Notices

LS jrsc install questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS jrsc install questions

i just recently installed my jrsc on my ls motor and i have some questions about it.

i got some instructions, but they suck and don't have any pics. the black thing that is on the back on the manifold (i think the boost pressure deal), where does the line go to on the manifold?

do i need to use the fmu or can i run the fuel line straight to the fuel pressure regulator instead of running it to the fmu and then to fpr? how do you adjust the fmu also?

is there a cai intake that i can buy that will fit with the jrsc? i can't use my current cai because it doesn't fit anymore.

i have a 98 ls motor and there is a purge sensor deal on top on the manifold. how do i hook this up with the new supercharger cause it doesn't have a hold on the manifold to put this sensor back in. the sensor has a little pipe deal that would stick into the manifold to suck in air and and a hose on the sensor that went to the canister i believe.

i'm only running 6 psi right now, will i be okay with my stock fuel pump, or should i get a walbro 255 fuel pump?

i think that is all the questions i have for now. the car runs good and idles at 1000, i just want to make sure i have everything right. it seems like i do, but i have some small doubts about the questions i have asked above.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:38 AM
Corr Performance Pilot

Default Re: LS jrsc install questions (93hb)

go here. under the HOW TO section.. they have a picture install of a JRSC. http://www.c-speedracing.com. HTH.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:33 AM

i just recently installed my jrsc on my ls motor and i have some questions about it.
i got some instructions, but they suck and don't have any pics. the black thing that is on the back on the manifold (i think the boost pressure deal), where does the line go to on the manifold?
Don't understand - do you mean the pressure switch??? It's an electrical switch...

do i need to use the fmu or can i run the fuel line straight to the fuel pressure regulator instead of running it to the fmu and then to fpr? how do you adjust the fmu also?
Get a B&M gauge and set it to 52PSI. You adjust pressure by turning the allen screw on the side of the FMU.

is there a cai intake that i can buy that will fit with the jrsc? i can't use my current cai because it doesn't fit anymore.
Cut your CAI or buy a DC short ram.

i have a 98 ls motor and there is a purge sensor deal on top on the manifold. how do i hook this up with the new supercharger cause it doesn't have a hold on the manifold to put this sensor back in. the sensor has a little pipe deal that would stick into the manifold to suck in air and and a hose on the sensor that went to the canister i believe.
Read the instructions again; the answer is there.

i'm only running 6 psi right now, will i be okay with my stock fuel pump, or should i get a walbro 255 fuel pump?
Buy a new pump. Stock can't keep up. 52PSI base X 5:1 Rise X 6Psi boost = 82Psi. The big Walbro is good to 100+.

You are at a point where you could break things. Get some tuning assistance.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:19 PM

Default Re: LS jrsc install questions (96IntegraRS)

okay, everything is hooked up correctly. all lines and sensors were right. so the only thing i need now is the fuel pump right? i'm only running 6psi and somebody told me i was alright using my stock fuel pump, what do you think, get the walbro 255 fuel pump?

thanks
Old 04-08-2003, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do NOT run the stock pump.

Sonny
Old 04-08-2003, 05:04 PM

Default Re: LS jrsc install questions (Sonny)

i ordered my fuel pump. it will be here thursday cause i got overnight shipment. they will ship it out tomorrow. i got it from the best buy section. $104 shipped to my door overnight. thats a good price to me.

what do you guys think about the jr thermostat they have? its like $10.