Notices

opinion on water / meth injection

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinion on water / meth injection

I have been reading about water / meth injection, and it doesn't seem like there are any disadvantages, but has anyone use it on a boosted honda? i just want your opinion on it.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: opinion on water / meth injection (untuned)

I'm not big on the water injection. If you can make it work for cheap obviously it's going to have some benefits. I'm big on the alcohol/propane injection Alcohol raises your octane rating and lowers cylinder temperatures. The only two problems I see is equal distribution to the cylinders and the fact that alcohol is abrasive. We have DSM guys here pushing 500+ at the wheels on pump gas(93) and alcohol with no worries. When turbosi03/Dustin came to visit he got to see this first hand
Old 04-03-2005, 10:13 AM

Default Re: opinion on water / meth injection (0x64)

CFT built a turbo kit for a mustang that had meth injection, on pump gas it made 650 RWHP at 15 psi before he started to see knock, with methanol spraying it made 950 RWHP and 1000+ RWTQ, shutting it down at 5500 because they were going to overload the dyno. It's badass, but I don't really see the point for a honda where 400-450 WHP is more than enough for the street, and at the track i'd just pour in race gas.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: opinion on water / meth injection (turboEGhatch)

If the car is tuned to need meth, what happens when the bottle runs out can't be good.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: opinion on water / meth injection (beepy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by beepy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If the car is tuned to need meth, what happens when the bottle runs out can't be good.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Injection isn't on 100% of the time. It starts injecting a couple different ways. Commonly it's injected at a specific boost pressure and above. It's the same with running out of gas. I have never let any of my cars run out of gas Not to mention most injection kits come with early warning systems.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: opinion on water / meth injection (0x64)

I got the JR kit for really cheap.I just got my car tuned w/o it and was wondering if I needed a retune to add the kit and have it run right.Will it affect the AFR's very much or what, sorry for the jack.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: opinion on water / meth injection (93supercoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got the JR kit for really cheap.I just got my car tuned w/o it and was wondering if I needed a retune to add the kit and have it run right.Will it affect the AFR's very much or what, sorry for the jack.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, if you don't tune your car for the meth it will run like **** and you won't see any gains from it. Methanol is a FUEL, it's like adding another injector to your car. You're going to have to dial back the fuel, and crank up the timing and boost.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What's this JR kit? (Jackson Racing?) I don't see a alcohol injection kit on their site. I read a little bit into this, it seems like a good idea. Also, some people use windshield wiper fluid for it. Does the brand matters?
Old 04-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (diulay_pkjai)

this is to my understanding........ the water in the mixture cools the charged air... the alcohol people put in is for makeing sure the watter doesn;t freez at the high pressure ( think about draining a air compressor ... the water freezes from the figh pressure) I guess it may give some fuel properties too. People use the windshield wiper flud cuz it is mainly just alcohol and water.... BUT it has detergents in it taht may clog stuff up. I put a kit otgeather cost me like $320 but it looks very promising. the first time is always expensive.... afterwards u learn where sertain things were not needed.... maybe if i make anohter one for someone else or myself it may cost a little less.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:28 PM

I have the kit from snowperformance boost cooler havent installed yet, but as soon as I do I will let you guys know how it goes