Notices

Question about Boost Controller!! SHARP AND MILD settings....

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 06:39 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: 99th level of hell, where all roads only go straight, where curves go to die. Houston Texas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Boost Controller!! SHARP AND MILD settings....

I just had a questoin about my Greddy Profec B boost controller, I see that there is another volume knbho for Sharp and MIld settings for the WG I assume. I assume it adjust how the WG opens up, sharp = quickly, mild = slow and smooth.

What I was wondering is, how does adjusting it to either sharp or mild effect performance? How will the car respond? Can I elimante some turbo lag? I mean... I just want to know what are some advantages and disadvantages of putting it more toward another.

Right now it's just right in the middle of sharp and mild sooo..
But let me know, I'd like to fiddle around with it.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Question about Boost Controller!! SHARP AND MILD settings.... (Snafu-Si)

If you set it too aggressive, then the Wastegate will start to spike. Set it in the middle and start working your way up. Then go partial throttle up to like maybe 4psi then floor it. If the boost spikes then you have it set too high....
Old 04-11-2003, 09:46 PM
I am a bad person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Question about Boost Controller!! SHARP AND MILD settings.... (PureTeg420)

I always ran mine at the 3 o clock position. it never spiked and always had very good response especially in high boost. i would never run it toward mild. it never worked good that way in any car i have used one on
Old 04-11-2003, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Question about Boost Controller!! SHARP AND MILD settings.... (MotorMatrix.com)

i should mention I am running a blitz-sbcid. I went ahead and assumed that the GAIN setting on my boost controller is the same as your sharp and mild setting
Old 04-12-2003, 03:54 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: 99th level of hell, where all roads only go straight, where curves go to die. Houston Texas
Default Re: Question about Boost Controller!! SHARP AND MILD settings.... (MotorMatrix.com)

I assume spiking is what? I haven't gotten a chance yet, I will later today, but I just wanted a discription since I'm all new to do this. I think I know what you guys mean but I just thought that it wouldn't hurt to also ask.

Is it simply just sudden little surges of boost?

So is my objective to make my balance sharper in small increments until I get a little boost spike and then lower it back down in increments until I find a ideal balance between the two?

What would be... i dunno, I guess you could call it, ideal balance?

Thanks guys.
Old 04-12-2003, 01:07 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Question about Boost Controller!! SHARP AND MILD settings.... (Snafu-Si)

Just curious to people that have the profec B, or any boost controller, do most of you guys have it set more in the sharp side instead of mild?
Old 04-12-2003, 02:56 PM

This is a question I have as well. I just installed my Profec B a few weeks ago. As of right now, the setting is at about 1 o'clock but I'm leaning towards going more towards the shard side... not sure yet.