Notices

ok, t3/to4e questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 01:14 PM
-Racer X-

Default ok, t3/to4e questions

ok, i want to drive around daily on 7 psi, im gonna be using a starion intercooler with welded endtanks, and probly go with the super t motorsports kit, for b series, (b18a1 in a 93 integra GS to be exact), just wondering what trim/ar i need to have for the kit, and what size endtank outlets i need for the IC, like i said, i only want to drive around on like 7 psi daily and mabey go to 9/10 at the track. any suggestions/knowledge would help.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:42 PM
-Racer X-

Default Re: ok, t3/to4e questions (-Racer X-)

anyone? cmon someone has to know some answers....
Old 03-20-2003, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im running a t3/to4e and mine has an ar of 63, but im not sure what the trim is
Old 03-20-2003, 07:47 PM
-Racer X-

Default Re: ok, t3/to4e questions (boostedinteg03)

but im askin what the AR and trim have to do with things? and i was wondering what AR and trim would be good for a high milage LS that is gonna be runnin 7 psi mostly.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'd go with a 57trim, .63a/r turbine stage 3 wheel. Its really your preference tho. It all depends on how fast you want it to spool.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:53 PM
-Racer X-

Default Re: ok, t3/to4e questions (BoostedSi)

i want SOME turbo lag, cause ive heard that lag = traction, lol, but at the same time i want to be making some decent power...
Old 03-20-2003, 08:15 PM
-Racer X-

up
Old 03-20-2003, 08:17 PM

lol. yeah turbo lag does = traction, but high boost levels can keep traction too just dont push on the pedal hard......and if you want to run low boost why are buying a t03/t04? get a 16g or equivalent or maybe even smaller. youre buying a turbo that is for higher applications. and if you want to make "decent" power you shoulda bought a dsm buddy.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:31 PM
I am a bad person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ok, t3/to4e questions (2gdsm)

and if you want to make "decent" power you shoulda bought a dsm buddy.
kidding right?? if you didnt want to have crankwalk you should have bought a honda!!!
Old 03-20-2003, 08:34 PM
-Racer X-

lol. yeah turbo lag does = traction, but high boost levels can keep traction too just dont push on the pedal hard......and if you want to run low boost why are buying a t03/t04? get a 16g or equivalent or maybe even smaller. youre buying a turbo that is for higher applications. and if you want to make "decent" power you shoulda bought a dsm buddy.
im cool off the 16g, and if i have this turbo then ill be able to build bigger and better without having to buy a new one, ya dig? oh ya, and DSMs are crap. i like having a tranny and no crankwalk...anyone know what a ideal t3/to4e is? based on what ive said above?

[Modified by -Racer X-, 9:36 PM 3/20/2003]
Old 03-20-2003, 08:58 PM

ok correct me if im wrong but....
a/r is the size of the turbo housing, basically the bigger you go the more potential power , however the more lag you will have.
the trim is the size of the compressor wheel and the bigger you go the more power you can have but you will also have more lag than a smaller wheel and it wont be as efficient as a smaller wheel.

your best bet is to call up a company that sells turbos (garret, turbonetics, etc) and tell them what your horsepower goals are, and let them do all the formulas and complicated math for you.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:13 PM
I am a bad person

Default Re: ok, t3/to4e questions (Sportmode)

a/r is the size of the turbo housing, basically the bigger you go the more potential power , however the more lag you will have.
the trim is the size of the compressor wheel and the bigger you go the more power you can have but you will also have more lag than a smaller wheel and it wont be as efficient as a smaller wheel.

your best bet is to call up a company that sells turbos (garret, turbonetics, etc) and tell them what your horsepower goals are, and let them do all the formulas and complicated math for you.
correct. except if you go with the bigger compressor housings you can also downsize the turbine housing for quicker spool up. the smaller compressor wheels will be more efficient at lower boost levels but the larger ones are usually more efficient at higher levels. the pitch of the rear wheel will also determine its efficiency at higher boost levels. Precision Turbo can custom build a turbo for your application and hp goals. If you want it built wrong call Turbonetics

[Modified by MotorMatrix.com, 1:14 AM 3/21/2003]
Old 03-20-2003, 09:24 PM
New User

Default Re: ok, t3/to4e questions (MotorMatrix.com)

correct. except if you go with the bigger compressor housings you can also downsize the turbine housing for quicker spool up. the smaller compressor wheels will be more efficient at lower boost levels but the larger ones are usually more efficient at higher levels. the pitch of the rear wheel will also determine its efficiency at higher boost levels. Precision Turbo can custom build a turbo for your application and hp goals. If you want it built wrong call Turbonetics

[Modified by MotorMatrix.com, 1:14 AM 3/21/2003]
Did you have a problem with your Turbonetics turbos? If you posted it I missed it, we talked about people on the boards having problems with products I myself have had MAJOR problems but you had good luck, I have had no bad experiences with 3 Turbonetcis turbos and many friends local haven't had problems with them at all. what is your story with them? We've had 3 bad blocks local though from a company and I confirmed this with you, what's your beef with Turbonetics? Again if you posted your expereinces I missed it.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:41 PM
I am a bad person

Default Re: ok, t3/to4e questions (Boostfed)

I did post our issue with turbonetics on several different posts. I'll tell it again though.

My partner before he was my partner ordered a T'netics turbo direct from them. He told them he wanted a turbo that would make 700whp on boost alone on his h22 motor. they said no problem, we have the turbo for you. a t72 turbo will do fine. well he got the turbo in and it looked nice. well he proceded to build his car which took over a year and 60k+. I met him and helped him finish up the car and we went to the dyno to make a long story short. we boosted the car 30psi and were stuck at 575whp@30psi. We knew something was wrong turbo wise. So i called turbonetics and spoke to the salesman who sold the turbo and he said yeah they built it wrong for 700whp. they gave him an O trim. Who would put an O trim in a t series turbo anyway!!!! I asked him what we could do to get this turbo fixed so we could make 700 whp as intended. he said send it in and we will fix it but you have to pay 400 for the wheel + labor. They built the turbo wrong and admitted they built it wrong but we have to pay right?? I spoke with the manager there who was a real bitch and she said since the turbo was bought more than a year ago she couldnt do anything. she admitted it was built wrong but the year passed.sorry. wow great customer service. does she not realize some cars take years to build. By the way, he paid 2k for the turbo at the time. You all know what you can buy with 2k now in a non ball bearing turbo.

well on to dealing with Precision Turbo compared to Turbonetics. Precision has on more than one account replaced wheels,turbine and compressor housings, and "USED" complete turbos at no charge because the customer just wasnt happy with what they ordered. the customer was not misadvised on a turbo but ordered something that didnt really work well on their application and it was resolved at precisions expense. thats customer service. thats why I sell only precision. I have also heard that all the good guys that used to work at Turbonetics left and started "innovative turbo" which seems to be a very good company also. Turbonetics seems to have people taht are just building the turbo's by the books now without any real knowledge. that is all hear say, but from a reliable source.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:45 PM

Sorry Racer X, I wasnt aware of your intentions to get the turbo for upgrading later too. i just thought you wanted to run 7 psi all the time as in forever and never tuning the car or whatever. anyways so yeah if youre interested in buying a GOOD turbo with very good spool and life get an AGP L2R. its a twin ball bearing. if you want exact specs they are on their site. i have one on my gs-t eclipse. i'm runnin 32 psi and pulls like you wouldnt believe. and since i have FWD i do lose traction alot. i have 650 injectors, 255 walbro fuel pump, FPR, SAFC, EBC profec b, Greddy FMIC, full 3" exhaust , upper and lower greddy chrome IC pipes, type-s BOV and all other supporting and basic mods. a lil weight reduction with the a/c out and stuff. i run consistent 11.5's @133 with my auto.
and to the guy talkin bout crankwalk and trannies. only 17% dsms walk and 0% are auto's so fu(k off! i've had my trannie since 98 whats that 5 YEARS. i've been pushing 500 horse on a 6 bolt swap for 4 years and no problems. looks lke the dsm you encountered was owned or modded by a honda enthusiast!lol. i will admit hondas are VERY reliable cars and can be transformed into nice cars but with out another 10k after buying it youre screwed. hondas are like tampons, every puzzy has one. you prolly dont even know what a blow off valve is you non turbo driving POS. quit runnin your mouth and go back to drivin your un tuned bolt on fart can and air filter "i think i'm fast" piece of toilet birthday present.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:52 PM
I am a bad person

you may want to read my signtaure before you say "you prolly dont even know what a blow off valve is you non turbo driving POS." you are an ******* and need to go back to dsm forums with the advice you are giving this guy. We make 500whp by accident on hondas and 0% crankwalk.

by the way my friend adams gsx walked and its auto so add that to your reliable % rate you came up with.

[Modified by MotorMatrix.com, 1:55 AM 3/21/2003]
Old 03-20-2003, 09:56 PM

here we can settle this you take any civic and put 3k into which is the average for a teen in school and working part time with out a gs-r motr swap or sumpin impossible for a 16-17 year to do while still paying for the car then you take a 99 gsx eclipse and give them 3k i guarantee without a doubt in my mind the eclipse would win and i have the carloina, dakota, florida, cali and ohio dsm clubs to agree.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:00 PM

how the hell can you be so sure it walked and something else didnt go wrong with it , do yo even know what crankwalk is? and so what if your sig has psi in it it could mean all kinds of **** that you read on some random gauge you hooked up wrong. what you afraid to run 26 psi on a supercharger? cant afford the pulleys?thats what i thought pipe down. and if you make 500 horse on accident the dyno you went too forgot to hook up your car before they re-printed the sheet from the z06 that pulled off.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:03 PM

pissin off you honda owners is the most fun i've had since high school. civics are like you having sex, slow ,obsene and annoying.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:06 PM
I am a bad person

you are a ******* moron bottom line. i knwo what crankwalk is *******. its whel you push in the clutch and the idle drops, its when you grab a pry bar and move the crank pulley an inch to each side. thats crank walk moron. also would you like the video of my dyno pulls>>

http://www.motormatrix.com/MMGR522dyno.mpg

before you come in a forum w/o knowing anybody. you may want to do some research before you come blabbing a bunch off bullshit. your Ow3ned
Old 03-20-2003, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Civics are like sex? Sex is slow, obscene, and annoying? That statement doesn't make any sense. I myself personally enjoy sex very much. Are you into fat chicks?
Old 03-20-2003, 10:33 PM
I am a bad person

Default Re: ok, t3/to4e questions (JalopySiR)

Civics are like sex? Sex is slow, obscene, and annoying? That statement doesn't make any sense. I myself personally enjoy sex very much. Are you into fat chicks?
look at his email address "mygirlfriendisprude@hotmail.com" .if that doesnt say enough. I think i just found out that he is 14yrs old and probably some day when he grows up big and strong wants to own a dsm.that way he can push it when it "walks".

[Modified by MotorMatrix.com, 2:34 AM 3/21/2003]
Old 03-20-2003, 11:08 PM

Default Re: ok, t3/to4e questions (MotorMatrix.com)

look at his email address "mygirlfriendisprude@hotmail.com" .if that doesnt say enough. I think i just found out that he is 14yrs old and probably some day when he grows up big and strong wants to own a dsm.that way he can push it when it "walks".
[Modified by MotorMatrix.com, 2:34 AM 3/21/2003]
hahaha

by the way i have a friend who sold his 95 GSX because the he was starting to get crankwalk. He then bought a '99 civic si.

oh and motormatrix,
ive heard lots of good things about precision, what is the precision equivalent of a 57 trim .63 a/r t3/4 garret turbo (power and lag) and do you have any idea how much power it would be good up to?

ill be starting my own turbo project in about 6 months and im aiming for a 400+ whp streetable '95 gsr.
thanks