Notices

Question about turbo kit...Oil Sending Unit/Oil Return line

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about turbo kit...Oil Sending Unit/Oil Return line

I have been researching turbo kits for my car for a long time now..and i am very confident to install one, except for one thing...

Where does the oil sending unit line go? and where does the oil return line go?

from what i have read it seems as if both goto the turbo to "cycle" oil in and out...

let me know!

thanks,
mike

Old 07-02-2002, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about turbo kit...Oil Sending Unit/Oil Return line (MikeMAN)

The sending line goes to the back of the block where the oil pressure sender switch thing is. Its next to the oil filter and has a rubber boot covering it with a wire coming out of it. You have to T off of that for the oil sending line. The oil return line goes to the oil pan. You'll have to drill a hole and weld a bung onto the oil pan up high.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:08 AM
New User

Default Re: Question about turbo kit...Oil Sending Unit/Oil Return line (MikeMAN)

The FEED line is the stainless steel line that is usually provided with the kit. There is a brass fitting in the shape of "T" you need to take out the OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNIT from the back of the block. Screw in the fitting then screw the OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNIT into one end of the fitting and the stainless steel line into the other. The line runs into the turbo between the compressor and exhaust housing.

The RETURN line is more of a Rubber like heater hose (usually) There should be a long outlet welded to a 2 bolt flange that bolts to the turbo directly on the other side of the feed line. This line needs to run into the oil pan. You need to weld a metal tube into your oil pan then run the line from the turbo to the pan to drain the oil.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:09 AM
New User

Default Re: Question about turbo kit...Oil Sending Unit/Oil Return line (newsense)

Okay he replied before I got done...
Old 07-02-2002, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about turbo kit...Oil Sending Unit/Oil Return line (newsense)

thanks a lot guys! i really appreciate all the help and knowledge i have recieved from this board! appreciate it guys! really!..

about six months ago I thought i new a "fair" amount about honda's engines..etc...
but thanks to you guys, I have already gained enough knowledge to install a turbo kit! i really appreciate it guys!

thanks again,
mike

once again, most here are truly class acts!