Notices

putting my jrsc on sat ......

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default putting my jrsc on sat ......

putting my jrsc on sat ...... 10:27 AM 8/21/2002

Hey everyone , well i've decided to go with the jrsc on my R .....so far i have a cold air intake , dc 4-1 , bypass pipe , stock mid pipe and spoon n1 ....my questions for today are as follows ( and yes ive done some searches but could not find concrete answers) ....i plan to keep with the stock set up running 6 psi so what type of spark plugs should i use ?( oh and im using 94 octane gas) what timing should i run ?(to be a little on the safe side) ....and lastley ive read about the vafc hack and forgoing the fmu , but to my understanding everyone was running a turbo , could i possibly use the hack for my application ? if so would i still need to upgrade the injectors ??and would this help my coz ?? or should i just stick with the fmu ?? please some helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated .....
Old 08-21-2002, 06:22 AM
Trial User

Default Re: putting my jrsc on sat ...... (bkdrman)

I'm suprised to see you going the JRSC route on an R. A lot of guys have a lot of problems with them running too rich on the top end but....

Back your timing off 2-3 degrees as per the Jackson instructions, even with 94 octane. Once you get it running well and any bugs worked out you can try bumping it back up to see if you get any pinging.

Get plugs that are one heat range colder, NGK 7 heat range. I can't remember the exact plug number anymore but I believe your stock plug is a 6 heat range and 7 is one step colder.

I had the VAFC hack on my GSR w/ JRSC @ 9 PSI and I loved it but since your installing this weekend jsut install as directed for now but look into the VAFC hack because it's a much better way to provide extra fuel over the standard FMU setup. On a JRSC this involves moving the MAP sensor to a pport on the JR manifold, taking out the FMU and installing 440-450cc injectors along with a VAFC to make the bigger injectors act like stock ones when not in boost.

Good luck on Saturday!
Old 08-21-2002, 07:57 AM

Take your time and read the instrucstions well. SOme of the instruction suck. Make sure you put the support bracket on the same time the alternator goes on. When moving the injector and other harness allow extra length.

I advise you to check this sight. Good luck!

http://home.nycap.rr.com/ghjrsc/
Old 08-21-2002, 08:02 AM

Default Re: putting my jrsc on sat ...... (5 Liter Eater)

Thanks for all your help but I gave up on the hack bro. The surging RPM sucks and I'm running very rich!!! My head gasket is leaking too. One problem after another. So many problems!!!! :D

I don't think the hack is for SC especially for 1.6L . It runs better on turbo. I'm going hondata just because I want to keep my car until 200k miles :D Hope no problems with that too or I'l be ****!!!! :D

[Modified by GOKOU, 9:48 PM 8/21/2002]
Old 08-21-2002, 06:12 PM

cool , thanks for the info ....i'll just stick with the fmu way for now and then go the hondata route with a p28 .......i think what i found on the plugs was bkr7e 11 but someone else suggested bkr7e because it comes with a .38 pre gapped instead of .42 with the bkre7-11, (i'll just check the gap)
Hey 5 liter eater you were sayin that on R's peeps were having probs of running too rich but to try the vafc hack to richen the fuel ?? could i not use the vafc to lean the car out ?? sorry for the stupidity but im not comprehending something ....other than that is there anything else someone might have suggestions on the install to help it go smoother ?ie things i should have on hand that they don't mention in the manual or things you guys have found helpful during the install ? *getting excited now*