Notices

Rebuild options....What do you think of my setup?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuild options....What do you think of my setup?

I'm sure this has been covered many times, but no matter how much I search, I either get answers that negate each other, or information that doesn't answer my questions which causes more questions.

In the future I plan on rebuilding a stock CRX Si D series motor, and I'm trying to figure out a setup. I do not have 10k to spend on this setup, but I'm also not thinking I can get away with spending 300 on the entire thing. I feel I've got a setup that might work for what I want but I'm looking for your opinions or suggestions on the setup (but use facts please! If I'm wrong then do more than just tell me I'm wrong lol). This setup will eventually be turbocharged and daily run 12-15 psi on the afc hack (I've ran the hack for so long on a daily driven 12 psi 97 civic hatch that I swear by it) or I've been doing more research on Uberdata (still a little worries that I won't have to skills to tune myself). As for the turbo, I'm still up in the air on that. My civic had a dsm t25 (hence the screen name lol) but I want to go bigger. However, I'm not sure I want to spend 600-700 on a new t3/t4, and might go with a used dsm 16g etc.

Block: (d16a6)
Block will be posted using endyn posts
Vitara Pistons
Hasting Rings
Eagle Rods/Tuner Toy Rods/Scat rods
ARP rod bolts
ARP Head bolts
Rebore/hone to true up cylinder walls after posting
Cometic .027 Headgasket

Head: (d16y8)
Stock Valves/Springs/Retainers
Slight port match
Small cam upgrade (still researching cams, no clue which to use)

Now my questions regarding this setup:
1.) I know eagle makes awesome rods, but tuner toy rods seem a little cheaper? Are they still good rods or do you get what you pay for? What about scat? I'm trying to keep rods price to $300 or below.
2.) Suggestions on turbo cams? I want to idle like stock, so would a new cam even be worth it?
3.) I've checked the compression here http://www.knology.net/~jediklc/D.htm and with no modifications of the block the compression ratio comes out to be about 8.48:1. Is this a good goal for boosting 12-15 psi?
4.) That compresion ratio was based on a stock head, what would port matching or slight headwork do to the cc's of the y8 head?
5.) Suggestions on turbos that would match my motor?

Thank you so much for your suggestions/opinnions!

Nick
Old 03-19-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Rebuild options....What do you think of my setup? (T25 civic)

TTT no one has anything?
Old 03-19-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Rebuild options....What do you think of my setup? (T25 civic)

TTT you have to be kidding me? NOTHING?