Notices

Sigh... Still dicking around with JRSC install. Open IM ports?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 05:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sigh... Still dicking around with JRSC install. Open IM ports?

Well I'm in the home stretch on my install... I'll just list my problems and if anyone knows any answers I'd appreciate it.

1. There are three open ports in the JR IM above the "jackson" lettering. There are two threaded ones; one is for the pressure sensor, and the other is for what? Then there is a third, un-threaded port. Maybe for an IAT?

2. My AEM FPR hits the IM. Is there some sort of adaptor plate in existence that will move it away from the IM?
Old 12-10-2004, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sigh... Still dicking around with JRSC install. Open IM ports? (JRciv)

there is an adapter u can buy from JR that'll basically lift that crap up a bit.. mybe you can pic of the intake manifold and show the holes.. probably be able to help you better..
Old 12-10-2004, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Sigh... Still dicking around with JRSC install. Open IM ports? (Ringbearer020)

I was browsing the JR website but couldn't find the adaptor that people talk about. I kind of rigged it to work though - I bent the fuel return line about 30 degrees to the left. I hope the inside isn't cinched off too much. I guess I will know if my fuel pressure goes funny.

And I will try to get ahold of a digital camera. My roommate might have one I can use.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Sigh... Still dicking around with JRSC install. Open IM ports? (JRciv)

well, when I first did it thats what I did too.. the adapter is like 20 bux on their product list.. where you at in the valley?? I might be able to help you out..
Old 12-10-2004, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Sigh... Still dicking around with JRSC install. Open IM ports? (Ringbearer020)

Well I guess it's too late for the adaptor now .

I'm in Simi Valley - near Thousand Oaks/Moorpark. Just west of Chatsworth.

I will try to get pix up soon. It will probably be a quick answer when you see what I'm referring to.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you look down from the top, the threaded hole on the left is for the IAT switch. The one in the center that is threaded is for the brake booster line. The one on the right that is not threaded is for an IAT sensor. If you have a 99-00 Civic Si, that last hole is not used since the IAT is in the intake boot.

Sonny
Old 12-10-2004, 10:38 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Sonny)

yeah on the back of the JR intake manifold there should be a spot for the
IAT(with 2 vacuum nipples next to it, those go to the FPR and JR fmu), and the pressure switch, and one spot for a fitting for the brake booster hose.

about your fpr,
yes it will hit the IM, if you dont have the JR piece that rotates it so it clears,
you can order it from JR.. but it is a CNC machined piece of aluminum so it's an
expensive little chunk of alluminum.

What I did was just bend the nipple of my FPR so it clears, making sure not to
hurt the flow of it. heres a pic of wut i did.

if you have any other questions feel free to ask,
the JR install is actually really fairly straightforward, BUT when you get your hands
on a used/incomplete kit.. things start getting hairy real quick!!
Old 12-10-2004, 10:38 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tad)

oh check this out also.
it's a DIY walkthru for a jrsc bseries install
http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/jrsc/jrsc.php
Old 12-10-2004, 10:58 PM

Wow, you guys are awesome . How did I ever live without H-T?

So now my only concern is the IAT. Mine is just stuffed into my AEM intake with a grommet to keep it snug. So what do I do about this:

There is no way the sensor will fit into the unthreaded hole. Maybe I should have some sort of block off plate?

BTW, how does a brake booster work off of boost? I thought they worked off of vacuum...

Modified by JRciv at 4:04 AM 12/11/2004
Old 12-11-2004, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (JRciv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JRciv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There is no way the sensor will fit into the unthreaded hole. Maybe I should have some sort of block off plate?

BTW, how does a brake booster work off of boost? I thought they worked off of vacuum...

Modified by JRciv at 4:04 AM 12/11/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

The IAT sensor from a 92-95 Civic Ex/Si will fit in there. Otherwise, you need a block off plate. The older sensor is a better setup since the ECU will be able to read the true intake temp during cruise. Under boost, it doesn't matter since the IAT relay locks the intake temp to the coldest possible reading.

The brake booster line has a check valve in it that prevents the booster from getting pressurized while the manifold is under boost.

Sonny
Old 12-11-2004, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

superchargers are a pain I have a vaccume line coming off of the one your takling about....
Old 12-11-2004, 11:22 AM

What if I'm not using the fuel enrichment relay (using MAP controller)?
Old 12-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the map sensor takes the place of the relay..
Old 12-11-2004, 04:53 PM

Default Re: (Ringbearer020)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ringbearer020 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the map sensor takes the place of the relay..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly. So this:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sonny &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The older sensor is a better setup since the ECU will be able to read the true intake temp during cruise. Under boost, it doesn't matter since the IAT relay locks the intake temp to the coldest possible reading.</TD></TR></TABLE>

doesn't apply, right?
Old 12-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

yeah if you're not using the relay,
and you want your map sensor to read boost.
you can just tap the mani with a 1/8" fitting/nipple at the hole where the switch would be. and run a vacuum line to the map sensor from there.

again, this is how I have mine setup.
(using the JR map controller).
Old 12-11-2004, 05:29 PM

Yep. I did that.

So this is where I stand: I have the first threaded hole going to my MAP sensor. I have the second threaded hole going to the brake booster. The third hole for the IAT is still empty.

I was going to buy an older IAT as Sonny suggested, but I don't know about having it read hot compressed air.

I'm leary about what to do because the directions never address this issue. If someone can decipher these crappy directions, let me know:

http://jacksonracing.com/graph...0.pdf
Old 12-12-2004, 12:16 PM

No takers? Check out the instructions in the my last post. In step #5, the mention the IAT going back into the intake tract, not the IM.

Also, check out step #54. WTF? Clearly the purge valve goes back on the fuel rail. What are they talking about?
Old 12-12-2004, 01:39 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

i have a 96+ sohc jrsc on my eg(converted to work on my 92.. well .. the conversion still needs work but its on there).

and when i first got it, the IAT hole was BLOCKED off! there was a metal plate with two screws holding it down to cover it up.

just go to home depot and jerry rig something.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:43 PM

Thanks Tad. Another trip to Home Depot it is

Oh, and one more thing guys - does anyone know what size the nut is that holds on the blower pulley? Yet another thing that's missing from my kit.