Notices

Purchased Bisimoto 2.4 turbo cam, springs, and retainers...now what?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchased Bisimoto 2.4 turbo cam, springs, and retainers...now what?

..As the title states I purchased these bisimoto products, to my knowledge cam's have to be degreed but i do not own the tools in order to accomplish this.

I also own an AEM adjustable cam gear, I wanted to know if there was any way to drop in the bisimoto 2.4 turbo cam and get it as close to spec with out actually degreeing it.

I'm just assuming that this has been done before and maybe someone knows off hand.

I was also told to be concerned with cold valve lash adjustment? unclear on this too.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Purchased Bisimoto 2.4 turbo cam, springs, and retainers...now what?

Originally Posted by Freshdot
Hi all, long time lurker first time poster here..

As the title states I purchased these bisimoto products, to my knowledge cam's have to be degreed but i do not own the tools in order to accomplish this.

I also own an AEM adjustable cam gear, I wanted to know if there was any way to drop in the bisimoto 2.4 turbo cam and get it as close to spec with out actually degreeing it.

I'm just assuming that this has been done before and maybe someone knows off hand.

I was also told to be concerned with cold valve lash adjustment? unclear on this too.
Call Bisomoto and ask someone there. Best place to start.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Purchased Bisimoto 2.4 turbo cam, springs, and retainers...now what?

Originally Posted by h22crxpwr
Call Bisomoto and ask someone there. Best place to start.
i did that and they told me that all needed info would be on the cam card -__-
Old 04-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i did that and they told me that all needed info would be on the cam card -__-
Where are you located?
Old 04-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm in NYC dude.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..As the title states I purchased these bisimoto products, to my knowledge cam's have to be degreed but i do not own the tools in order to accomplish this.

Hello Sir,
Thank-you for purchasing those quality Bisimoto parts for your build. My advice is to take it to a credible mechanic/tuner capable of properly installing and degreeing the camshaft. If it is not done correctly you can suffer poor power as well as risking damage to your investment on good parts. There is no quick way around doing proper camshaft degreeing being that every application will differ slightly and even a few degrees will be a huge difference!
Old 04-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Degreeing in your camshaft means synchronizing the camshaft's position with the crankshaft. A few degrees of misalignment can affect the engine's operation dramatically. If there were no manufacturing tolerances, you would only need to line up the marks on the timing chain sprockets and the cam would be degreed, but with a group of components (the camshaft, crankshaft, timing chain, and sprockets) all with their own standards and tolerances that when installed, can stack up against you. You can never be sure that the cam is in its correct position until you degree it in. For best performance, you should degree in all performance camshafts.

The basic tools required are a degree wheel, a stable pointer that can be mounted to the engine, a dial indicator with at least one inch of travel in .001" increments, a stand that mounts it to the engine, and a positive stop device to locate TDC.

If you change your timing belt or chain, chain tensioner, cut your head, or deck your block, you must degree in your cams.

hope this helps, cheers

-Alvin
Old 04-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

None the less, Bisimoto Engineering and all of its affiliates recommends that you have a trained professional with the correct and necessary tools to do the job correctly the fist time around.

once again hope that shed some light on the subject.