Questions/Suggestions on Turbos/Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions/Suggestions on Turbos/Build

I've decided to stop my all motor mission...and go to the dark side...i've ben searching all day and i think i got the basic part of it...my list of things to get are

1. turbo manifold
2. turbo itself
3. wastegate
4. intercooler
5. bigger injectors
6. pipings
7. all oil lines

What brands are good? trying to run 300+ horse...9+ psi...with forged internals and all...whats a good place to order these parts seperately? and how much do these usually go for?

i think i've decided to go rev hard manifold, tial wastegate, garret t3/to4e turbo, custom intercooler, custom piping/lines...any suggestions on this list? kind of new to turbo trying to learn as much as possible...any suggestions would be helpful.

right not im just gonna try to order the turbo itself...how much should i spend on a brand new one? also...might be ordering 4 all together for me and my boys, anybody know where to get a good deal? sorry im such a noob with boost...
Old 11-01-2004, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Questions/Suggestions on Turbos/Build (95GeeZR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95GeeZR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've decided to stop my all motor mission...and go to the dark side...i've ben searching all day and i think i got the basic part of it...my list of things to get are

1. turbo manifold
2. turbo itself
3. wastegate
4. intercooler
5. bigger injectors
6. pipings
7. all oil lines

What brands are good? trying to run 300+ horse...9+ psi...with forged internals and all...whats a good place to order these parts seperately? and how much do these usually go for?

i think i've decided to go rev hard manifold, tial wastegate, garret t3/to4e turbo, custom intercooler, custom piping/lines...any suggestions on this list? kind of new to turbo trying to learn as much as possible...any suggestions would be helpful.

right not im just gonna try to order the turbo itself...how much should i spend on a brand new one? also...might be ordering 4 all together for me and my boys, anybody know where to get a good deal? sorry im such a noob with boost...</TD></TR></TABLE>

A new turbo is going to run anywhere from 600+ and up. My Garrett t3/t04e was 600 bucks from cheapturbo.com

Reputable Companies:
Manifolds: Inline Pro, Full Race, Lovefab, Blox, Rev Hard, etc.
Wastegate: Tial, Turbonetics, Turbosmart
Intercooler: Greddy, PWR, Presicion, JRC, theres MANY...
Injectors: RC, Presicion, Holley...

you seem to have your feet set with boost, alot of people sound clueless when turning to the darkside but your post lacks dumbass questions/comments.

any ideas on how you are going to build your bottom end with forged internals?
Old 11-01-2004, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Questions/Suggestions on Turbos/Build (lanojp1)

lolz i really thought i was clueless...with the bottom end...im gonna be sending it out to golden eagle to resleeve 84mm and all that other good stuff...ls crank, 9:1...blah blah blah...o i have a couple other questions.

1. with the intercooler...my boy said he can get a custom one with 2.5" endtanks for 300...any real difference in intercoolers?

2. and...this might sound like a dumb questions...but the kit is gonan be on a gsr...does turbo and vtec run at the same time? and i also heard of a vafc hack...is the hack just cancel out vtec and run straight turbo?

3. wastegate size? why 35, 38, 40mm? whats the big differences? can't all of them handle the same amount of psi depending on the spring?

4. turbo specs? what specs should i looks for? when it says .57ar vs. 60ar...and everything else...differences...
Old 11-01-2004, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Questions/Suggestions on Turbos/Build (95GeeZR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95GeeZR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lolz i really thought i was clueless...with the bottom end...im gonna be sending it out to golden eagle to resleeve 84mm and all that other good stuff...ls crank, 9:1...blah blah blah...o i have a couple other questions.

1. with the intercooler...my boy said he can get a custom one with 2.5" endtanks for 300...any real difference in intercoolers?

2. and...this might sound like a dumb questions...but the kit is gonan be on a gsr...does turbo and vtec run at the same time? and i also heard of a vafc hack...is the hack just cancel out vtec and run straight turbo?

3. wastegate size? why 35, 38, 40mm? whats the big differences? can't all of them handle the same amount of psi depending on the spring?

4. turbo specs? what specs should i looks for? when it says .57ar vs. 60ar...and everything else...differences...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

im ur man for these answers...i have a 84.5mm golden eagle sleeved GSR soon to be turbo...

1. intercoolers have two basic core designs, bar and plate vs. tube and fin, search around for comparisons...

2. Depending on your turbo, it will spool at different RPMS, my turbo will boost at around 3800 RPMs, and then my VTEC will kick at 4400, you CAN run them both together without complication. The VAFC hack is a cheap way of tuning your car, its basically allowing you to use bigger injectors with your stock ECU, its not very efficient but it does work...

3. Wastegate size is basically preference, 35 and 38 are basically the same, some of the higher sizes are v-band capable for easy install...yes, the spring does determine at what PSi the gate will open, also in combo with a manual boost controller.

4. Specs to look for the trim and the a/r, i have a garret t3/t04e 57 trim .63 ar...