Notices

Profec A Boost Controller Install questions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Profec A Boost Controller Install questions...

I installed my Profec A. It seems to work fine reading boost or whatever on its digital boost gauge, but it doesnt really seem to be working. My wastegate still opens at the stock setting. There are 3 vaccums going in and out of the controller. 1 is supposed to be vaccum source, one to the charge pipe (not seeing any vaccum i guess) and one to the wastegate. I dont have a fitting in my charge pipe so I just tapped into vaccum, is that a problem or should i put a one way valve in the line so it will only see boost or what? Could that be the problem I am having with it not boosting correctly and the wastegate letting go at the stock setting. Please help if you have any idea.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Profec A Boost Controller Install questions... (Elite Hatch)

The profec a can be tricky sometimes. First of all, you have it set to external wastegate, right. Next, the side port on you wastegate should see manifold pressure. One of the ports should T in with that pressure line. The other big port should go to the top of the wastegate and the little port should go to the manifold. Drill and tap a fitting into your chargepipe as this will work better than manifold pressure, but it should work either way. You also have to program the profec, you have the instructions right? Just double check everything, it's probably something stupid that's hooked up wrong.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Profec A Boost Controller Install questions... (tony1)

Yah, I did all that correctly from what you have stated. The only thing I didnt do is Instead of tapping the source from the vaccum going into the side of the wastegate I tapped it up near the manifold somewhere should I try that. Yeah I have the instructions. Maybe I have a boost leaksome where. Other than sounds how can I tell if I have a boost leak or if my wastegate is opening up