Notices

ONE-FAB...........

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ONE-FAB...........

On June 2, 2005 I ordered and wa charged for a top mount manifold. I was told it was going to take 3 weeks to receive. A month after ordering i began to ask amny questions. I was told he had to make them in the order that they were ordered. About a week later he told me it was shipped and priveded me with a tracking number that never worked. At this time he began toanswer my calls less and less. Also he began to reply to my pms less and less. Eventually he told me that he shipped 5 packages at the same time nd they all got stopped by dhl for security reasons. Since then he has not answered my calls and only responded through pms. Last wednesday he finally answered my call and told me that dhle called him and told him the my package and one other was at another dhle location about an hour south of him. He told me he was going to pick it up and send it out 2-day mail thursday morning. Since then i have not been able to contact him at all and i still have no mani. I have also seen posts on H-T of people receiving their mani that have placed the order after me. Have other people had problems with one-fab or what?

Old 09-08-2005, 01:53 PM

sorry to see this happening to you james. someone help this guy out or a trip to texas has to be soon.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: ONE-FAB........... (pK1spooled)

Did you order directly from them? or through boostfed or someone else? Boostfed seems to talk to them often so you might try him. I hope you get this resolved.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: (black sohc civic)

As a fellow fabricator/manifold manufacturer somtimes alot of unexpected things can come up when making things.
I have never heard anything bad/negitive about One-Fab at all, I am sure he isn't trying to hide behind anything and you'll get your order. I know waiting sucks
Old 09-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hulkhb)

I have personaly read alot of things about One-Fab and have never read anything negative about him, so I'm sure he will answer your post as soon as he see's this.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: (dragline)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dragline &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have personaly read alot of things about One-Fab and have never read anything negative about him, so I'm sure he will answer your post as soon as he see's this.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I got my 3inch downpipe with no problems. Matt help me out and even sent me pictures of the dp he was sending.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: (dragline)

Hes gotten plenty of Im's from me, He knows exactly Whats going on.
Unfortunaltly I spend My day around loud grinders and behind a Welders mask.
I often Miss Calls
His Order has been finished up for a good two weeks now, I was out of Town last week and wasnt able to do much at all. The package was initially shipped Two weeks ago with about 5 other packages, one of which was going to hawaii and Was grounded due to their policies on the way I shipped that package. If needed im sure i can get that customer to vouch for the incident.
I attempted to send the package out another time but was unable to being out of town. He has all information on the package being reshipped.
Ive appologized for the Delay and he will have his Order soon enough.

Old 09-08-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: (This One)

straight from the man himself

your dp is still kickin *** on my car
Old 09-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (This One)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by This One &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hes gotten plenty of Im's from me, He knows exactly Whats going on.
Unfortunaltly I spend My day around loud grinders and behind a Welders mask.
I often Miss Calls
His Order has been finished up for a good two weeks now, I was out of Town last week and wasnt able to do much at all. The package was initially shipped Two weeks ago with about 5 other packages, one of which was going to hawaii and Was grounded due to their policies on the way I shipped that package. If needed im sure i can get that customer to vouch for the incident.
I attempted to send the package out another time but was unable to being out of town. He has all information on the package being reshipped.
Ive appologized for the Delay and he will have his Order soon enough.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea im the person that had delay in shipping for one of the packages. It was the one going to hawaii. There was a couple days delay, but once it was cleared up, the manifold got to me 3 days faster then what fedex had scedualed the delivery for.

Over all, this is my second one-fab manifold purchase and for sure will be buying more manifolds from him in the future.

Old 09-08-2005, 02:54 PM

bad buisness practices suck

but turbo downtime sucks even more, hope this gets resolved soon.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: (12 oz.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 12 oz. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bad buisness practices suck

but turbo downtime sucks even more, hope this gets resolved soon.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think that has already been solved
Old 09-08-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Re: (mexicansi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mexicansi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think that has already been solved</TD></TR></TABLE>

nothing is solved until hes holding the manifold he already paid for in his hands
Old 09-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (12 oz.)

I ordered mine on 6/20 and the same exact story happined to me except I got mine tonight... its just to bad its got the wrong wastegate flange on it BUT I called Matt and he will make good of it.

Am I happy? I'm not really sure, I feel bad because I know he didnt make much if any off of me. But I did wait twice the ETA. Overall when I do talk to Matt he is a very nice guy when you are able to get a hold of him. Would I buy from him again? I'm not really sure, depends how fast it is needed because this top mount is damn sexy...
Old 09-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am not putting any quality of work in question. I am sure i will be happy with it, thats why i ordered it. It just sucks that i was told several times it has shipped and i have not received anything. Especially last week he really made me believe he was going to send it and i set up a tuning appointment and now i still have no mani.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pK1spooled)

wow haha thats awsome he had me going just like that... I missed 2 appointments
Old 09-08-2005, 05:52 PM

Thats what I dont get. Why lie for? If the manifold isnt going to be done in another estimated 45 days just say so, don't say you sent it and give a phony tracking #.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:16 PM
New User

Matt never gave any phoney tracking #s. Again he explained what happened, when we ship products we set up a SHIPMENT ONLINE, usually you have to do an END OF DAY to close out your packages for the day. On this particular situation with btoh Kyle McCombs and the original Thread starter pK1spooled their manifolds were sent with 3 others, one going to Hawaii. Well all packages were set up BY DHL Ground and closed out as End Of Day for Ground shipments. All packages picked up and ready to go UNTIL DOH the Hawaii package held all packages up because you CAN'T Send to Hawaii using DHL Ground. So they needed to Resubmit this package BUT because 5 packages were sent together they all got held up. He had to relabel all of them and get them out Now it is causing Matt to pull all his hair out, I feel sorry for the guy! Matt is not gonna do anyone wrong, now I will admit Matt got waaaay behind schedule, I sent him alot of business lately so maybe it is my fault. We both have fixed these problems for future orders, we are now on a good 4-6 week turnaround time on manis and we are telling all customer this UP FRONT! Again sorry to any of our customers who were told 2-3 weeks when they ordered because it HAS been taking longer. Materials have run out and have to be reordered, Matt does also have a personal life and should be able to take off on the weekends or even Holidays sooooo.... Take that for what it is worth. I can be reached ALWAYS though. If you purchased from me then please contact me, I will help anyone else who has a One Fab order alos BUT BUT BUT keep in mind I am not matt vanWies secretary, well he hasnt paid me yet for being it

Keep in mind in this business of custom Manifolds and downpipes they take time, things get held up, materials run out. Shipping companies make errors too. We give unreal turbaround times(not knowing it) We would NEVER tell someone a timefarme just to gain your business, that is the God's Honest truth! Also look at other companies that make manifolds and dp, they have a LOOOONG turbaround time and they dont always deliver on time, I know since I sell other manufacturers manis and downpipes. But we always get the customer their product. Matt and I have both come out of pocket to take care of customers, either on Discounts on future orders or Matt sending things overnight which is inb NO WAYS CHEAP! I like to tell my customers to go ahead and watch these shows on today like American Hot Rod and American Chopper both dealing with custom made parts and dealing with Vendors. See how many times they dont have their products on time or get the wrong part all together! It is unfortunately part of this crazy business. Again Matt and I are working on taking care of every customer we have. We will do everything we can to make things right!
Old 09-08-2005, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

although never doing buisness with onefab....i have hung out with matt and the rest of the crew a few times at the track and its pretty obvious they are all about as helpful as can be

i spend a good portion of my day welding and cutting and grinding etc as well. its hard to hear the phone....and if your on the phone all day, its tuff to get work done. i'd say i answer 50-100 phone calls a day easy, and this is all while attempting to be working on cars at the same time......build 1 manifold and see how much more time and patience goes into one of these things. you will soon realize that the prices these things go for now a days is very cheap, and take a lot more time than you might expect. and getting parts???? if you need something in a hurry, expect it to be out of stock.

2 weeks ago i ordered a bunch of silicone couplers for a couple cars. i paid to have them shipped 2nd day air. after not receiving my parts 2 days later i wait another day and call about them. aparently the order never shipped. i was told they would be shipped out 2nd day air that day. 2 days later...no parts. the parts show up the next day....and its all the wrong stuff. call them back and they say the owner is out and he will call me back later. never got a call. speak to the owner the next day and he tells me he will send the parts out that day...over nite for free. didnt receive them the next day...call again and they just left that day..and were shipped out 2nd day air. received the parts 5 days later (weekend and holiday) and i got the WRONG PARTS AGAIN.

moral of the story is **** happens, and when your building/fabricating stuff it always seems to kick you in the *** when you need stuff the fastest. im sure you will get your manifold, it will kick ***, and you will be as happy as can be.

to one fab. quality parts with awesome people

Modified by Turbo-charged at 3:43 PM 9/9/2005
Old 09-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah man you just thnk you goin to get your stuff right away. **** happened custom stuff takes time to be made. you dont want to rush that kinda stuff. unless you want complete **** that falls apart. i had a problem with some fuel lined sawhile back when i was trying to get my car ready for a race. they didnt come i didnt race i got over it. i didnt come on here an bash the company and the person i got them from. you cant bash a company's name like that
Old 09-09-2005, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (Turbo-charged)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo-charged &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
to love fab. quality parts with awesome people</TD></TR></TABLE>

Great story, but this is about One Fab. lol

Matt's a good guy, he won't screw you over like most of the manifold makers out there that have come and gone will.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:08 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (pK1spooled)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pK1spooled &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am not putting any quality of work in question. I am sure i will be happy with it, thats why i ordered it. It just sucks that i was told several times it has shipped and i have not received anything. Especially last week he really made me believe he was going to send it and i set up a tuning appointment and now i still have no mani.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You just need to realize that people that operate high volume sales/low manpower shops cant always answer the phones 100% or even 60% of the time as that would seriously cut into production and throw them off even more.

Also, you need to realize that **** DOES HAPPEN every now and then. It sucks when it happens to you personally but you gotta learn to roll with it and try not to be impatient and/or paranoid.

Sometimes tracking #'s wont work...not the shipper's fault, it's actually the shipping company's fault, they screw up sometimes. Sometimes packages get mis-routed, sometimes shippers get overwhelmed and think they shipped your package only to see it on the shelf the next week and slap their heads and then ship it.

I can honestly say this from experience. While I dont do much business on here, I do a buttload of it on ebay and I've had all hell break loose several times in the past with only 1 or 2 times total where the package just went poof or what-not and I had to make good.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tony1)

hahaha oops! yea thats what happens when you work 16-18 hour days and then try to type on here afterwords....fixed
Old 09-09-2005, 06:59 AM
New User

Also to add, just because you see Matt or me online on AIM or even H-T doesn't necesarrily mean we are sittging in front of the computer right then and there. We leave our computers on all day and usually AIM is left on to accept messages or we have an AWAY MESSAGE UP, same thing with H-T we may have read a thread and left the site up, it will show us online BUT that doesnt mean we are sitting there reading posts at that very moment. Also best thing to do is call and a LEAVE A MESSAGE, calling several times without leaving one message at all doesn't help. Just trying to get everyone help us to help you
Old 09-09-2005, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Matt is good guy and run a great business, he does spends all day grinding and welding and it is hard to hear the phone ringing while doing so. Most of companies don't even give out tracking number because shipping companies makes mistakes (a lot of it some week) and we're having to stop what we're doing and take care of it. That takes a lot of times. I personally go through 50-100 calls a day and sometimes I have 5 calls coming in at the same time, by the time I am finish with the 5th phone call, I had forgotten what I was doing before the 1st call came in and what I was supposed to do on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th calls. You get the point.

We're not huge by any means, I do have some help at the shop, but I always try to do everything on my own to make sure that customers are taking care of and sometimes that takes a lot of tolls on my health. I have been sick for 3 days and yet I am here 2 days out of the three. We offer a competitive pricing but at a cost to lower our expenses. Trust me, I'd love to have 10 employees answering phone calls all day, but that will bring up expenses therefore raise the cost of goods.

And Terry (boostfed) is correct on the money, our computer is logged on all day long, but we're in front of the computer about 50% of those times, I refresh my H-T about 1-2 times a day. Majority of the times, I am either assembling, building lines, packaging order (we have 20-40 going out daily and has to be done before UPS pick up time at 3 pm) plus all the USPS overseas and APO/FPO which needs to be done by 4.30 pm.

This is not including working on customer's cars, working on the race car, dyno, tuning, running to the bank, strip club lunch JK. We're here to stay and sometimes more than we like, we get behind, lost and sometimes just runs around like chicken with our head cut off, but we ALWAYS try to take care of everyone as fast and as best as we can and no matter what cost or what it takes to get it done.

For me, email is always the best and qucikest way to reach me, my outlook express checks on it every 10 minutes and I always reply every single email, wether to answer question or simply to verify and confirm soemthing for you guys.

Hope this helps clears out any situation or doubts that you may have

stan
Old 09-09-2005, 07:39 AM
New User

Default Re: (Flamenco-T)

Also there are some changes coming up for One Fab in the future that at least you will be able to get a phone call answered more often and get some answers while he works!

Quick Reply: ONE-FAB...........