Notices

Raddiator cap/boost spike feedback...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raddiator cap/boost spike feedback...

what up guys...i read a post the other day about some of you guys using radiator necks/caps welded on to your intercoolers as a sercurity device against boost creep/spikes... ive got a jdm h22 running low boost like 7psi and i have a braced ssautocrap mani (i know i know.. i bought it a few years ago when i was young and didnt know better).. it holds boost decent sometimes but under reallllly hard acceleration i see some spiking like up to 10 or so...maybe more... i tuned it myself using uberdata and it should be safe at that bost level anyhow.. but i really dont trust it.... if i were to put on a 7psi radiator neck and cap on my intercooler would that help me out? i know i should do it the right way and buy a new mani and redo my down pipe but i really dont have the money.. thanks in advance guys...
Old 04-20-2006, 08:50 AM

Default Re: Raddiator cap/boost spike feedback... (turboH22Aakkord)

ttt... this subject was just covered a few weeks ago.. but i couldnt seem to find anything in a search.. help?
Old 04-20-2006, 10:50 AM

ttt anyone??
Old 04-20-2006, 10:57 AM
wrenchin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you would want one for 8 psi. if you put one on for 7 psi, it will open at 7 psi. get one for 8 psi and itwont let your boost go OVER 7. i havent done this personally, but ive spoken to people that have and they say it works wonderful
Old 04-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Never heard of this but sounds interesting. How will you be able to tell what the PSI of the cap will be, and will the cap oepn quick enough to not let the surge go back to the intercooler/turbine?
Old 04-20-2006, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Raddiator cap/boost spike feedback... (I Have an STD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Have an STD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you would want one for 8 psi. if you put one on for 7 psi, it will open at 7 psi. get one for 8 psi and itwont let your boost go OVER 7. i havent done this personally, but ive spoken to people that have and they say it works wonderful</TD></TR></TABLE>

awesome man.. thanks.. i was thinking the saaaaame thing.. i just havent been able to find a 8psi cap.. any recomendations?? thanks again man!
Old 04-20-2006, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Raddiator cap/boost spike feedback... (drintegra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Never heard of this but sounds interesting. How will you be able to tell what the PSI of the cap will be, and will the cap oepn quick enough to not let the surge go back to the intercooler/turbine?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you can buy different caps with differnt psi ratings... and ..umm.. i guess it works well all it will do is pritty much bleed off the extra boost that is spiking past your wastegate setting.. im not sure if that helps your question haha but i tried.... anyone else had any experience with this??