Notices

Profec b spec 1 issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Profec b spec 1 issues

Hi, I'm seem to have some problem with my Profec B spec 1 which is causing boost creep. In the low boost setting the wastegate opens at 6.5 psi but then it creep up to 8.5. In the high boost set up the wastgate opens at 8 psi and then creeps up to 11 psi. Both Dials are turn to the minimum boost level. Before the boost controller install. I was running a 35mm Tial wastegate. I also have 2 springs. 1 red spring- 6.5 psi and 1 green- 8.5 psi. I did not have any issues with this setup.
I have checked the greddy website and comfirmed that all the lines are correctley setup. line 1 comes off the compressor and then into the in on the Greddy selenoid. Line 2 comes off the out on the selenoid and enters the top of the wastegate. line 3 comes off my intake manifold and goes to the bottom of the wastegate. Line 3 comes off the intake manifold and then enters the back of the greddy control unit. All the lines are larger vaccum lines with no kinks, and the source off the intake manifold is extremely good.
Any suggestions?
Old 04-15-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Profec b spec 1 issues (Dirtychb)

bump! someone must know!
Old 04-16-2005, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You have to adjust the dip switches in the back of the controller. search for profec b instructions on google and you'll find a pdf document that shows you the dip switch settings, I can email it to you, just give me your email addy
Old 04-16-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Re: (Boondock Saint)

I've check the dip switch settings and they are correct for and external wastegate and my set up is identical as per the instructions.... is this a possible faulty unit?
Old 04-16-2005, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dirtychb)

Side nipple (on the cast part) should be sourced from the compressor or charge pipe of your setup...

Top Nipple (on the shiney part) should be sourced I believe from the OUT on the stepper motor

The In on the stepper motor should be also sourced from your compressor/charge pipe

The back line from the stepper motor should conenct directly to the Greddy control unit (in cabin)

You've chcked your dip switches, but have you monkeyed around with the 'gain' **** on there??? Set it to half way (gain ****) and turn your boost percent all te way down...

Pull out onto a section of long flat road/higway and punch it in 3rd gear...then at the same time have a friend turn the boost percent **** until the desired boost level is achieved on the boost gauge

What spring is in the was in the wastegate when you did your test run? If you had the 6.5 spring in, and tried to run that exact spring pressure...well it's gonna be tough to hold it...it natrualyl will be a tad more than your spring

However, if you have a 8.5 sprign in...there is no way you'll be able to run the 6.5 ...it's below spring pressure...so it may hold 6.5 for a little before it goes to it's suggested spring pressure

Hope this helps...ask more questions if you need to....
Old 04-16-2005, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dirtychb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I've check the dip switch settings and they are correct for and external wastegate and my set up is identical as per the instructions.... is this a possible faulty unit?</TD></TR></TABLE>

there are two ways to set the dip switches for an external gate, one setting is normal, the other is if you get boost creep.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:44 AM

Default Re: (Boondock Saint)

Thanks for the info guys. I'll play around a bit more tommorrow with the dip switches.

BTW its the red 6.5 psi spring
Old 04-28-2005, 10:10 AM

ok, well with a bit of tinkering everyday. I have the dip switches set to the over boost setting. Also I have moved the vacum source that goes to the bottom of the wastegate from the intake manifold to the compressor. Now the boost is more consistant. It holds at the requested level then in the last 800 rpm it creeps up 1.5 psi. This is a huge improvement from before where it would creep 4-5 psi. I tryed playing with the gain to no avail. Any more suggestion guys?

BTW thanks for all the help!