Notices

Precision 1000's "Round Two" (Update)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Precision 1000's "Round Two" (seen4ever)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seen4ever &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no necessary, it depends on the fuel pressure regulator he has and where the gauge is mounted. the Aeromotive regulators will not hold pressure when the car is off, they need vacuum of the car to hold the pressure at idle. My paxton regulator and Aeromotive both dropped like a rock, thsi isn't any issue, its normal for those regulators.</TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry but both of the things you mentioned is not true. Do you know how a regulator works? The reason regulators need vacuum is to reduce the force exerted by the </U> spring</U> on the fuel= less fuel pressure @ guage. As you decrease vacuum the spring tension becomes stronger and no longer returns as much fuel=more fuel pressure @ guage. Have you monitored a fuel guage as you go from idle/ high vacuum to atmospheric/no vacuum the fuel pressure increases
The location of the guage does not matter. You could hook one up at the pump, anywhere on the fuel suply line, or right before injector for cyl #3, pressure will be the same for all locations.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Precision 1000's "Round Two" (Flexmyrex)

I havent read the whole post, but I bet you have a crappy regulator. I have had 2 cars I swore had fuel pump issues, and it turns out it was the regulator. Basically both cars would drop fuel pressure, after about 10 psi, kinda of a reverse 1:1 regulator...
Old 10-26-2006, 06:32 PM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Precision 1000's "Round Two" (seen4ever)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seen4ever &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no necessary, it depends on the fuel pressure regulator he has and where the gauge is mounted. the Aeromotive regulators will not hold pressure when the car is off, they need vacuum of the car to hold the pressure at idle. My paxton regulator and Aeromotive both dropped like a rock, thsi isn't any issue, its normal for those regulators.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll post tomorrow in the morning around 10:30EST-ish with some more light to shed on your point. I'm going to call Aeromotive tomorrow after my morning class (college makes it easy to work on your car in between classes haha). Hopefully they'll be able to tell if this is normal for the regulator or something.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:10 AM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Precision 1000's "Round Two" (AF-P Dunc)

I just got off the phone with Aeromotive. They told me that the pressure dropping immediately is normal for the regulators. They also told me that "as long as fuel is not leaking out of the boost/vaccum port, then the diaphram is intact".

I'll keep posting back when as I eliminate each component as being faulty until I find the problem. Thanks for all the help so far guys!
Old 10-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ive never seen anyone use that particular regulator on a boosted honda, also I'm not sure of its intended use. Try swapping the regulator first.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Precision 1000's "Round Two" (AF-P Dunc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AF-P Dunc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just got off the phone with Aeromotive. They told me that the pressure dropping immediately is normal for the regulators. They also told me that "as long as fuel is not leaking out of the boost/vaccum port, then the diaphram is intact".
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i knew they would say that, as I've seen it on multiple cars with new Aeromotive regulators. Regardless, you need to check the fuel pressure during all parts of driving. You can easily kill a aeromotive regulator, jsut swap yours out with Rick's and try it, then see what the fuel pump is doing.

when my paxton regulator died, pressure was fine at idle at 48, and if i blimped the gas, it cahnged, but only once i had an electric gauge could i see that in boost the ****** was down to 25-30psi of pressure.