Notices

Please help me identify this turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me identify this turbo

I ordered a T3/T4e from turbo-performance and they sent me this turbo and I have no idea what it is. They told me I have to make it work somehow and they wont take it back. They are the worst company I ever dealt with. I hate them and I would not recommend anyone buying anything from them.

I would never bash a company but I been waiting patiently for a year for this turbo and this what they sent me and they dont want to do anything about it. Thanks in advance
Old 10-14-2004, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Please help me identify this turbo (Turbocivic94)

Did you give specs when you ordered this turbo??

Looks like something for a diesel truck.

I would report them to the Better business bureau if they won't exchange / refund it. But does your receipt says anything like no returns or exchanges on it??

Old 10-14-2004, 12:04 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbocivic94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I been waiting patiently for a year for this turbo and this what they sent me </TD></TR></TABLE>

you mean it took them a year to send you the turbo?? or youve wanted a turbo for a year.. hell i can go down to a performance shop and pick up a turbo tonight after work, **** waiting for a year..
Old 10-14-2004, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbocivic94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ordered a T3/T4e from turbo-performance and they sent me this turbo and I have no idea what it is. They told me I have to make it work somehow and they wont take it back. </TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF?! That is NOT acceptable for any kind of business!

I can't even tell where to start on that turbo? That's the wierdest looking turbine inlet flange I've ever seen! How in the hell do you mount it to a manifold? At least the discharge looks like a Vband though... But I wonder what's the A/R on that thing, looks massive?

Old 10-14-2004, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please help me identify this turbo (Finest)

looks like a damn power stroke turbo, .80/1.05 i think HUGE HUGE HUGE turbo
Old 10-14-2004, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please help me identify this turbo (99blackcivicSi)

Follow this link:https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=376502
Old 10-14-2004, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please help me identify this turbo (JalopySiR)

This is exactly why you dont ordered schwag turbos from random online companies that are selling for mad cheap. If I got a dollar for every shady turbo kits site ive seen i'd be rich
Old 10-14-2004, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please help me identify this turbo (Boltz)

This company sucks big time. I sent them a turbo to have it rebuilt with bigger parts and this what they sent me. After waiting for a year I dont even want to deal with them. I might as well take the loss and try to sell this turbo on ebay or something.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:22 AM

You can't let it go that easily man. Your letting them get off the hook without consequences.

Make your voice heard to that company, hell try the cops. Tell them you got ripped off.

situations like this sucks cause there it's hard to do nothing but harder to do something.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please help me identify this turbo (CRX T-Si)

That's not a T3 flange, so they mis-advertised and are by law -- supposed to either send you the correct turbocharger, or refund you your money. You need to either be harder on them, or have a lawyer give them a call.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please help me identify this turbo (HybridKOOP)

calling them is a waste for time cause gary always picks up the phone and he never knows anything and bob who knows anything is not there most of the time. I been dealing with these people for a year and calling them everyday, somtimes twice a day. I understand what u guys are saying but I just dont have time to go through this **** and I'm already aggrivated as it is. I live in CT and they're shop is in CA. If it was in CT, trust me I would be on their door and they would have to exchange it for me.
If anyone know how I can convert this to T3/T4, please let me know
Old 10-15-2004, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbocivic94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
If anyone know how I can convert this to T3/T4, please let me know</TD></TR></TABLE>

If it is indeed a Garrett based turbo, then you can probably just switch out the turbine housing for a 4 or 5 bolt T3 flanged housing. But it's hard to say what size turbine wheel is on that thing too...

Sell it and get a tried/true turbo. CheapTurbo.com is a reputable vendor on here that sells what you're looking for. At least you know they're in the business for Imports and actually know what they're talking about. Good luck!
Old 10-15-2004, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Double Platinum Member

Default Re: Please help me identify this turbo (Finest)

Damn dude...that really sucks. So you sent them this turbo to get rebuilt...and they send you this crazy looking contraption back? You didnt happen to write down any numbers or anything off the turbo so that you could make sure you got the same one back did you? I did this when i sent my turbo off to get rebuilt with better parts a while back. And sure enough i got my turbo back...and in only 3 days. If you ever need anything done to your turbo again i would HIGHLY suggestic Majestic turbo...they are by far the best place ive EVER dealt with. They would actually take the time and explain the different processes that went into my rebuild.

If i were you i would contact the BBB in the area that this company is in. I dont know if it will help but atleast youll be doing something to try to get your turbo back.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Please help me identify this turbo (sCeRaXn)

Someone in CA needs to help this guy.

Cali needs to represent here yo!!!
Old 10-15-2004, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please help me identify this turbo (CRX T-Si)

That is rediculous that they sent you a turbo that you didn't want and can't use!

Did you buy it online? If there is a picture of the turbo you ordered and it's not the one you got they are legally responsible for it! Absolutely no matter what is written in their "no refunds" clause...

By showing a picture or listing specs, they are creating an express warranty on the item, you have to receive exactly what is shown or they are in breach of the contract and they are legally responsible to make it right...

Don't let it go!

Either have a lawyer call them up (maybe too expensive) or do some homework on contract law and express warranties then call them yourself... I'm sure they don't want a lawsuit and all the publicity that comes with one, it would probably put them out of business....
Old 10-15-2004, 08:37 AM
B*A*N*N*E*D

Default Re: Please help me identify this turbo (99blackcivicSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99blackcivicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks like a damn power stroke turbo, .80/1.05 i think HUGE HUGE HUGE turbo</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree, from the pictures, it looks to be a powerstroke ford turbo.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please help me identify this turbo (CHEAPTURBOdotCOM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CHEAPTURBOdotCOM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i agree, from the pictures, it looks to be a powerstroke ford turbo. </TD></TR></TABLE>

also will agree... I had been working on a few of these lately (we had 2 different 7.3 trucks upgraded heavily, and now they have been recently replaced with a new 6 liter truck).

Modified by twkdCD595 at 12:38 PM 10/15/2004
Old 10-15-2004, 09:31 AM
ludetech

Default Re: Please help me identify this turbo (twkdCD595)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That is rediculous that they sent you a turbo that you didn't want and can't use!

Did you buy it online? If there is a picture of the turbo you ordered and it's not the one you got they are legally responsible for it! Absolutely no matter what is written in their "no refunds" clause...

By showing a picture or listing specs, they are creating an express warranty on the item, you have to receive exactly what is shown or they are in breach of the contract and they are legally responsible to make it right...

Don't let it go!

Either have a lawyer call them up (maybe too expensive) or do some homework on contract law and express warranties then call them yourself... I'm sure they don't want a lawsuit and all the publicity that comes with one, it would probably put them out of business.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Good idea Also good luck with this man, I hope everything works out. I've had to deal with companies like this before and I just scream really loud and things usually seem to fall into place shortly there after. Im sure it will work out if you call the bbb and have them call the company or if you have a freind of yours call and leave a message like this

"Hi my name is ~~~ Im from the law offices of ~~~, I am representing a Mr. ~~~ and he has filed a suit against your business for foul office practices, I would like to speak with the owner of the business if you could give me a call at ~~~ so we do not have to press further action on this matter. Thank you"
Old 10-15-2004, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please help me identify this turbo (ludetech)

I'd drive down their and throw that thing thru their front window or beat them over the head with it
Old 10-15-2004, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Please help me identify this turbo (legendboy)

Thats pretty shady I would definatly try and get my money back. But if you still need a turbo I'll be up in CT thanksgiving time and I'll need to sell mine if i sell my car.