Notices

questions about turbos

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions about turbos

i dont know what size of turbo i want to use im going to fully build ls top end w/titanium springs valves retainers port and polished pistons rods crank work and block gaurd just to be safe i was thinking of going T3/T4 hybrid but waht to know when it will start biulding boost what kits have u guys had and what numbers did u guys get from them please send response need help thanks
Old 10-17-2004, 06:52 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 221 Likes on 198 Posts
Default Re: questions about turbos (SHOCKER RACING CRX CREW)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SHOCKER RACING CRX CREW &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont know what size of turbo i want to use im going to fully build ls top end w/titanium springs valves retainers port and polished pistons rods crank work and block gaurd just to be safe i was thinking of going T3/T4 hybrid but waht to know when it will start biulding boost what kits have u guys had and what numbers did u guys get from them please send response need help thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>
Honestly, a "fully built" motor means iron-sleeves not a block guard. Don't get me wrong,...I had a block guard last time...but it surely didn't help me from cracking the #3 cylinder walls in my block. A turbo kit is fine....just remember that you will (most of the time) get what they give you. Most kits out there comes with 2" intercooler piping, a wastegate with lower PSI spring, and a smaller FMIC. I, too, researched and found out that I would come out cheaper by "piecing" all my components together with the brands I liked. Look around in the Marketplace forum under "forced induction" and you will find a lot of shops with great deals on parts. I don't have a kit but my PRECISION SC61 works fine for me!!!