Notices

JRSC help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 10:37 PM
Hites

Default JRSC help.

i want any and all advice on what to get and do to a jrsc'd integra ls. i dont want to hear anything like "get a turbo" or "get a vortech supercharger". it will be running the stock 6 psi with aftermarket i/h/e and a cleaned out cat. it will be a daily driver most of the time, so reliability is a must; it wont be constantly raced, so BIG mods are not needed. im a man with a tight budget and only the bare necesities are wanted but if something else is highly recommended, it will be considered. its better to know everything before starting anything .
Old 07-27-2003, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: JRSC help. (Hites)

I have a JRSC on a 00 si and i am running 8psi on mine and is a daily driver and sees the track like once a month. A JRSC is very good for reliabilty the only thing that i have had a problem with on their set up is the fact that the FMU they give you is a POS. i had to replace mine after 1000 miles on it but my new one works fine. most people will tell you to go with a vortec FMU, hondata, SMC hack or other type of fuel management. I said screw it and stuck with the FMU they gave me. The FMU causes very high fuel pressures though and is not good on injectors so i would bump those up to some thing bigger like 440's but then you will need some other sort of fuel management or just keep checking the injectors and replace them if they go bad. Other than that it is very reliable on the street with that amount of boost.

Oh yea when you get it buy a fuel pump just to make sure even thought i highly doubt you will need it.

that is just my .02
Old 07-30-2003, 07:25 AM

At the very least you should get the Boost Timing Control and MAP Controller from JR. You will probably need a fuel pump also. Without some kind of fuel management you won't get the full power from your supercharger and you will ahve problems with detonation. If you keep an eye on the classifieds her and at the "forced induction integra" forum on hostboard.com you can find a VAFC and some larger injectors pretty cheap. With these you can tune your fuel better for more power. (If the LS doesn't have vtec then the AFC is all you need) The jrsc BTC and MAP controller aren't the best form of fuel managment, but they will keep you running safely at 6 psi. If you get the larger injectors then you shouldn't need the fuel pump.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:44 PM
Hites

Default Re: JRSC help. (fredtoast)

i think ill go with the larger injectors. ripping out my rear seats to get to the fuel pump just doesnt sound all that fun to me . what size of injector do you think i should get? remember: this is mostly for daily driving. 310? 440? some other size? would i be fine if i just got the map controller and not the btc?
Old 07-30-2003, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ive got some 270's for sale that I ran in my JRSC set up for less then a month. Flow Tested 269-270-270-269....$210
Old 07-30-2003, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I am currently running RC 370's in my Civic, i drive this car every day and I just hit the track here in Carlsbad, got 14.0's @102 consistently with no traction in 1st or 2nd gears... I think my car is 13.8 easy, i just have to get some better tires instead of these Kumho 712's that I drive on..... or learn how to drive correctly...

Another investment that I highly recommend is Hondata.....S100 with boost option..

And taking out your rear seat to replace your fuel pump will take you about an hour if you take it slow and easy..it's not hard at all....
Old 07-31-2003, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

get 440's if you ever plan on boosting higher. the smc is also a cheap way to manage those injectors.

importparts.com has a sale for honda-tech. go ask them.