Notices

problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem

so i found yesterday when i inspect and did a air test that my wastegate(its a tial one)was leaking air from de ''top''hole i have small red spring in so 6 psi and nothing happen until ive reached close to 30 psi on my compressair gauge ....,,the problem was 2 screws that hold the diaphragme was missing and air was able to pass via this holes ,so i screwed the holes and everythimg is good ,,, my settup also have a MBC and this one was settup to pass air to open my wastegate, in fact due to my leaking gate the mbc was adjust just under 30 psi to be able to open my gate so the turbo was overspooling little...(i guess)to reach 18,18,5 psi and ive been TUNNED in this way...the tunner find strange my powercurve but said that my cams was the problem

now ive fixed my gate and when i put 6-8 psi in it the gate open...and ive also adjust the mbc to 12-15 psi,im tunned for 18-18,5 psi.....

sorry for the long storrybut i want to know if it will affect my tunning,,,?????if i boost earlier???(could it be)i know that i have to stay at 18-19 psi

if something you could understand just say it...
Old 06-02-2013, 12:24 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: problem

It won't affect it THAT much because it was tuned from 6psi-18.5psi. Though the gate was leaking a bit, at those boost pressure levels, you're really not going to see much of a problem, as it was tuned for that ENTIRE RANGE. Partial throttle may slightly be affected, but again, its hard to say how much as we're not your tuner.

Worst case scenario is you go back for about an 1hour and have him "touch up" some of the partial throttle areas, ... if necessary.

And no, showing a "Map" won't help.. the tuner has to deal with this, not us.

Good luck.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: problem

Originally Posted by TheShodan
It won't affect it THAT much because it was tuned from 6psi-18.5psi. Though the gate was leaking a bit, at those boost pressure levels, you're really not going to see much of a problem, as it was tuned for that ENTIRE RANGE. Partial throttle may slightly be affected, but again, its hard to say how much as we're not your tuner.

Worst case scenario is you go back for about an 1hour and have him "touch up" some of the partial throttle areas, ... if necessary.

And no, showing a "Map" won't help.. the tuner has to deal with this, not us.

Good luck.
again...thanks master!!! so i will look with my friend at my next ride to see any change in my arf ratio vs my boost....but i set de mbc to 12 psi to be sure i will rise it until 18 psi!!!