Notices

passion of the build

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 10:25 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default passion of the build

hey guys, i just wanted to express a bit, and this thread shares the same dedacation i do. A month ago i bought a storage space so i could work on my car. It's 10x25 at 140 a month, i make 350 a week. Has anyone else just said **** it and just go all out, time is not an issue, i don't care if it takes a year, 2 years, i will have the best of everything. I just love to turn the wrench, touch my car, do anything i can. Today was the end of the first month of ripping my car apart. I shaved over 280lbs of weight, learnt so much, ordered new bolts/nuts paid a sad level of attentiob to every bolt, and cleaned the living hell out of my engine bay/interior/underbody. I removed all the tar on the fender walls, interior, underbody, firewall mat gone, dash board cut, fuel tank and trunk cut, flat sheet metal laid down (going to weld in).

I only make 350 a week, you think i can get help anywhere ?
i mean, i'm not saying that i'm above/below anyone, or have more dedcation to my project, but how can i go about getting help. I have blisted hands, bloody knuckles, i work so much, and try so hard. Basicly.. im just asking for help.

Is it only the rich guys with the already worked cars that get sponsered, or do companys reach out and help the kid that works 20 hours over time and still has time to spend 6-7 hours a day toying his car.

What should i do ?
Old 05-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: passion of the build (DewMota)

ive owned my 98 gsr for almost 2 years now . when i bought the car it had NOTHING on it , looked like the first step on a assembly line . on this project i took my time . exterior is completely done , interior is completely done , and most import the motor is fully built . i just started putting together my turbo kit . i got ahold of a nice big ball bearing turbo the other day so now im motivated to hurry up and finish this project .

as far as sponsership goes....what do you have to offer to a potential sponser ? what can YOU do for them ? the reason the rich guys have the sponser is because they have thier cars out there performing .
Old 05-29-2004, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: passion of the build (DewMota)

It doesn't take much money if you're willing to do your own work... but learning, and sourcing affordable parts/methods, and maintainence means it can take a while.
Old 05-29-2004, 02:05 PM

Default Re: passion of the build (J. Davis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J. Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It doesn't take much money if you're willing to do your own work... but learning, and sourcing affordable parts/methods, and maintainence means it can take a while. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well said.