Notices

Parts Opinion & Feedback :Walbro 525LPH Hellcat

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts
Default Re: Parts Opinion & Feedback :Walbro 525LPH Hellcat

This guy is going to run a DW400 when I upgrade the supercharger on the Blackbird... it will provide all of the flow that I need to make 650 to 700 wheel HP, it is a newer technology vane design, and the quality is second to none within this pump field.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 286 Likes on 245 Posts

Although I can't start my car at the moment, i can still get the pump to prime. Lol! However, install is completed.

Test fit on the hanger. It fit pretty snug to say the least. The hose portion turned out needing trimmed essentially to make basically a coupler. Lol!

Stock hanger connector. Hmmm. This may not work the way i wanted..

Pump wires. Nope.. Not gonna work with that stock pigtail..

Some male spade connectors fixed the little dilemma. Soldered and shrink wrapped, of course.

Aahh, that's better! Fit nice and snug on the hanger and ready to go for a swim..

I was able to prime it just fine with my secondary relay trick; it primed perfectly. Not as loud as I expected, fortunately.

Now I should get this main relay installed around this weekend and **hope** that is the issue and not my ECU and she'll be on the road again.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:43 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Nice Photos & write-up. Keep up the good documentation!!
Old 06-05-2019, 07:42 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Txdragon
Although I can't start my car at the moment, i can still get the pump to prime. Lol! However, install is completed.

Test fit on the hanger. It fit pretty snug to say the least. The hose portion turned out needing trimmed essentially to make basically a coupler. Lol!

Stock hanger connector. Hmmm. This may not work the way i wanted..

Pump wires. Nope.. Not gonna work with that stock pigtail..

Some male spade connectors fixed the little dilemma. Soldered and shrink wrapped, of course.

Aahh, that's better! Fit nice and snug on the hanger and ready to go for a swim..

I was able to prime it just fine with my secondary relay trick; it primed perfectly. Not as loud as I expected, fortunately.

Now I should get this main relay installed around this weekend and **hope** that is the issue and not my ECU and she'll be on the road again.
nice! i cut mine because i couldnt depin the harness for some odd reason iirc. i havent driven my vehicle since the install since i needed a FPR but now i have that but im also changing my feed line with a new -6 line im installing this weekend. ill keep this topic posted as well so it can help others in the future.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts

Txdragon, it is good to see you using a stock style angled sock... so many people use the wrong ones with this pump and they aerate often... especially at lower fuel levels. FYI, if you have an OE sock, use it. They are the very best available because of the plastic frame inside them helping to keep them from collapsing under load. I have never seen an aftermarket OE style fuel sock that has a similar frame inside and they suck flat... limiting fuel volume.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Nice Photos & write-up. Keep up the good documentation!!
Thanks! I've definitely tried to document everything; and I mean EVERYTHING, especially with pics. That was my largest frustration when I started the first build last year; old info and no pictures when I searched something.

Originally Posted by justYncredible
nice! i cut mine because i couldnt depin the harness for some odd reason iirc. i havent driven my vehicle since the install since i needed a FPR but now i have that but im also changing my feed line with a new -6 line im installing this weekend. ill keep this topic posted as well so it can help others in the future.
Yeah I looked at changing the connector on the hanger itself but decided against that particularly because it was not only easier just to modify the pump wires instead, I had more room for error there than with anything on the hanger.. Lol! Closest junkyard to me is 2.5 hours away should I have busted that hanger..

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
Txdragon, it is good to see you using a stock style angled sock... so many people use the wrong ones with this pump and they aerate often... especially at lower fuel levels. FYI, if you have an OE sock, use it. They are the very best available because of the plastic frame inside them helping to keep them from collapsing under load. I have never seen an aftermarket OE style fuel sock that has a similar frame inside and they suck flat... limiting fuel volume.
The sock is OE. I used my original for the very reason you mentioned - compared to the one that came with the 255 that I had, it looked superior in every way. Lol!
Old 06-06-2019, 04:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JRCivic1

THIS, so much this. I never understood why the dinky one would be used. I would rather use the "old" stock sock, all day!

OP, nice write up! Looking forward to further feedback on this thing!
Old 06-06-2019, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by maxwellmercer
I never understood why the dinky one would be used. I would rather use the "old" stock sock, all day!

OP, nice write up! Looking forward to further feedback on this thing!
Thanks! As for the stock strainer, I vaguely remember it coming off the stock pump by accident. It wasn't just as easy as 1,2,3 but, i don't remember it being a major surgical procedure to remove either. For anyone looking upon this thread in future searches, for the love of all things holy, remove and use the stock strainer if you are able to do so. Lol! If not for reliability alone, than do it to save 25+ dollars on that joke of an installation kit..
Old 06-10-2019, 05:41 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

ive noticed we both have the same style of fuel pumper hanger. which fitting are you going to use assuming youre going to use a new feed line but i dont like how mine sits up so high. going to need something different maybe a banjo fitting or does anyone here have a better suggestion?

e? i have
Old 06-11-2019, 03:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by justYncredible
ive noticed we both have the same style of fuel pumper hanger. which fitting are you going to use assuming youre going to use a new feed line but i dont like how mine sits up so high. going to need something different maybe a banjo fitting or does anyone here have a better suggestion?

e? i have
I would probably use the stock banjo fitting and start with that. I kept that portion stock though. The lines in the bay were changed; did the -6AN off the hard lines.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Russell part # 640913 is a banjo fitting made specifically for this scenario. It will clean things up big time!
Old 06-12-2019, 05:56 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

Originally Posted by maxwellmercer
Russell part # 640913 is a banjo fitting made specifically for this scenario. It will clean things up big time!
i have that part coming in the mail but from autobahn88. while i was looking i couldnt find the russell brand but this should be good.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:58 PM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

Originally Posted by Txdragon
I would probably use the stock banjo fitting and start with that. I kept that portion stock though. The lines in the bay were changed; did the -6AN off the hard lines.
i was going to do the same but i had to use a few fittings to make it work for my setup.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed this pump.

I had a walbro 450 and pump started to lose fuel pressure around 28psi and made 607whp in a superflow dyno..(e85)

I am hoping I can get a target of 33-35psi and make about 650whp with just the switch of the pump. Don't plan on going external/dual pumps.

Ill update you guys once I get on the dyno again..!!
Old 07-02-2019, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by yaaj1320
I just installed this pump.

I had a walbro 450 and pump started to lose fuel pressure around 28psi and made 607whp in a superflow dyno..(e85)

I am hoping I can get a target of 33-35psi and make about 650whp with just the switch of the pump. Don't plan on going external/dual pumps.

Ill update you guys once I get on the dyno again..!!
I'm running it on stock pressure; 43psi at idle, and not dyno tuned just yet but street tuned on 3rd gear pull at WOT, 21psi AFR is 11.43 @ 51% duty cycle on 750cc - 6800rpm on D16Z6 GTW3476 snail.. I'm LOVING this pump so far!
The following users liked this post:
Old 05-26-2020, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn....A year already and still haven't been back on the dyno on this pump to see if there is a difference or not. Been having problems with wiring harness but all fixed now due to the new rywire harness....Now the trans went out on me and had to replace that.....I dont know if I wanna go back to the dyno now with more power since the stock gears cant even hold with the power it has now.
The following users liked this post:
Old 05-26-2020, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by yaaj1320
Damn....A year already and still haven't been back on the dyno on this pump to see if there is a difference or not. Been having problems with wiring harness but all fixed now due to the new rywire harness....Now the trans went out on me and had to replace that.....I dont know if I wanna go back to the dyno now with more power since the stock gears cant even hold with the power it has now.
Bummer! I have recently switched from pump 93 to E85. Same fuel system setup. Car is doing very well. I bumped up my base pressure to 50psi since I'm only running 750cc injectors though. No dyno yet but previously, I was tapdancing on 400whp/360ish torque with 93 pump and a single stage water/methanol injection; 70% methanol/30% water. Had to dial it back due to clutch slippage up top.
Anywho.. Still a fantastic fuel pump to this very day!