Notices

Opinons on Uberdata

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinons on Uberdata

What are your opinons on uberdata? Thinking of going with this any info will help.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Opinons on Uberdata (B16AHondaSi)

Only use it if you are a DIY kind of guy. If not, get hondata or something else. It is a good product when put into the right hands. Consult the search button and 36 page thread for more information

thanks

the mgmt
Old 12-03-2003, 12:35 PM
Banned

Default Re: Opinons on Uberdata (94goldjungsr)

i like it
Old 12-03-2003, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like it, and for the price you cant beat it. Its great that this stuff is out there.

Rob
Old 12-03-2003, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i like it ... it is now scritable which is very easy if you understand everything.. its easy to add functions to do things
Old 12-03-2003, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

has anyone made over 300hp with it?

*edit*

facts ONLY, no wishing thinking or dreaming. has anyone made over 300hp?
Old 12-03-2003, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Opinons on Uberdata (Killer_B)

I will be as soon as I make it to the dyno..
Old 12-03-2003, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Killer_B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">has anyone made over 300hp with it? </TD></TR></TABLE>
Thats my goa but as of now, I have not. Im not sure if someone has, but I am sure that someone has made that much or more on a rom editor.

Rob
Old 12-03-2003, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Opinons on Uberdata (rjardy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rjardy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Im not sure if someone has, but I am sure that someone has made that much or more on a rom editor.

Rob</TD></TR></TABLE>

isn't hondata a rom editor?
Old 12-03-2003, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

crome is alot better than uberdata imo!

I have used both and hondata and it is all the same ****!!!
Old 12-03-2003, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Opinons on Uberdata (DRAGLS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DRAGLS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

isn't hondata a rom editor?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, thats what i am getting at, I just didnt want to say "someone has made more than 300 on uberdata" there is allot of rom editors out there and allot of people using them. crome, turbo edit, ghettodyne, uberdata. I just meant that some one has made more power than 300 on this/a rom editor.

Rob
Old 12-03-2003, 02:32 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Killer_B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">has anyone made over 300hp with it?

*edit*

facts ONLY, no wishing thinking or dreaming. has anyone made over 300hp? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have made 273hp on a semi-built(stock sleeves) b18a with only a t3 on a mustang dyno using uberdata with 3bar option and 780 injectors. On a dynojet that should pull at least 300. The car made 180hp and 155tq at 6 psi with a flat 11.5 a/f. We made a few quick pulls around 10 psi just to make sure a/f was safe and the car was making 230ish. The 273 was over 15psi and the small *** t3 seemed to be out of steam and quit making power. We did not get the tq on the last power pull because it blew a charge pipe and it needed to complete the pull to make the tq calculation, it might have made more power since it was climbing till the pipe blew at 6.5k(where it made 273) but it was time to leave so we did not get to make another pull. Once the motor gets a new precision turbo its going back to the dyno to hopefully break into the 400hp club.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Opinons on Uberdata (omahaturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by omahaturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have made 273hp on a semi-built(stock sleeves) b18a with only a t3 on a mustang dyno using uberdata with 3bar option and 780 injectors. On a dynojet that should pull at least 300. The car made 180hp and 155tq at 6 psi with a flat 11.5 a/f. We made a few quick pulls around 10 psi just to make sure a/f was safe and the car was making 230ish. The 273 was over 15psi and the small *** t3 seemed to be out of steam and quit making power. We did not get the tq on the last power pull because it blew a charge pipe and it needed to complete the pull to make the tq calculation, it might have made more power since it was climbing till the pipe blew at 6.5k(where it made 273) but it was time to leave so we did not get to make another pull. Once the motor gets a new precision turbo its going back to the dyno to hopefully break into the 400hp club.</TD></TR></TABLE>

273 is not 300.

my point is that i have not seen too many ppl with high HP cars with these DYI ems. besides, i'm not ready to start tuning my own car yet. it seems like Uberteg is good but it's not for *me*.

to each, his own.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:58 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Killer_B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

273 is not 300.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Big deal its gonna be damn close,
Dyno numbers are relative to the dyno, 273 very well may be 300 on another dyno. If you really worried about the number you can take a car with exactly 300hp on a dynojet and stick it on the mustang we used and ill bet money this car will make more power.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Killer_B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

273 is not 300.

my point is that i have not seen too many ppl with high HP cars with these DYI ems. besides, i'm not ready to start tuning my own car yet. it seems like Uberteg is good but it's not for *me*.

to each, his own. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why in the hell are you so indignent? Shut your mouth and open your ears. 273 on a mustang dyno is easy 300 on a dynojet. Educate yourself on this program and rom editors in general and you will understand how it works in comparison to others (hondata). If you actaully had a grasp on what is going on with the DIY crowd and what the program is capable of, your question would not have been asked. And just for the record, I would not have flamed you if you would not make uneducated remarks.

edit: Hondata started from 2 guys screwing around with the DIY stuff...
Robert
Old 12-03-2003, 03:05 PM

my point is that i have not seen too many ppl with high HP cars with these DYI ems. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree there are not many but its more because the typical DIYer does not have a setup capable of making big power, not that the ems cant handle it. This car was not built on a DIY budget, in fact im sure he would have bought hondata if I said he had too but I could not justify him spending all that extra money when a DIYer like me can hook him up .

Modified by omahaturbocivic at 6:16 PM 12/3/2003
Old 12-03-2003, 03:12 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

ive been hearing alot about this...thanks for the info
Old 12-03-2003, 03:58 PM
Good, Bad…I'm the one with the gun

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

273 is not 300.

to each, his own. </TD></TR></TABLE>
You are absolutely right...
this is what you are really looking for.
have a nice day
stan
Old 12-03-2003, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Opinons on Uberdata (90crxsi)

I feel bad for some people
Old 12-03-2003, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hondata is the rom editor for rich stupid people, or rich lazy people, or is it for rich people who dont want to learn? I dont get it. This stuff is out there, its free......

Rob
Old 12-03-2003, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rjardy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why in the hell are you so indignent? Shut your mouth and open your ears. 273 on a mustang dyno is easy 300 on a dynojet. Educate yourself on this program and rom editors in general and you will understand how it works in comparison to others (hondata). If you actaully had a grasp on what is going on with the DIY crowd and what the program is capable of, your question would not have been asked. And just for the record, I would not have flamed you if you would not make uneducated remarks.

edit: Hondata started from 2 guys screwing around with the DIY stuff...
Robert</TD></TR></TABLE>

spell it correctly, Indignant.

Indignant = resentful, up in arms, incensed, resentful.

i am none of the above. i'm just not a SHEEP like most HT ppl. i make my own decisions, choices and i DON'T follow the crowd. you seem so ignorant the way you came off.

if you would have read my post i stated:
"Uberteg is good but it's not for *me*.

to each, his own."

i'm stating my opinion.

as for me having a Hondata. i don't trust myself to tune my car becuz of my lack of experience with tuning, which is NONE. i spent a decent amount of money building my motor and i rather let an experienced tuner tune my car with a well known ems. i can't afford to blow this motor trying to tune it myself and i don't have the time it takes to learn how to tune and make a lot of power. i rather pay a tuner, make power and race my car.

if i had an expendable STOCK motor then i would try to tune it myself.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Opinons on Uberdata (omahaturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by omahaturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the typical DIYer does not have a setup capable of making big power</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm far from rich but i rather get it tuned as safe as possible on a budget. i had a V-AFC but since it does not control timing i got rid of it and got a Hondata.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:31 PM
Good, Bad…I'm the one with the gun

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if a tuner is incapable or reluctant to tune or learn how to tune with a standard ROM editor, where the principals are EXACTLY the same across the board, one should not use that tuner. i take blundar's ROM over AFC hack.
stan
Old 12-03-2003, 05:40 PM
TurboJesse

i'm far from rich but i rather get it tuned as safe as possible on a budget. i had a V-AFC but since it does not control timing i got rid of it and got a Hondata.</TD></TR></TABLE>

not rich and from westchester? didn't think that was possible
Old 12-03-2003, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 90crxsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if a tuner is incapable or reluctant to tune or learn how to tune with a standard ROM editor, where the principals are EXACTLY the same across the board, one should not use that tuner. i take blundar's ROM over AFC hack.
stan</TD></TR></TABLE>

i want to make power.

i will not take my car to a tuner that is *just* starting to learn the ems that i'm using. i bought the ems that my tuner has a lot of experience with....Hondata. your argument is weak.

if i could afford a 7 Gen DFI then i would have gotten that becuz Turbo People is 15mins from my house. i bought the next best thing (for the price) which is Hondata.

Quick Reply: Opinons on Uberdata