Notices

Propane injection?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone runnuing PROPANE INJECTION?

Just wondeing if any of you force fed guys/gals are running propane injection. I have a 1995 TSI with propane injection and love it. its like running race gas all the time! 110 octane

check out the pics

http://www.h20injection.com/fo...p?t=7

what are your thoughts on propane injection?

TWITCH
Old 12-07-2003, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone runnuing PROPANE INJECTION? (-=TWITCH=-)

interesting... tell us more! How does it work / how do you meter it / what turns it on/off, how to you regulate it, where do you inject it, etc?
Old 12-07-2003, 09:15 AM
Banned

Default Re: Anyone runnuing PROPANE INJECTION? (Johnyquest)

I'd love to sign up but I can't get past control image. I'm typing it in correct but the computer says i'm not.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:46 AM

Default Re: Anyone runnuing PROPANE INJECTION? (Johnyquest)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Johnyquest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">interesting... tell us more! How does it work / how do you meter it / what turns it on/off, how to you regulate it, where do you inject it, etc?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Propane is injected into the Throttle body, the system uses a HOBBS pressure switch set to a boost limit. When you hit say 10psi the propane is injected. There is a needle vavle that you adjust to add more or less propane. THe kit works wonders, basically im running 110+ octane all the time. The best part is a 5lb propane tank last for months and only cost 3.00 to fill.

Chris
Old 12-07-2003, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Anyone runnuing PROPANE INJECTION? (danl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by danl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd love to sign up but I can't get past control image. I'm typing it in correct but the computer says i'm not. </TD></TR></TABLE>

They are all case sensitive. Try it again and let me know!

Old 12-07-2003, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Its a really cool idea. The thing i really didnt like about the setup is having a propane bottle in the back of the car. I suppose people drive around with NOS all the time....

If i had to choose, i would go for methanol/water injection. There is a guy on honda-tech that dynoed 510whp with methanol/water injector and 91 octane pump gas.

liam
Old 12-07-2003, 09:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone runnuing PROPANE INJECTION? (liam821)

We ran propane on a buddies C5, replaced the wet side of a nitrous kit with propane and hes running a 250 shot on pump gas Works great, I love it.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Anyone runnuing PROPANE INJECTION? (liam821)

Yes but why not RUN both? I run water injection and propane injection at the same time. so 110 octane fuel plus the the water = why not get the best of both worlds. I really dont even need an intercooler! lol
Old 12-07-2003, 10:50 AM

twitch. last year you raced my friend in the red civic turbo. we talked and i lost your card i need to get in touch with you man to order one of your intercooler chillers. please email me or instant message me on here. bwilson14@kc.rr.com
Old 12-07-2003, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Anyone runnuing PROPANE INJECTION? (dilsnickracing)

Ya that was a fat car! did he ever run it at the track?
Old 12-07-2003, 11:43 AM

Hey do you have more pics of your setup? Or maybe a diagram. I am curious to see how it is done.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Anyone runnuing PROPANE INJECTION? (norcalcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by norcalcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey do you have more pics of your setup? Or maybe a diagram. I am curious to see how it is done.</TD></TR></TABLE>
A parts list and a write up would be great
I have been toying with the idea of propane injection ever since I saw that episode of 'trucks' lol, where they installed nitrous and propane injection on a turbo diesel.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: The Land Of Car Thieves/Rising Gas Prices Daygo, CA, US

never heard of it...but will do some research now though.....
Old 12-07-2003, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone runnuing PROPANE INJECTION? (slashDEVslashNULL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slashDEVslashNULL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I have been toying with the idea of propane injection ever since I saw that episode of 'trucks' lol, where they installed nitrous and propane injection on a turbo diesel.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I saw that too. The thing I thought was weird was that the propane made WAY more power than the N2o.......the N2o only added like 5 HP...IDKWTF they were doing....
Old 12-07-2003, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slashDEVslashNULL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I have been toying with the idea of propane injection ever since I saw that episode of 'trucks' lol, where they installed nitrous and propane injection on a turbo diesel.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I saw that to. Crazy stuff
Old 12-07-2003, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Anyone runnuing PROPANE INJECTION? (Kwuaymaikrup)

Some things to think about! Propane injection on a diesel and propane on a gas vehicle act in two different ways! Propane on a diesel acts like nitrous used in a gas vehicle. However, on a gas powered it raises your fuel octane level to 110 octane, that is using 92 octane pump gas. This is just like running race gas but better! Why is it better? Propane is in a gaseous form when it enters your cylinders not a liquid. This is awesome for spreading gasoline and propane around the cylinders, this gets rid of “HOT SPOTS” and reduces Pre ignition (detonation) I use a 5lb propane tank I go for months and use it every day. The tank only cost 3.00 to fill! I bought my system for 200.00 plus 40.00 for the 5lb tank. When you really think about how much money you will save from not having to use race gas its worth it. And just the fact that your fuel octane is a 110+ is enough to sell me on propane injection. Here are some more pics of my Propane injection kit! Its very easy to install and use! I cant tell you enough how badass this stuff is. Give you a little idea. I have a 1995 talon TSI with a big16g turbo (upgraded turbo) im on a completely Stock fuel system and intercooler running 17psi with 20+ deg of timing and NO knock in sight! This stuff is great

PICTURES

http://www.h20injection.com/fo...?t=11

twitch
Old 12-07-2003, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Interesting setup.. The "kit" seems to be very simple, not much different than a nitrous kit, except it runs at much lower pressures. Where do you get your "refills" btw, just head to the local hardware store and swap tanks? It definetly seems like an interesting idea, but how do you know how much propane to inject into the motor? Also, would a -4 line flow enough for people that wouldn't want to use the rubber line? Thanks.

-Mike
Old 12-08-2003, 10:26 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -=TWITCH=- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Some things to think about! Propane injection on a diesel and propane on a gas vehicle act in two different ways! Propane on a diesel acts like nitrous used in a gas vehicle. However, on a gas powered it raises your fuel octane level to 110 octane, that is using 92 octane pump gas. This is just like running race gas but better! Why is it better? Propane is in a gaseous form when it enters your cylinders not a liquid. This is awesome for spreading gasoline and propane around the cylinders, this gets rid of Â?HOT SPOTSÂ? and reduces Pre ignition (detonation) I use a 5lb propane tank I go for months and use it every day. The tank only cost 3.00 to fill! I bought my system for 200.00 plus 40.00 for the 5lb tank. When you really think about how much money you will save from not having to use race gas its worth it. And just the fact that your fuel octane is a 110+ is enough to sell me on propane injection. Here are some more pics of my Propane injection kit! Its very easy to install and use! I cant tell you enough how badass this stuff is. Give you a little idea. I have a 1995 talon TSI with a big16g turbo (upgraded turbo) im on a completely Stock fuel system and intercooler running 17psi with 20+ deg of timing and NO knock in sight! This stuff is great

PICTURES

http://www.h20injection.com/fo...?t=11

twitch</TD></TR></TABLE>
I am heading over to that forum now, but I wanted to ask - did you put that kit together yourself, or does someone/place sell it?
Old 12-08-2003, 10:31 AM

I did not build the kit! I bought the kit. it is very easy to install! there is a lot of info datalogs ETC on the forum about propane ETC
Old 12-08-2003, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Anyone runnuing PROPANE INJECTION? (SlowTeg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlowTeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Interesting setup.. The "kit" seems to be very simple, not much different than a nitrous kit, except it runs at much lower pressures. Where do you get your "refills" btw, just head to the local hardware store and swap tanks? It definetly seems like an interesting idea, but how do you know how much propane to inject into the motor? Also, would a -4 line flow enough for people that wouldn't want to use the rubber line? Thanks.

-Mike</TD></TR></TABLE>

The system uses a simple needle vavle to adjust propane its very simple. I mean very
Old 12-08-2003, 10:44 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -=TWITCH=- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I did not build the kit! I bought the kit. it is very easy to install! there is a lot of info datalogs ETC on the forum about propane ETC</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm am searching the forum, but I can't seem to find what kit it is and where you got it from.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:49 AM

Now it says the board has no forums. Are you playing with the settings?
Old 12-08-2003, 10:50 AM

You have to register to view the forums!
Old 12-08-2003, 10:57 AM

I am registered. Anyway it came back up, but there is no place that I can find that tells me anything about what kit you have or where to get it. There are 3 forums about PI, with 4 threads - none of which say anything about what kit it is (unless I am missing something). I tried the search feature, and looked at the FAQ in vain.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:02 AM

The kit I have is sold by http://www.importpowernline.com you can find the system here!

http://www.importpoweronline.c....html

i have pics and information about the kit in the forums also!

Chris

Quick Reply: Propane injection?