Notices

problem with my newlly boosted z6.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with my newlly boosted z6.

Small problem.

I barely made it home this morning. Not getting enough air to my radiator and its trying to over heat. Going to cut more of the bumper out and wire my fan to run all the time. will see if that helps.

Also its studering really bad when I give it gas but then it will pick up and be fine. (I'm throwing a code 10 (intake air temp) and 3 (being the map sensor) Also when this happens as I'm giving it gas my AEM wideband is pegging out at 17+ in the red and then when it picks up it goes to around 11-13 in the green. This is with vary little to no boost pressure. I'm still running stock fuel system so as soon as I get my friends crx swapped and out of my garage I'm going to put my in 255lph fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. I'm also getting dsm 450cc injectors next week.

The map was never unhooked and the only thing I did was pu a Y in for the boost gauge. Should I get a missing link and install it?
Old 07-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: problem with my newlly boosted z6. (90crxdriver)

sounds like you have more then a small problem, here is a start:

your map sensor needs it's own vacuum source, don't tee it, or feed another source to it's line.

stock fuel system on a boosted car? i hope you are only boosting very small amounts, if any. thats just a bad idea.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: problem with my newlly boosted z6. (90crxdriver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90crxdriver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Small problem.

I barely made it home this morning. Not getting enough air to my radiator and its trying to over heat. Going to cut more of the bumper out and wire my fan to run all the time. will see if that helps.

Also its studering really bad when I give it gas but then it will pick up and be fine. (I'm throwing a code 10 (intake air temp) and 3 (being the map sensor) Also when this happens as I'm giving it gas my AEM wideband is pegging out at 17+ in the red and then when it picks up it goes to around 11-13 in the green. This is with vary little to no boost pressure. I'm still running stock fuel system so as soon as I get my friends crx swapped and out of my garage I'm going to put my in 255lph fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. I'm also getting dsm 450cc injectors next week.

The map was never unhooked and the only thing I did was pu a Y in for the boost gauge. Should I get a missing link and install it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Fix your CELs first. Not sure why you would be over heating. I ran boost and a stock civic DX half core radiator and even in full boost it was fine and my fan wasn't running all the time.