Notices

Power FC boost conversion question

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2001, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power FC boost conversion question

I am finally convinced that the boost controls for the Power FC will never hit our shores and I plan to do modify one myself. i want to use the GM 3 bar PN# PBT-GF30 the same on advertised by Hondata but with viewig the pics it dons appear that it will bolt up to the stock map sensor placement onthe throttlbody. It appears that the little part that goes into he throttlebody is off centererd and therefore will not bolt on. Is ther a different sensor that should be used on a 97 LS? I do not know for sure if this will work but I am fairly confident that if you turn on the boost option in the ect. settings that it can be done. If I can find a way to connect the sensor up to the throttlebody in a nice manner i will try it out and use the map tracer to see if it is reading te change correctly. So after all this rambling is here a 3 bar map that wil bolt up to the LS throttlebody?
Old 11-11-2001, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Power FC boost conversion question (boosted3g)

The GM MAP sensor is meant to be connected to a vacuum hose. Just mount it anywhere close to the plenum and run a line to it.

Old 11-11-2001, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Power FC boost conversion question (DirtyLude)

duh! I guess its a little too early in the morning for me. Do you have any idea if the explained idea on the Power FC will work?
Old 11-12-2001, 03:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Power FC boost conversion question (MagicCivic)

I thought that the GM map was 1.6 volts at atmospheric presure. As for the boost post on the FC is it the set of pins that are right beside where the comander plugs in. If it if I wonder why youwould have to use that instead of jsut replacing the map and turning on the bost control. Later today ill have the car idling and use the map tracer to see where on the map it goes. If my assumption is correct it should move further down on the grid. I guess the only way to find out is too try it. It should only cost about 70 bucks for everything to be able to do it so it may be worth a shot. Can you explain the need for a boost seinoid I dont understand why we would need one nor what it would do.
Old 11-19-2001, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Power FC boost conversion question (MagicCivic)

imssuming that when you say boost control port you are referring to the three pins right next to where the commander plugs in. Also if the stock map backs up the 3 bar what will happen to the stock map when boosting over the 11 psi. I have heard that it will break. Also when going under the boost control under th settings menu you can change the pressure to over 1.0 bar. How will that reflect on the grid when the PR column when the boost is over 1.0 bar which is all the way at the bottom of the grid? I am more than willing to be the gunie pig of this experiment but i need to know a few more details of the workings of the FC. Apexi does not like to give any info on it at all. If you want to discuss further this email me at Boosted3g@aol.com or IM me at boosted3g. If this will work it will far better than Hondata could ever do.