Notices

Selling items in FI

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Selling items in FI

We are losing some control of the FI forum. It is not Classifieds or Best Buys. If you put a ForSale or Must Sell in your Topic Title, it will be locked. Start your posts with some information. If people start asking questions and the topic of selling comes into it, that's OK. That always happens if there is interest in something new or unusual. If we allow for sale adds, this forum will lose it's integrity. Let's all make this policy work
Old 12-12-2002, 08:59 PM
Better than steak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Selling items in FI (earl)

Earl and I both talked about this and agreed that we should do this. If you want to sell something, put it in classifieds and in your signature.

art
Old 12-12-2002, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Selling items in FI (Arturbo)

Just a thought, but maybe we could have a sticky at the top of the section for a time period, a month maybe, and everybody could post their ads only in their, and people could IM them if they are interested. it will make it more organized, and people looking for FI only car go to the sticky and find them. every month the post is deleted and another one is created for that month. just a thought, hopefully no flames

[Modified by DeepSi, 10:55 PM 12/12/2002]
Old 12-12-2002, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Selling items in FI (DeepSi)

Sounds good to me. Someone by my truck ~cough~
Old 12-12-2002, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's funny, i was just noticing today that it seems like everyone is on here to try to make a buck lately...
Old 12-12-2002, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

about time

I hate classifieds in FI! grrr! heh
Old 12-12-2002, 10:19 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: Selling items in FI (AresB18C1Turbo)

-We will getting rid off all stickys too.
-If you dont pay or help HT, you are not allowed a sticky.
-Only the sponsors will be allowed stickys.
-No more group buys in here either. All must be done in the best buy forum.
-This wont be in full effect untill the 1st of the year.

We are still thinking of using a filter for some words because some people are getting out of control. The new guidelines will be posted in the notification on top by the avatar guidlines. If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to add some.

art
Old 12-12-2002, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

let lock em now now now hehe
Old 12-12-2002, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds good Art!!
Old 12-12-2002, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Selling items in FI (tony1)

Give us your ideas to make this forum better. We will ignore all but the very best.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:59 PM

I think it's great that you are taking action in keeping this forum in good shape. Shows that this place is really worth something.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Give us your ideas to make this forum better. We will ignore all but the very best.
One thing I like this board is that I can swear. Seriously, sometimes we're just mad. Once it gets out of hand then the moderators can always edit.

I also like the MONTHLY sale ads thread but it looks like you guys wont have that...

[Modified by maztur, 2:00 AM 12/13/2002]
Old 12-12-2002, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Selling items in FI (maztur)

no more notorious FI GB???
Old 12-12-2002, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We should still at least have FI related Group Buys in here.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:32 PM
Better than steak

no more notorious FI GB???
Only if its held by a Honda-tech sponsor, like importparts.com blah, blah.... I think alot of people have made alot of money off of HT and hasnt given anything in return. You would be surprised how much sales people get because of us.

About swearing, I cant go into each and every thread and edit stuff like that. I dont like to abuse my power like other mods do, well just sometimes. I dont like it when I open up a thread and people are bashing each other, its childish and stupid. Or should I say ******* stupid? LOL..

art
Old 12-13-2002, 12:32 AM
New User

I dont like to abuse my power like other mods do, well just sometimes. I dont like it when I open up a thread and people are bashing each other, its childish and stupid. Or should I say ******* stupid? LOL..

art
haha ya know?
Old 12-13-2002, 04:57 AM

Good job guys!!
Old 12-13-2002, 05:51 AM
New User

Default Re: Selling items in FI (ekb18c)

I don't really post that much, I just like to read and see what's new. I did however make a post recently to sell my LS head and other misc parts that go to it. I thought I would post it in the FI forum since the head was designed for FI and it was used on my turbo car. Why not give the FI LS guys a chance to scoop it up for a cheap price, well that was my thinking. I would be glad to donate money to the board if it I sell it to a H-T member. I enjoy the board and I get a lot out of it. I don't really enjoy the monthly sticky for sale post idea, because you have to read every post and sometimes multiple pages to see what's on there, but it would be a good way of cleaning things up. You could also ask that if the seller does sell his product through H-T forum that he donate 5-10% of the proceeds. It wouldn't be a ton of money, but could help out. I would gladly go for that idea and sell through this forum in the future if need be. Anyway that's my idea. Later Allen
Old 12-13-2002, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Selling items in FI (abraunb16)

How about having FI and NA classified sections seperate? That way either group wont have to sort through a bunch of stuff that they dont need or want.

Aron
Old 12-13-2002, 06:57 AM

Only if its held by a Honda-tech sponsor, like importparts.com blah, blah.... I think alot of people have made alot of money off of HT and hasnt given anything in return. You would be surprised how much sales people get because of us.
What if we personally need to sell something related to FI? Is that ok? Or do we post a link to a post in the classifieds? Not quite sure of the rules here. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:22 AM

About swearing, I cant go into each and every thread and edit stuff like that. I dont like to abuse my power like other mods do, well just sometimes. I dont like it when I open up a thread and people are bashing each other, its childish and stupid. Or should I say ******* stupid? LOL..

art
Oh, ok i understand then. Has there been a finally decision on the monthly sale post. A lot of people dont really search the classfieds, and they move so quickly, that it is hard to find. the post can be FI parts only, no replies or anything.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm glad you guys are finally going to do something about this. I don't advertise anything on here on purpose...this place is like a meat-market. It will be nice to seperate the Tech from the Sales crap. And yes, I do agree that only paying sponsors should get the space they deserve, not people who come on here out of nowhere, and think that they can advertise for free.

Old 12-13-2002, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

to arturbo oe earl or any moderator... i dislike searching the damn classified section... too much rice between all the f/i parts, i was wondering if you could make a sub category "forced induction - classifieds" just a thought..... another q for the mods.... why the hell doesnt h-t have picture uploading ability? if we got that, then thered be a lot more cool pics to access... just like bimmerforums, i think there is quite enough people on h-t to have this as an option, to upload your pics to h-t.... how much more money would that cost? who actually runs this whole site? i bet its not too expensive, and if the person in charge has a problem witht his because of money, let us know and we can start a paypal fund or something... everyone contribute a dollar and voila!... what do u guys think
Old 12-13-2002, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How do you sponsor HT?
Old 12-13-2002, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Selling items in FI (Speedworks801)

Quick Reply: Selling items in FI