Notices

open build

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 09:35 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default open build

i have a 1997 honda civic with a d16y7 engine, everything on it is almost brand new. im new to this, considering this honda is my first car. my question is what is the first step and what parts do i have to get for a forced induction turbo build? i work 30 minutes away and i want it to be my daily driver. cost isnt an issue but i do want to be logical, best price for performance. i live in colorado, but i dont know the laws here. quite frankly i dont care about the laws as long as people are safe and my car isnt a danger to anyone, but i do need it street legal. my goal is to smoke suburus on the streets. so have fun but resonable, leave some suggestions! where to start, what i need, and what build i should do? if your suggestion is logical ill do it, and ill name my car after whoever helps build it the most. have fun! thanks!
Old 07-04-2016, 09:42 AM
Trial User

Default Re: open build

*addition* im open to engine swaps i was looking at a b18c motor
Old 07-05-2016, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

We have an abundant source of information on these questions in the FAQs at the top of the forced induction forum. It's going to take some reading and perhaps a bit of google searching, and afterwards you should have just about all of that answered. Feel free to ask us more if you have a hard time understanding something you've read, or if you have a more specific question in general.

Good luck ��
Old 07-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so its settled you need to name your car geis now
Old 07-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Trial User

this is more of a comunity build but ill look into it haha and a green civic named geis, maybe! my goal is to take the opinions of the comunity and implement it to the car, my plan is to race it at the tracks near my house.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:35 AM
Trial User

im also new to this site.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am going to redirect you to my first comment, as you stating that this is a 'community build' is no excuse for not familiarizing yourself and taking the time to research the different caveats of turbo-ing your vehicle.

We frequently have new people come and ask for us to figure it all out for them, or ask questions that have been answered thousands of times (literally). We have all put in our own time and effort to use the resources available to study and learn for ourselves how much of this works, and use the forum to share and get help on the odds and ends we may have issues with; we do not however, expect others to completely school us on every little detail and the basics when they are literally a click away. Now please, show some respect and do the same, and don't reply back with 'I just wanted you guys to be able to vote on all the different parts and I would take the winners etc etc etc..'

Also, I would advise against naming the car geis, as it is in a way translated to 'curse'. Pretty bad omen imo for adding performance parts to an economy car.