Notices

Self Install of a turbo - - - What do I need to disassemble to get this done quickly and easily?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Self Install of a turbo - - - What do I need to disassemble to get this done quickly and easily?

Is there a how two or anything for an Integra other than the Turbo 101 thing?

What body panels and parts should I take off from the beginning to make it easy for myself?

I wont be able to pull the block out of the car.
Old 11-10-2003, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Self Install of a turbo - - - What do I need to disassemble to get this done quickly and easily?

If you have to ask this -- dont do it.. You'll end up paying someone to come over or paying to have it towed somewhere..

Pull the bumper if your a stubborn enough to do it.. Your good everywhere else..
Old 11-10-2003, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Self Install of a turbo - - - What do I need to disassemble to get this done quickly and easily?

pull the wheel-well guards and two plastic mud guards off the bottom. Then you can take off the bumper.
Old 11-10-2003, 03:11 PM

I did my install like this

Wed: Got inspection done
Thursday: Took off Bumper, Exhuast, Header, intake, installed FMIC, half of piping, bov
Friday: Did the remaining, turbo /manifold, wstegate, downpipe, missign one part so shut thigns down
Saturday finished remaining, fixed one CEL
Sunday drove around with open donwpipe
Monday got exhuast installed

The end

Point of story, get some things out of the way before, make life easier, makes sure you have friends over, tools, and take your time
Old 11-10-2003, 04:29 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quikB18B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I did my install like this

Wed: Got inspection done
Thursday: Took off Bumper, Exhuast, Header, intake, installed FMIC, half of piping, bov
Friday: Did the remaining, turbo /manifold, wstegate, downpipe, missign one part so shut thigns down
Saturday finished remaining, fixed one CEL
Sunday drove around with open donwpipe
Monday got exhuast installed

The end

Point of story, get some things out of the way before, make life easier, makes sure you have friends over, tools, and take your time </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks, thats what I plan on doing, I want to start saturday and have it done sunday night. The exhuast will be done monday if all else falls into place.

I still need to pick up a slim fan, a grinder, deep socket set, and a drill bit for my oil return line but thats readily avaliable at the local auto parts and home depot stores.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:44 PM
New User

you might want a dremel as well, might have to hack the bumper to fit the ic. I've never done a turbo install, but i know one thing for sure. DON'T RUSH IT, make sure you got plenty of time.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:18 AM

Ive got all of thanksgiving, and I have a spare car for running to the stores....so i think its pretty good.

If you work on your car, you gatta have a dremel...I just need to get some cut off disks, kill all of those on my HID conversion.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:55 AM

Anyone have any more input or anything else?

How about some good sites for how to do the install?
Old 11-11-2003, 12:01 PM

I always take my radiator out too. Just for that extra room. Hell its one bolt and 2 hoses. Plus it makes me change my antifreeze (something I would forget to do anyway) Let us know how it goes! GOOD LUCK!
Old 11-11-2003, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (-TRINiTRON-)

take out back seat to install new fuel pump. Take out original injectors. Disconnect oil sending unit. Take off bumper to install fmic and piping.

Its all the little things that take extra time, heat wrap, having to zip tie **** out of the way, not having the correct bolts for something.......
Old 11-11-2003, 12:33 PM

Default Re: (mike1114)

Thanks guys....

I think I will park the car friday night and start taking **** like the seats and stuff out....

I have all of my bolts and everything. I need to get some vacume line and T's.

One question is where are you suppose to use teflon tape and where shouldnt I use any?
My feed line is SS line and brass fittings, so that will all get teflon'ed up. But I know that some AN stuff cannot have Teflon tape, is that just on the blue stuff or everywhere?
Old 11-11-2003, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (mike1114)

You can install the gauges ahead of time too if you have not already. You also may be able to install larger injectors, fuel management, and fuel pump ahead of time and still have it driveable depending on what engine management you are going to use. I tried to break mine down into as many little projects as I could the nights before my turbo install since I only had one day off work to get the turbo done since I had to drive it to work the next day.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:14 PM

Default Re: (omahaturbocivic)

Yea...I installed my guages, but then I pulled them out because I didnt like the position of the control unit. I might actually start friday and pull the interior and finish running my wires for my audio setup.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (integra-modder)

installing the intercooler gave me the most headaches
Old 11-11-2003, 11:39 PM

Default Re: (SiRkid)

What did you mount it with? I think I will need to go and have some mounted tabs welded on the top so that I have a way of mounting it....
Old 11-12-2003, 06:24 AM

ttt
Old 11-12-2003, 07:14 PM

Default Re: (integra-modder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integra-modder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What did you mount it with? I think I will need to go and have some mounted tabs welded on the top so that I have a way of mounting it....
</TD></TR></TABLE>