Notices

Realization...To SLOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Realization...To SLOW!!

ok i've had my new toy for almost 2-3 months now (94 civic ex) made in canada so (considered SI) but not the point i have realized i need more power i'm adding custom piping with a straight through muffler within the next few days and i'm deciding and have researched a D series turbo to last me to a swap. but i had a few questions and none can be answered i've searched and still no answer. some are

1.) is is possible to make a Junkyard Turbo without removing my A/C i live in Cali San Francisco Bay Area and it's hot in the summer and as much as the turbo is great i can't remove my A/c or i'll die there's only so much air your windows can bring in.

i've heard that you can find a turbo that is opposite of the AC if so Does anybody have pics/have done that and kept there AC i dont' want to have to resort to a Prefab turbo kit till maybe the Swap.

Any information you can give me would be great thanks.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Realization...To SLOW!! (94sohc13)

uhhhh.....depending on the turbo you choose there are several companies with a/c compatible manifolds....even FullRace has one. Search InlinePro, RevHard blah blah blah.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:49 AM
New User

Default Re: Realization...To SLOW!! (mamaboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mamaboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uhhhh.....depending on the turbo you choose there are several companies with a/c compatible manifolds....even FullRace has one. Search InlinePro, RevHard blah blah blah.</TD></TR></TABLE>

listen to the man
Old 04-26-2004, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Realization...To SLOW!! (mamaboy)

The thing is i plan on going with a junkyard turbo as well... so something from a DSM.
Old 04-26-2004, 04:42 PM

I noticed that the problem is that they put the compressor side of the turbo on the drivers side, which is why it wont work with the AC, well... what if we were to take a flange and make an adapter piece, to extend the hf or cx manifold outwards so we could flip the turbo around. Putting the turbo out towards the front more would also allow for more room for the Downpipe, correct? Also, because we would do this we could flip the turbo around so that the compressor side of the turbo is on the passenger side and it wraps inwards instead of outwards, also in the process we could make a flange for an external wastegate. so that we can block of the stock WG safely.

Theoretically this all works, correct? but what about all the lagistics?
Old 04-26-2004, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Realization...To SLOW!! (B18Tahtaras)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18Tahtaras &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I noticed that the problem is that they put the compressor side of the turbo on the drivers side, which is why it wont work with the AC, well... what if we were to take a flange and make an adapter piece, to extend the hf or cx manifold outwards so we could flip the turbo around. Putting the turbo out towards the front more would also allow for more room for the Downpipe, correct? Also, because we would do this we could flip the turbo around so that the compressor side of the turbo is on the passenger side and it wraps inwards instead of outwards, also in the process we could make a flange for an external wastegate. so that we can block of the stock WG safely.

Theoretically this all works, correct? but what about all the lagistics?</TD></TR></TABLE>

sure, good luck working with that cast iron.

why dont you just spend $250 on a log mani that is a/c compatible.....?
Old 04-26-2004, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Realization...To SLOW!! (envision2teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by envision2teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why dont you just spend $250 on a log mani that is a/c compatible.....?</TD></TR></TABLE>

the thing that i dont have is money, also, we would just make two major flanges on the extender, this way we could bolt it to the motor, and then bolt the other side to the sotck manifold... Plus, this would cost me like 40 bucks for the manifold, and then about another 40 for the small pieces of tubing, and the metal stock for the flanges. father being a welder and all...
Old 04-26-2004, 07:43 PM

get a greddy kit and you dont have to worry about a/c or ps.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Realization...To SLOW!! (blksol62103)

Im sorry, but falling unto greddy islike conformity. We both want something different, and less expencive
Old 04-27-2004, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default sorry

seriously, I hope you know that they turbo d will be faster than the swap your are waiting for. Just do it right and buy a nice kit and keep a turbo d.

Rob
Old 05-04-2004, 06:05 PM

Default Re: sorry (rjardy)

ttt
Old 05-04-2004, 06:16 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18Tahtaras &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the thing that i dont have is money, .</TD></TR></TABLE>

And your trying to build and maintain a turbo honda...good luck.
Like i've always said skimp now pay later.
And of course there are always exceptions to the rule...don't bother chiming in we know your out there. You cant live life as an exception.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Realization...To SLOW!! (b16ahybrid)

its not that we're trying to not spend any money... but we dont want to waste 250 on a manifold that we can make(more or less) for alot less monies...
Old 05-04-2004, 07:52 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18Tahtaras &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its not that we're trying to not spend any money... but we dont want to waste 250 on a manifold that we can make(more or less) for alot less monies... </TD></TR></TABLE>

no it is that you dont want to spend the money. because if you had half of a brain you would.