Notices

RC engineering Injectors not fitting B16??????

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC engineering Injectors not fitting B16??????

like it says. these where ordered to specifically fit a b-series and they are not even close to fitting. WILL NOT even seat without the O-ring. its like it bottoms out or something. I compared it to a DSM that fits perfectly. I'm not gonna pull my stock injectors just for a Pic.

Anyone using these injectors on a Bseries and how did you get them to fit? or are these the wrong injectors???

help??
Old 08-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: RC engineering Injectors not fitting B16?????? (88crxhfb16)

you need the seals for the rc injectors.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine didnt seem to go all the way in when compared to stock but they were fine, the inner ones seemed to go in further and the 2 outters seemed to stick out just a tad more, but they sealed with the factory lower O rings in place
Old 08-21-2005, 09:09 AM

Default Re: (mrbsponge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrbsponge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mine didnt seem to go all the way in when compared to stock but they were fine, the inner ones seemed to go in further and the 2 outters seemed to stick out just a tad more, but they sealed with the factory lower O rings in place</TD></TR></TABLE>I dont understand how you guys get these to work, Mine wont even come close to fitting. I tried both O-rings the ones it came with and the factory. It really has nothing to do with the O-rings. they wont go all the way down.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:10 AM

Default Re: RC engineering Injectors not fitting B16?????? (wantboost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you need the seals for the rc injectors.</TD></TR></TABLE>tried those.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the dsm should have not fit unless you or somebody has sanded the seals making the center bigger to get them to fit. therefore the rc will not fit the bigger seals.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:32 AM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: RC engineering Injectors not fitting B16?????? (b18ccivics)

rc's dont go all the way down like stocks so dont worry if they look like sticking up.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RC engineering Injectors not fitting B16?????? (Hella_JDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hella_JDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">rc's dont go all the way down like stocks so dont worry if they look like sticking up.</TD></TR></TABLE> yeap thats what i found out when install mine.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: RC engineering Injectors not fitting B16?????? (Hella_JDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hella_JDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">rc's dont go all the way down like stocks so dont worry if they look like sticking up.</TD></TR></TABLE>thanks as long as they dont leak
Old 08-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: NOVA, but OC MD for the summers, 10th St., Tyson R.I.P, USA

did you bore out the stock seal?
Old 08-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you guys removing the plastic spacers on the intake manifold? where the fuel rail bolts down?

edit:

also if u double nut those studs on the intake manifold you can take them down a bit further which will place the injectors further down.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RC engineering Injectors not fitting B16?????? (ArinX)

where did you buy these from? I had to send mine back to rc to get them modified because the older ones use the nylon collar on the top (like yours) they installed the new aluminum collar and sent the proper o-rings to install them.

and for reference. straight out of the mans mouth (Russ Collins). "all my b series injectors will fit like stock, unless you are using the older style collars that need to be modified or the incorrect o-ring kits. You cant use the stock o-ring kit."

I have seen quite a few people leave the stock nylon spacer in the injector bosses and try to install their aftermarket injectors with orings.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: RC engineering Injectors not fitting B16?????? (Syner-G-Racing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syner-G-Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where did you buy these from? I had to send mine back to rc to get them modified because the older ones use the nylon collar on the top (like yours) they installed the new aluminum collar and sent the proper o-rings to install them.

and for reference. straight out of the mans mouth (Russ Collins). "all my b series injectors will fit like stock, unless you are using the older style collars that need to be modified or the incorrect o-ring kits. You cant use the stock o-ring kit."

I have seen quite a few people leave the stock nylon spacer in the injector bosses and try to install their aftermarket injectors with orings. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not sure what your talking about stock nylon spacer?? anyways I put the rubber O-ring that was sent with the injectors around the injector in the picture and went to put it in and there is no way it is going in. It is way to big once the O-ring is around it. tried putting O-ring in first also, that doesnt work either. The fact is that it doesnt fit a B series properly and they shouldnt advertise it like it does, regardless of whether you can force them in and they don't leak, they still don't fit properly.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:32 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18ccivics &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the dsm should have not fit unless you or somebody has sanded the seals making the center bigger to get them to fit. therefore the rc will not fit the bigger seals. </TD></TR></TABLE> I had no problem with the DSM's fitting and I didnt have to sand the seals to get them to fit. It has nothing to do with why the RC's don't fit, because I am using completely different seals.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: RC engineering Injectors not fitting B16?????? (98coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did you bore out the stock seal?</TD></TR></TABLE>

no I didnt bore out the stock seal because I dont have anything to bore it out with. shouldnt have to do that though. RC said they would fit perfectly.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the dsm shouldnt have fit unless you bored the fuel ports. and the nylon spacers i speak of is the black section on the top of the injector. take a pic of you attempting to install the injector...because they fit tight, are you using any sort of oring lube. you should slowly rotate it back and forth until it slips in.

check out my post from awhile back and compare your injector and youll see what I mean. there are a bunch of pics.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1029269
Old 08-23-2005, 03:51 AM

Default Re: RC engineering Injectors not fitting B16?????? (Syner-G-Racing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syner-G-Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the dsm shouldnt have fit unless you bored the fuel ports. and the nylon spacers i speak of is the black section on the top of the injector. take a pic of you attempting to install the injector...because they fit tight, are you using any sort of oring lube. you should slowly rotate it back and forth until it slips in.

check out my post from awhile back and compare your injector and youll see what I mean. there are a bunch of pics.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1029269</TD></TR></TABLE>i'll check it out.