Notices

Redoing my Turbo GSR setup.. Thoughts??

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redoing my Turbo GSR setup.. Thoughts??

hey last season the car was street tuned on 7psi of boost on 94 octane. Ran best of 12.6 with fastest trap of 111mph. Heres the setup

Stock GSR block, Stock CTR head
Edelbrock IM, Precision 780cc injectors, mr gasket fuel rail, AEM FPR, 2.5" charge piping, Small precision FMIC, all 4ply silicone couplers w/tbolt clamps, 3" exhaust and DP, t3/t40e 57trim, tial 50mm bov, tial 38mm wg.

Ive got omni street coils, full poly bushings, and an aftermarket front crossmember, and some gator stage 2 axles with LS cable trans.. ACT heavy duty PP and full organic street disc.

Crome pro, LM1 WBO2, egt.

For next season i wish to trap 120+ and run a 11 sec pass on the slicks. Im looking for around 350-360whp on pump. (street tune on 15psi)

To reach the goal i plan to run some cp 9:1-9.5:1 pistons (std bore) eagle rods, acl bearings, and upgrade my disc to a 6puck sprung to hold the power.

Other then that i feel with another WG spring and a boost controller everything should be pretty equal to meet my goals?

What do you all think.. Anything im missing out on?
Old 11-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Redoing my Turbo GSR setup.. Thoughts?? (HamiltonRex)

you can stick with the stock axles, just bring an extra set
Old 11-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Redoing my Turbo GSR setup.. Thoughts?? (a1320addict)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by a1320addict &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you can stick with the stock axles, just bring an extra set </TD></TR></TABLE>

no i already have the gators.. the stuff listed above is my CURRENT setup.

Thanks though, i kinda 'learned' to launch on these axles and they didnt break so i guess i could run some stockers now since i know how to preload haha.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Simple rods/pistons, B16 trans and some decent slicks will get you there, no problem.

You'd be amazed at what your current car could do with the short gears, appropiate sized slicks, a good clutch and some driver time.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Redoing my Turbo GSR setup.. Thoughts?? (Snafubmx234)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Snafubmx234 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Simple rods/pistons, B16 trans and some decent slicks will get you there, no problem.

You'd be amazed at what your current car could do with the short gears, appropiate sized slicks, a good clutch and some driver time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah but im running 22x8x13 slicks.. There brand new and im not investing in new ones. Thats why i went with the LS trans. Arent long gears and smaller tires the same thing as shorter gears and taller tires??

A b16 trans will set me back almost as much as building the engine, it just isnt worth it right now. I made this thread a little while back.. Not much responce. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1811693

Old 11-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HamiltonRex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah but im running 22x8x13 slicks.. There brand new and im not investing in new ones. Thats why i went with the LS trans. Arent long gears and smaller tires the same thing as shorter gears and taller tires??

A b16 trans will set me back almost as much as building the engine, it just isnt worth it right now. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not really... but eh, it's not that big of a deal.

Pistons/rods, be done.