Notices

questions about nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2001, 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions about nitrous

ok i know nothin about nitrous so someon answer these for my retarded self
1) when do u usually spray? before u take off or after or can u do both or what?
2) what is purging?
3) how quikly can u spray again after u spray?
4) how much can u spray on a b18b?
5) which nitrous company do u perfer?

sorry bout all the questions its just iv been wondering these and i want to spray one of my civics so thanx in advance for all the replys
Old 11-29-2001, 06:27 AM
Texas B*tch!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: questions about nitrous (-Dizzy-)

ok i know nothin about nitrous so someon answer these for my retarded self
1) when do u usually spray? before u take off or after or can u do both or what?
2) what is purging?
3) how quikly can u spray again after u spray?
4) how much can u spray on a b18b?
5) which nitrous company do u perfer?
sorry bout all the questions its just iv been wondering these and i want to spray one of my civics so thanx in advance for all the replys
Not a nitrous expert, but I beleive it's recommended after you are at a high enough RPM, open throttle.

Purging is cleaning out the tubes and all that I beleive so that there's no blockage before you go hardcore so there is no backup and so it doesn't rape your engine.

You usually don't need to spray in continuous spurts, I honestly don't know how good it is for your engine first of all, and chances are you won't need it for more than little 5 and even maybe at the most 10 second intervals (assuming you are smart and take it to the track)

It's not recommend on a stock engine especially as small as our 4's to run more than a 85 shot MAX. Everyone tries to stick between the 50-75 range, it's just like running just enough boost to where **** doesn't start flying everywhere.

For our imports and since it seems like you are a newbie when it comes to nitrous, I'd recommend looking at the Zex kit. http://www.zex.com I beleive is their website. Please do me a favor and read up and learn all that you can besides what people tell you on this site, that is the best way and safest way. I also recommend getting all of the proper accessories to help make your engine survive longer after you start spraying, but read up a little bit then come back and let us know how it goes.

It's snowing in Texas right now! Hehe