Notices

SC/TC b20b ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC/TC b20b ?

just curious out there to see if anybody has done either... and which would be best for me...

I ran into a girl that works for ProCharger, and that can get me one for alot cheaper then retail cost? now... im in the stages of planning, im going to be purchasing a B20B motor, for my EJ (dx) and throwing that on there, but I found out from her (which i did not know) that you can upgrade the boost to almost 30psi of boost with the ProCharger, and i know SC's r much less matience then a TC would be, but from my research on turbos u can do so much more?

On my coupe im looking to get at least 11's on a Daily Driven car... which would be mroe suitable?
Old 06-02-2003, 04:22 AM

Default Re: SC/TC b20b ? (Type-X)

turbo.... super charger will give a b20 way to much low end which it already has what it needs its top end which a turbo will do much much better also SC's have heating problems do to no intercooler (except vortec). My turbo has no mateince but the tuning which for a super will need anyway if you dont wanna pop your motor .... turbo is the only way to go my .02
Old 06-03-2003, 04:42 PM

Default Re: SC/TC b20b ? (b20turboic)

hey i apperciate it man, but r u running just b20? no GSR/b16/itr/ctr..etc. head on there? and what turbo r u running? and what's ur times, and what chassis?
Old 06-03-2003, 05:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SC/TC b20b ? (b20turboic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b20turboic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">turbo.... super charger will give a b20 way to much low end which it already has what it needs its top end which a turbo will do much much better also SC's have heating problems do to no intercooler (except vortec). My turbo has no mateince but the tuning which for a super will need anyway if you dont wanna pop your motor .... turbo is the only way to go my .02 </TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol. Wrong blower buddy, you're thinking of JRSC's that give you "too much low end" and not enough top end. A Procharger is the same style of blower as a vortech, but they do come with an air/air intercooler. Don't go for that blower on a honda, it doesn't give you enough of a boost in low end torque, and you probably arn't going to have much fun changing pulleys if you want to change boost. This sounds a bit weird coming from someone who just shelled out a little over 3300 bucks + shipping for a procharger, but that's for a comparitively huge V8. Trust me, go with turbo, you'll be a lot happier.
Old 06-03-2003, 06:09 PM

Default Re: SC/TC b20b ? (boosted92)

ya im most likely going to go with turbo, seening how SC's r so fuccing expensive.. i mean sheesh! lol... but i like the stuff u can do with a turbo.. . also u can always change the turbo down the line.. for MUCH more boost.... so ya know?
Old 06-03-2003, 07:51 PM

I'm VERY happy with my motor setup, even at 210 Hp. Although I put a DOHC head on, I don't think there is that much difference, as long as you use a skunk/ B18 manifold and a B18 TB- the B20B TB is TINY!

Old 06-03-2003, 08:07 PM

Default Re: SC/TC b20b ? (hybridsol)

well... what exactly is ur setup? seening how B20 is already DOHC? u mean like GSR head? and what is everything u have dun? and what's ur times?
Old 06-03-2003, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type-X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I ran into a girl that works for ProCharger, and that can get me one for alot cheaper then retail cost? now... im in the stages of planning, im going to be purchasing a B20B motor, for my EJ (dx) and throwing that on there, but I found out from her (which i did not know) that you can upgrade the boost to almost 30psi of boost with the ProCharger, and i know SC's r much less matience then a TC would be, but from my research on turbos u can do so much more? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Procharger just makes centrifugal superchargers. How would you plan on connecting such a supercharger to your engine? It needs a mechanical connection to turn the SC.

Also, boost level is just the inability of a motor to flow air. So "30 psi" does not really mean anything. I can pressurize a tire to 30psi with a foot pump, but that does not mean that the pump flows much air.

Also, the B20 sleeves like to crack all the time. So be careful.

Dustin
Old 06-03-2003, 08:29 PM

Unless you're custom fabbing a whole kit, you can't mount a procharger. It's not like a turbo where you just need a manifold and piping (oversimplified).

And w/ a Procharger, you're not going to have any low end. It's almost the same as a Vortech, and look at that thing, there is like no low end.

I had a Vortech SC setup on my Maxima, and that's a 3.0 L V6 motor, and there was no low end. I can't imagine how bad it would be on a B20. So now I'm going with a custom turbo setup.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:20 PM

Default Re: (AP-Signworks1)

ya i've come to the conclusion of turboing it.. btu on my b20b im planning on re-sleeving it anyways.. so hopefully that helps some what i know they r weak around the edges.. same thing with h-series..