger on it. More info please... is it internal or external wastegate??? All a boost controller does is change the vaccum or boost pressure going to your wastegate causing it to open sooner or remain closed longer allowing more boost to build, if you cant speak in any form of english please dont post anymore, and i bet you didnt boost ur own motor someone didi it for you

edit: you could make a boost controller, but i will laugh when it causes boost spikes and blows ur engine</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can only increase boost from the wastegate. If you have a .5bar spring, the absolute minimum you'll boost is .5bar.

And home depot is the way to go for an MBC...
Old 01-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow. First and foremost, please retake English 101. Secondly, you sound like you have no idea what you are doing. No one should be telling this guy to up his boost to around 8 or 9 psi due to the sole fact that I'm positive he doesn't have his **** dyno tuned on any kind of decent fuel managment. 8-9 psi is nearing the upper limits of the VAFC hack, and I don't think this guy even knows what that is.
Please, read the forums for information, there is a ton of it on boosted D's. How much boost you can run depends on how built your engine is. Sleeving your block and forged internals are obviously going to allow you to run more boost than having stock internals. Also, it's not so much the boost that limits what your internals can handle, but the hp and tq numbers that will kill you. D series internals usually start to crap out between 210 and 220hp. Just search and read, and you will learn.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Single Head TURBO (spyderracing32)

I'm not going to completly destroy you self esteem like alot of the guys on here have already lol despite how I feel about the topic. What I will tell you is that a friend of mine boosted his 1.5 ran 8lbs needless to say that motor isnt in his car anymore. good luck though

Mitch
Old 01-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Single Head TURBO (MitchEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MitchEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not going to completly destroy you self esteem like alot of the guys on here have already lol despite how I feel about the topic. What I will tell you is that a friend of mine boosted his 1.5 ran 8lbs needless to say that motor isnt in his car anymore. good luck though

Mitch</TD></TR></TABLE>

Needless to say that the motor isn't in his car, but it's needed to say that he probably didn't have it tuned very well. I'm running a JDM d15b on the VAFC hack, and 8lb's is running fine.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mario. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You can only increase boost from the wastegate. If you have a .5bar spring, the absolute minimum you'll boost is .5bar.

And home depot is the way to go for an MBC... </TD></TR></TABLE>

well if you have a .5 bar spring and use a boost controller to raise it to 10 psi or so, i am saying you can use it to lower it as well, from that point...
Old 01-05-2005, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And home depot is the way to go for an MBC... </TD></TR></TABLE>

i dunno bout that....HD and Lowes in my area dont carry ball bearings or the 1/8' barbed nipple female connecter....damnation

Old 01-05-2005, 06:36 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

Turbo XS MBC works great. I scored mine from eBay for about $50.