Notices

Please tell me this is TRUE !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please tell me this is TRUE !!!

First off-- I have a 91 Integ LS with B18A

OK--

So I'm in the process (75% finished) of building up my Budget Boost set up.. Yeah-- kinda ghetto but I've got hook ups and skills so I'm not stressin..

I have a local guy who makes PIMP tubular manifolds.. I got a ported and clipped 14B from a friend (7mm) and thats the turbo I'm going with. So I was gonna have him make me a mani..

But today I was at my local tuning shop and the owner and I were shooting the breeze and planning the set up.. He said that a long lost friend of his owns a shop in Washington and did a budget set up on a B series motor...

This is what he was told-- that a stock 2G Talon/Eclipse manifold WILL fit on a B series if you do a LITTLE bit of work on it... I believe you need to notch the bolts the horizontal way so it can slide back and forth..

We had a spare 1g manifold at the shop that had cracks so we did a VERY brief test fit (basically held it up to the car) and it looked as though it would be VERY close to fitting.. The best part is that stock manifolds from DSMs have the turbo mounted off to the passenger side and our AC is all on the driver side so I can retain my AC...

So please-- someone tell me this is true !! my manifold guy charges about 300$ for a custom tubular-- but I can buy a BRAND new 2g manifold for about 150$ !!!!!

If this works-- I will have a FULL budget boosted G2 for under 500$ with 440 injectors, 1g BOV, 2g manifold, and all custom pipes !!!

HELP ME !!!! Please please please -- Thanks... Jeff

Stock manifold on a B series with little modification ?

Old 04-14-2003, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Please tell me this is TRUE !!! (Drag_On)

Anyone ?? Somone's gotta know..
Old 04-14-2003, 05:57 PM

it can be made to work, but the runners dont line up right... you can buy a log manifold for your motor for ~$200... but if you can get a tubular manifold (assuming you mean equal length) for $300 that is the way to go...

I wouldnt spend my money on a turbo manifold that may not work right.. you should be able to get a kit together for around $500 even with buying the right manifold if you shop smart and use a small turbo like you are looking at already...
Old 04-14-2003, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Please tell me this is TRUE !!! (Phoenix GSR)

The 1g manifold wont fit at all, I am making a eq length for a 1g dsm and his gasket wont line up at all, i dont know about the 2g, but you can get nice manifold off tinker off this site I mean they are cheap and sick.
Old 04-14-2003, 06:10 PM

What shop in washington? Because the few that come to mind, the owners are not that bright... ...granted they make a lot of money selling crap, but when it comes to doing technical stuff your better off taking your honda to a ford dealership to get worked on.
Old 04-14-2003, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Please tell me this is TRUE !!! (b16ahybrid)

the dsm mani will fit non-vtec f22 heads, look for my post on it about a year ago, I show picks of the manifold I used etc till I sold it a few months ago cause I needed money
Old 04-14-2003, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Please tell me this is TRUE !!! (Therumblingteg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Therumblingteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The 1g manifold wont fit at all, I am making a eq length for a 1g dsm and his gasket wont line up at all, i dont know about the 2g, but you can get nice manifold off tinker off this site I mean they are cheap and sick.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Im thinking of lowering my log-style price to $200 plus shipping. they dont cost me that much to make, and I can get one done in about an hour. IM me for details...