Notices

pvc / catch can / crankcase pressure **SEARCHED**

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pvc / catch can / crankcase pressure **SEARCHED**

i have searched for the last hour and could not find an answer to my question.

a friend of myne was getting his cb7 accord tuned and when the tuner saw that his pvc was stock (pvc strait to intake mani) he almost fliped cause of crankcase boost... when i heard that i asked him about my setup, the way i had my catch can set up was pvc to can, can to intake mani. he told me that was just as bad an uselss...

he told me to run it from pvc to catch can and then from catch can to pre turbo and just block of the vac fitting on the intake manifold?? is that right? cause after i did it that way my rpms started going crazy. when i let off the gas and shift to neutral, the rpms drop almost to the point where the car stalls and then shoot back to around normal.

i didnt try putting it back like it was yet cause of time, but could the reason be cause the intake manifol vac fitting was blotcked off?

eventually i want to weld -10an fittings into my valve cover and run a second catch can but thats gonna be a little later, or even could i use the same can and just weld in two more fittings into it?

ok everyone thanks for the help
Old 08-03-2006, 11:34 AM

Default Re: pvc / catch can / crankcase pressure **SEARCHED** (zexifiedlude)

you didn't search hardenough because there is a multi page thread called the official crankcase evacuation thread. read it.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:22 PM

i red the whole thread it didnt answer my question at all
Old 08-03-2006, 08:47 PM

anyone at all?
Old 08-03-2006, 09:47 PM

Default Re: pvc / catch can / crankcase pressure **SEARCHED** (zexifiedlude)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1199935

This is one of the better post that have been put together there are a couple other ones but tend to be more towards B series engines. This one outlines a couple motors so it should clear up any questions you were having.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:13 AM

i have read the entire thread and it does anything for me... can anyone answer my questions
Old 08-05-2006, 06:46 PM

Default Re: (zexifiedlude)

i'd like to know who this tuner is first of all. hooking up the return from the can to either manifold or preturbo is about the same thing. you're still recirculating it through the intake. difference is in case of really bad blowby, you may get some oil residue in the compressor or in the IM. either way, you're getting it sucked back in the motor. plugging the pcv on your IM shouldn't cause your motor to rev wildly. before i got my endyn breather kit, i was using a greddy catch can. from pcv box of the rear of the block to the can and from the can to the intake mani. i'm now eliminating the recirculation by hooking up a slash cut in my dp. the catch can came with a breather up top but i'm gonna use that with a check valve inline to plug into my exhaust. that way, i don't have any recirculation into the motor. i don't know if this helps any. btw, do you have a lightened flywheel?