Notices

SC300, reroute wg or full pipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC300, reroute wg or full pipe

Ive got some opinions and pondering about performance wise. if i were to connect my 2 wastegates and pipe it straight to the back as if it was a 2nd muffler with my exhaust, would that harm the performance of wastegate gases losing so much heat and pressure making scavenging bad and hurt performance? or should i just re route the wastegates back to the exhaust and go to dual exhaust? i do not like the ricey single exhaust on the scs. they do not look right. any input on running wastegates to the rear of the car and technical information would be helpful. thanks.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SC300, reroute wg or full pipe (gldndrgn14)

dump the gates under the car. i wouldnt even consider running the dump tubes to the back of the car. if your hell bent on the dump tubes being muffled.....dump them back into the exhaust---but in a situation where your using 2 gates, i dont think the extra noise from the gates should be much of an issue!
Old 04-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SC300, reroute wg or full pipe (Turbo-charged)

well, the thing is, i dont like dumping the wastegate dumptubes to under the car. i would like it back in the exhaust at least. its not a thing about sound, or noise for me, i just dont want to split my exhaust into 2 in the rear, and dont think the sc looks right with a single exhaust. so why not see if the wastegates can be its own exhaust instead of splitting the main exhaust to 2. the wastegate piping would not be muffled at all since there is no need for it to be, unless i was at full boost and thats the only time they should emit any gases.
so would this be of any performance issue? boost creep, compressure surge, scavenging problems at all?
Old 04-18-2008, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SC300, reroute wg or full pipe (gldndrgn14)

ive never done it, so i cant say for sure.....but i could def. see some boost creep issues. not to mention it would be very time consuming, expensive, and heavy. also the way most of the manifolds with twin gates are set up, it doesnt leave much room to run the dump tubes back that way, since most of them have a gate that dumps closer to the front tire than it does the fire wall.

just run a 4 inch exhaust and split it to dual 3 inches in the back or something.

i single exhaust CAN look good on an SC, you just have to do it right....you need to make it look more like a supra exhaust, and it needs to be atleast 4 inch. thats obvioulsy totally an opinion though.

i have a SC300 myself....and i know where your coming from on most of the single exit exhausts looking tacky....but when done right, it can look good
Old 04-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SC300, reroute wg or full pipe (Turbo-charged)

imho, all singles dont look right. i like the clean classy look still on the sc. no round can exhausts. im not too particular on the weight of the car, as its a pig already. it is my luxury coupe driver. not like its my civic where i want to lose all the weight i can. i was thinking there might be creep but wasnt sure. and on the full-race setup i have runs it straight down near the rear of the firewall so it could easily route back in the exhaust or route straight to the back. but if anybody can confirm or have theories on why it would creep or perform badly due to the length, loss of heat, loss of gas speeds, etc. please chime in.