Notices

Philly dyno works?? Evans tuning??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Philly dyno works?? Evans tuning??

I just wanted to know if anyones tuned by them? and if so how good are they?? I'll be runing AEM EMS for sure...Already got it. I wanted to go to evans tuning but I heard he isn't a friendly guy...So im looking around for another tuner without having to travel too far...anyone??

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Philly dyno works?? Evans tuning?? (Hondatuner88)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hondatuner88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just wanted to know if anyones tuned by them? and if so how good are they?? I'll be runing AEM EMS for sure...Already got it. I wanted to go to evans tuning but I heard he isn't a friendly guy...So im looking around for another tuner without having to travel too far...anyone??

Thanks!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha. Trust me, you will not go wrong going with Jeff at Evans tuning.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Philly dyno works?? Evans tuning?? (Blown90hatcH)

Thanks blown90hatch, How about that tuner in your sig? They any good? N where they at??
Old 01-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Jeff Evans all the way.............
Old 01-08-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Re: (thermal)

Jeff Evans
Old 01-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hondatuner88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks blown90hatch, How about that tuner in your sig? They any good? N where they at??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol. That's me. I am located in Middle Ga, but travel all across the US tuning cars for people. I have known Jeff for about five years now and he has always been extremely helpful and knowledgeable on all tuning aspects. Since he is close to you, I would definitely go to him. Call him and setup an appointment.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Philly dyno works?? Evans tuning?? (Blown90hatcH)

Jeff for sure.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Philly dyno works?? Evans tuning?? (a1320addict)

Jeff evans
Old 01-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hondatuner88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just wanted to know if anyones tuned by them? and if so how good are they?? I'll be runing AEM EMS for sure...Already got it. I wanted to go to evans tuning but I heard he isn't a friendly guy...So im looking around for another tuner without having to travel too far...anyone??

Thanks!</TD></TR></TABLE>

how did you hear he isn't a friendly guy? The anmount of stuff he does when dealing with your car, I'd say he is one of the nicest people in the biz.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Philly dyno works?? Evans tuning?? (igo4bmx)

I have heard Jeff is good, but there is a long waiting list. I would suggest the tuner in my link.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go to Jeff
Old 01-08-2007, 12:16 PM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

All of you suggesting Jeff are pointing this guy in the wrong direction. Jeff refuses to tune AEM unless its on a car that is only supported by it. As in, if you have a B-series he will NOT tune your AEM. I was really upset when he told me this but, hey there are others that are just as good if not better.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Philly dyno works?? Evans tuning?? (White Smoke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White Smoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All of you suggesting Jeff are pointing this guy in the wrong direction. Jeff refuses to tune AEM unless its on a car that is only supported by it. As in, if you have a B-series he will NOT tune your AEM. I was really upset when he told me this but, hey there are others that are just as good if not better.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree with him in saying jeff wont tune the AEM for a b/h/f/d series, he even list that on his site. But Jeff is one of the nicest guy that I've ever met in this industry and very knowledgeable, he's the only guy that I've met that tunes for customers on one hand and teaches how to tune in the other, he doesn't feel like if he shares his skills he's losing money.

Here's a link to his site, check out his dyno graphs and look at the forums you'll see what i mean. http://forums.evans-tuning.com/index.php
Old 01-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Philly dyno works?? Evans tuning?? (Desir Performance)

*Evans Tuning will now tune AEM on Hondas. We will make absolutely no guarantees on any ignition misfire issues as a lack of not running a cam trigger pick up or an MSD pro billet distributor

i was at jeff for my neptune tune. he was very nice to me when i asked him a bunch of questions.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:15 PM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Philly dyno works?? Evans tuning?? (komat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by komat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">*Evans Tuning will now tune AEM on Hondas. We will make absolutely no guarantees on any ignition misfire issues as a lack of not running a cam trigger pick up or an MSD pro billet distributor</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's funny because I run a hall effect and COP setup. He told me about a year ago that he would not tune my car. He wanted me to switch to hondata or Neptune. And I am not gonna lie, he was kinda a dick about it but whatever. Sounded to me like he didnt want to spend the extra time tuning AEM as hondata and neptune seem allot easier to tune and I'm sure he has access to more of there maps to use as a starting point. The entire reason I went with AEM is for the coil drivers.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Jeff can and will tune AEM on Hondas given you are running an MSD Pro billet distributor or some kind of a hall effect pickup (like the T1 cam trigger). Jeff tuned AEM in the past on other cars, had bad experiences with the hardware when the system was relatively new and has done a ton of AEM tuning since then. The hardware has definitely improved, which is why he will now tune it on Hondas.

To the original poster...if you are in Alburtis, you are about 30-45 minutes away from us (depending on traffic). If you are interested in setting something up, send me an email at: andrea@evans-tuning.com. If you want to speak with Jeff directly and ask any specific questions regarding your setup or tuning, send an email to him at: info@evans-tuning.com.

Thanks to everyone else for the support.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White Smoke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's funny because I run a hall effect and COP setup. He told me about a year ago that he would not tune my car. He wanted me to switch to hondata or Neptune. And I am not gonna lie, he was kinda a dick about it but whatever. Sounded to me like he didnt want to spend the extra time tuning AEM as hondata and neptune seem allot easier to tune and I'm sure he has access to more of there maps to use as a starting point. The entire reason I went with AEM is for the coil drivers. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Jeff starts with a new map on every single car regardless of what EMS he is using. He can tune AEM about just as fast as he can tune Hondata, NepTune, Power FC, etc. A year ago, Jeff wasn't tuning AEM on Civics/Integras, so when you asked that's why he said no. Recently he's tuned a lot of NSXs, s2000s, SRT-4s, and Supras with AEM and has had excellent results and excellent support from AEM whenever there were hardware issues, which is what the issue was when you were looking for tuning about a year ago.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Philly dyno works?? Evans tuning?? (Andrea)

Ok , most people are going to say go to Jeff even tho they have never been tuned by him. That is not a problem he is a very good at what he does great even.
Reliable tunes ,good numbers, etc .. He has shown time and time again that he knows his ****. With many customers backing him and his tunes .

Philly Dyno Works is for those of you who dont know a dyno shop in Philly right off of I-95. They have a Dynojet AWD dyno, and tune most engine management systems. I have had many dealings with Philly Dyno Works ( Eric , Richie, Mark ) and have nothing but great things to say about their ability to completely make you the customer happy. Now because of the overwhelming backing of Jeff, if this thread had a poll im sure it would show that 90% + would say go to Jeff .

If you want to wait and pay to be tuned by Jeff that is a very good choice.
But , Philly Dyno Works has proven to me as well as others that they know how to make you happy and keep you happy with there reliable tunes, great staff , and the know how to help you when you pick up the phone and call them, when you need help the most .

Good Luck on your decision
Andy
Old 01-08-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Philly dyno works?? Evans tuning?? (50SaysHeEatsIt)

I had my ls/vtec tuned at philly dyno works and made 296hp @7000RPMS on 10PSI. Needless to say i was very happy with the tune and the tuner(richie and mark) they are good guys up there great customer service and i would recommend them to whomever is in the area that doesnt wanna wait along time to get a tune.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Philly dyno works?? Evans tuning?? (Andrea)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Andrea &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Jeff can and will tune AEM on Hondas given you are running an MSD Pro billet distributor or some kind of a hall effect pickup (like the T1 cam trigger). Jeff tuned AEM in the past on other cars, had bad experiences with the hardware when the system was relatively new and has done a ton of AEM tuning since then. The hardware has definitely improved, which is why he will now tune it on Hondas.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Does this mean he will tune H22s, I dont think the MSD Distributor will on work on the H series though?.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Philly dyno works?? Evans tuning?? (elusive123)

philly dyno tuned my car for 250 bucks...

440hp on pumpgas @ 18psi

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1549069

ive never had anything done by Jeff Evans, but i have met him and he is a great guy. wasnt a dick to me.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:39 PM
E-thug

Default Re: Philly dyno works?? Evans tuning?? (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go to Jeff </TD></TR></TABLE>make the trip and send it to t1. i can verify he is a dick though!
Old 01-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Philly dyno works?? Evans tuning?? (boostismycrack)

All the good guys are dicks.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:53 PM
E-thug

seems so, but you are king dick. does that mean you are the best?
Old 01-08-2007, 05:53 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All the good guys are dicks. </TD></TR></TABLE>
LOL
Old 01-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good guys are dicks, maybe out there!!!

Quick Reply: Philly dyno works?? Evans tuning??