Notices

Senior Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High School Senior Project HELP!

Well, i'm not to sure, but i i'm contemplating on doing my senior project on different ways to add performance to your car. Then on the essay portion i'm thinking about writing the ways such as supercharger, turbocharger, NA, etc. and how they work. For my product i would put a turbocharger on my civic. Only problem is i need a mentor anyone know a good way of getting one? Should i just call a import shop around here in georgia and ask if they'd be interested in helping a senior? If anyone here would like to help such as supply the parts, which i would pay for of course.. etc.. let me know.

Modified by GiNuWiNe at 6:33 PM 8/11/2004

Modified by GiNuWiNe at 12:11 PM 8/14/2004
Old 08-10-2004, 03:25 PM

Default Re: High School Senior Project HELP! (GiNuWiNe)

Cant you get a senior advicor at your school? Wouldnt you have to improve on something. In this case, a turbocharger system for a civic? My senior project is coming up this school year. I am thinking of doing the same thing for my integra. That way the money that I spent, i could keep.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: High School Senior Project HELP! (CalGSR99)

An advisor an a mentor is two different things, this year it became mandatory to get an mentor who's an expert at the field you plan to do. What do you mean keep your money? you have to spend your own money on the project.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:16 PM

Oh snaps! They make you have both. I guess its not bad to have a mentor and an advisor. At Cal Poly (SLO) you have to sign up with a proffesor. You just check in with him and report progress and problems. They expect you to know how to do it already but I wouldnt mind having a mentor too.

Yeah, at my school you have to pay 100% of cost for materials or shop time. What is even worse is that my school makes you sign over your intellectual rights for the project. So that means.. that if you build something good they can legally patent it under their name. That is so lame, those vultures. Good luck with your project.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CalGSR99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh snaps! They make you have both. I guess its not bad to have a mentor and an advisor. At Cal Poly (SLO) you have to sign up with a proffesor. You just check in with him and report progress and problems. They expect you to know how to do it already but I wouldnt mind having a mentor too.

Yeah, at my school you have to pay 100% of cost for materials or shop time. What is even worse is that my school makes you sign over your intellectual rights for the project. So that means.. that if you build something good they can legally patent it under their name. That is so lame, those vultures. Good luck with your project. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea, that is pretty lame. Basically your professor is our advisor, who we have to check in with, with our daily progress. Over here we have to know little to nothing about the project, basically it has to be a learning streach of over 15 hrs. They don't make us sign over the intellectual rights though. Thanks for the luck, cause i'm pretty sure i'm going to need it, i'm no good when it comes to presenting infront of people.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i sure hope this a High school project, cause if that is your college senior project, you go to a really shitty school
Old 08-12-2004, 02:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: High School Senior Project HELP! (toolowsol)

I thought the same thing at first. But yeah, High School senior project. But it could be a College project too, if you included stress and fracture analysis, microstructures and actually built a turbo system to maximize thermodynamic efficiency!
Old 08-12-2004, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: High School Senior Project HELP! (beepy)

It's a high school senior project..
Old 08-13-2004, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anybody, have any ideas? I guess i'll be calling some local shops here this weekend
Old 08-14-2004, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Any type of help would be appreciated.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:33 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GiNuWiNe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's a high school senior project..</TD></TR></TABLE>

*whew* I was about to be like Damn! What college do you go to...haha.