Notices

Prelude Greddy Turbo Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prelude Greddy Turbo Upgrade

I have been reading the post on here concerning up grading the 18g on B series Greddy kits. My question is will any of the t25 flanged turboes fit the prelude manifold and would this include a gt25,gt30,gt35??? I guess clearence would be the biggest problem! Any input or experence?? Checking out all my options before i ditch my greddy setup!
Old 03-28-2005, 05:38 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Prelude Greddy Turbo Upgrade (jsprelude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jsprelude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have been reading the post on here concerning up grading the 18g on B series Greddy kits. My question is will any of the t25 flanged turboes fit the prelude manifold and would this include a gt25,gt30,gt35??? I guess clearence would be the biggest problem! Any input or experence?? Checking out all my options before i ditch my greddy setup!</TD></TR></TABLE>

The Greddy manifold and turbos have always had a unique design to them in which a plethora of flange and inlet sizes are being used at that same time. The GT30 and GT35 E and R series typically come in an external setup. The easiest (yet not the cheapest) approach is to rid the manifold and turbo, keep the 90 degree elbow, and start with a new manifold (more than liekly for space issues, a REV-HARD would work fine) and get an external 38mm wastegate. It is POSSIBLE to use the GT28Rs, and other t2 sized inlet flanges, but now you're looking at some mating problems with the exhaust flange meeting w/ your adapter housing to go to the downpipe, not to mention you'd be getting a turbo that wouldn't gain you any more net efficiency w/ that 2.2 litre.