Notices

OT: Garage floor paint/covering?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OT: Garage floor paint/covering?

My shop will be done in the next couple weeks, and its time to search for a good floor paint or covering thatll allow easy mess cleanup, and that WONT, WILL NOT come off....
Any recommendations??? TIA
Old 08-21-2003, 03:58 PM
saso

Default Re: OT: Garage floor paint/covering? (Tinker219)

There is epoxy paint. Search garage paint or garage floor on yahoo.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend and I used the Rustoleum ultimate garage floor paint for our workspace. Worked great for the first few months with all kinda oil, MTF, brake cleaner, pressure washing, etc. and didn't peel off. It has started to peel in some places now and tends to stick to really sticky tires. My bfg drag radials will peel the paint right off in some areas. But it looks really good and clean up is easy, just wipe off or spray it down. What ever paint you use, make sure you prep and clean the surface really well.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: Garage floor paint/covering? (boostaholic)

home depot has a floor coverin paint specifically for this./ its grey in color, liquid resistant. just let them know what you need, they have it in stock.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: Garage floor paint/covering? (jz)

http://www.ucoatit.com/

iv used the home depot stuff... to be completely honest... it sucks and isnt worth the money... now we have some marine enamel on our floor and it holds up pretty damn good... nothing can beat the u coat it stuff though imo... alot of money for it... i would only do it if i owned my own building
Old 08-21-2003, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: Garage floor paint/covering? (ek9t)

Tinker, I'll try to get some pics of my garage floor for you. I used gray epoxy paint from Lowe's. The trick though is to acid etch the floor before you start with muriatic acid. I started with a new concrete surface so that made it a little easier. Cover the whole floor with it, let it stop steaming(chemical reaction) and wash it out with water, allow the water to dry and then put down two coats of the paint. It's a two part mix and sets up fairly fast so don't **** around doing it. Mine takes everything from coolant, hot oil, hot tires, etc.. and has never offered to move. Good stuff, but if you forget to etch the floor first it isn't worth ****.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: Garage floor paint/covering? (Jared)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Tinker, I'll try to get some pics of my garage floor for you. I used gray epoxy paint from Lowe's. The trick though is to acid etch the floor before you start with muriatic acid. I started with a new concrete surface so that made it a little easier. Cover the whole floor with it, let it stop steaming(chemical reaction) and wash it out with water, allow the water to dry and then put down two coats of the paint. It's a two part mix and sets up fairly fast so don't **** around doing it. Mine takes everything from coolant, hot oil, hot tires, etc.. and has never offered to move. Good stuff, but if you forget to etch the floor first it isn't worth ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Ive got a nice 32X56 floor too, so Im gonna need an *** load The Ucoatit stuff is what I think I was looking for, but what you mention Jared sounds like a nice alternative. Has anyone used the Ucoatit stuff?
Old 08-22-2003, 04:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OT: Garage floor paint/covering? (Jared)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Tinker, I'll try to get some pics of my garage floor for you. I used gray epoxy paint from Lowe's. The trick though is to acid etch the floor before you start with muriatic acid. I started with a new concrete surface so that made it a little easier. Cover the whole floor with it, let it stop steaming(chemical reaction) and wash it out with water, allow the water to dry and then put down two coats of the paint. It's a two part mix and sets up fairly fast so don't **** around doing it. Mine takes everything from coolant, hot oil, hot tires, etc.. and has never offered to move. Good stuff, but if you forget to etch the floor first it isn't worth ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Same stuff my buddy used and this stuff won't come off. I think this is what you need.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damn...I better sell a few more manifolds...
From Ucoatit.com...
$1539-$1627, depending on the color. Im thinking of RED
Old 08-22-2003, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont have a Lowes anywhere near me, just Home Depot...
Old 08-22-2003, 04:30 AM

http://www.epoxyproducts.com/floorcoatings4u.html