Notices

Question about HKS SSQV

Old 05-15-2006, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about HKS SSQV

Ok, I have had the HKS SSQV for about 6 months now and I absolutely love it. Well I was searhing on the internet and I came across this...

"The triple-fin inserts are available in gold (standard high frequency sound) for visual appeal and in purple metallic (emits a lower frequency sound than both the standard and gold SSBV inserts) for an alternate sound and appearance. SSQV inserts are easily interchangeable within minutes."

Now my question is, has anyone tried out the HKS Gold insert? I really want to make this a really high frequency chirp. Also does anyone have a sounds clip with the gold insert?

Thanks
Old 05-15-2006, 09:19 PM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Question about HKS SSQV (CO_CReX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CO_CReX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> "The triple-fin inserts are available in gold (standard high frequency sound) for visual appeal and in purple metallic (emits a lower frequency sound than both the standard and gold SSBV inserts) for an alternate sound and appearance. SSQV inserts are easily interchangeable within minutes."

Now my question is, has anyone tried out the HKS Gold insert? I really want to make this a really high frequency chirp. Also does anyone have a sounds clip with the gold insert?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Read over that quote again. They could definitely re-word things to make it a lot clearer for people but here's the answer: The silver and gold inserts sound exactly the same. The difference between the two is simply the color.....and the reason is what they state it as: "for visual appeal."

If you want it to be louder, run more boost I've quote him before, and I'll do it again (I just like it that much haha).......
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integranator &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Dual HKS SSQ's at 30psi Sounds like hitting a Seagull at 140.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAHAHA! Great Quote! Thats to clarifying that for me.