OK HONDATA Tuners What do i need to do my own tunning I have a stage 2BD

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OK HONDATA Tuners What do i need to do my own tunning I have a stage 2BD

Hey guys i have a hondata stage 2BD what do i need to do my own tunning exactly. Also a wide band that i can use too thats cheap im stuck here.

Help guys
Old 05-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OK HONDATA Tuners What do i need to do my own tunning I have a stage 2BD (JDMCRX)

first, id upgrade to the s200, buy hondatas romeditor software and a plx wideband, you'll also need a chip burner, and id strongly recommend a romulator so you dont have to burn chips all day long when u make changes.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OK HONDATA Tuners What do i need to do my own tunning I have a stage 2BD (Mase)

I think im gonna get AEM and a wide band i dunno might cost as much
Old 05-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OK HONDATA Tuners What do i need to do my own tunning I have a stage 2BD (JDMCRX)

Are you saying the old Stage 1-4 Hondatas are useless when it comes to GETTING tuned or? Sorry to thread jack. I have a Stage 4 w/ every option that I'm going to use im my current build but should I scrap and pick up the s200?

Old 05-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMCRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think im gonna get AEM and a wide band i dunno might cost as much
</TD></TR></TABLE>

DO NOT get an AEM wideband, they are not compatable with the Hondata. not to mention, they are overpriced, if you need a new sensor you have to pay 150 bucks rather than 40 bucks for the PLX sensor. the PLX wideband has a linear output and is very accurate. It actually is the same bosch sensor as teh AEM, but doesn't have the AEM BS connector.

so if you want the best for plug & play, i always recommend the PLX. if you want a headache continue buying the AEM.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OK HONDATA Tuners What do i need to do my own tunning I have a stage 2BD (seen4ever)

OK so this is what people are telling me

Get the pocket programer and the software and the PLX wide band and i can do my own tunning???
Old 05-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OK HONDATA Tuners What do i need to do my own tunning I have a stage 2BD (seen4ever)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seen4ever &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

DO NOT get an AEM wideband, they are not compatable with the Hondata. not to mention, they are overpriced, if you need a new sensor you have to pay 150 bucks rather than 40 bucks for the PLX sensor. the PLX wideband has a linear output and is very accurate. It actually is the same bosch sensor as teh AEM, but doesn't have the AEM BS connector.

so if you want the best for plug & play, i always recommend the PLX. if you want a headache continue buying the AEM.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the aem W/B sensor is not $150. they come stock in the new 05 caddy's. I just brought one from horsepowerfreaks.com and they are $70. I also brought one from the GM dealership a week ago and it was only $57 bucks plus tax. I have two sensors, one for daily driving and the other for race gas
Old 05-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OK HONDATA Tuners What do i need to do my own tunning I have a stage 2BD (2000civicsi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2000civicsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the aem W/B sensor is not $150. they come stock in the new 05 caddy's. I just brought one from horsepowerfreaks.com and they are $70. I also brought one from the GM dealership a week ago and it was only $57 bucks plus tax. I have two sensors, one for daily driving and the other for race gas</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you buy from AEM they are 150. that still doesn't change the fact that it doesn't have a linear output.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No the staged HONDATA systems can still be/get tuned. HONDATA has just stopped making them. Everything has been switched over to the S100/S200 systems. Now these days you have to buy that USB to serial port for teh blue interface box with all the new lap tops. None of the new lap tops are very "datalogging friendly." They usually only come with USB 2.0 ports and the 1394 firewire connection. From what I understand there is also a new Pocket Programmer that is USB connected.

Jason
Old 05-10-2005, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OK HONDATA Tuners What do i need to do my own tunning I have a stage 2BD (SFWD 1934)

I noticed that my stage 4 doesn't have usb but different type of cable (similar to like a printer or monitor) but can I still use this or is it obsolite?
Old 05-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: OK HONDATA Tuners What do i need to do my own tunning I have a stage 2BD (LSEGHATCH)

Just to throw my 2psi in here.
I ran the 4B forever with mine. It worked great. I didnt have ness all the options as the S200 would have had, but I never once had any of the BS glitch issues Hondatas are known for. We would see some crap when we were tuning on the S200, but when we converted my ROM back , all the probs went away.

Honestly I would keep the old set up if it works. If its not broke, why mess with it.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:09 PM

See signature.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Drag_On)

just to add with my Hondata set up i never had a problem with connection from my USB to serial converter. . . unlike the S series where you need a specific one.
Also all laptops will come with a paralell port for the old pocket programmer. At least all the ones I saw come with them. Its a standard Printer port. Its gotta have it. At least until EVERYTHING switches to USB

The sole problem is, Hondata will not support it nor answer your questions on it what soeever. They will just say, upgrade and spend the $300-400 difference thne we might think about helping you. Even though it really isnt needed.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Drag_On)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drag_On &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">See signature.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not sure if you were referring to me or not but here's what I said:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSEGHATCH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you saying the old Stage 1-4 Hondatas are useless <U>when it comes to GETTING tuned or?</U> Sorry to thread jack. I have a Stage 4 w/ every option that I'm going to use im my current build but should I scrap and pick up the s200?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't say anything about tuning my car myself....
Old 05-10-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: (LSEGHATCH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSEGHATCH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm not sure if you were referring to me or not but here's what I said:

I didn't say anything about tuning my car myself....</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was referring to the poster. Nothing against him personally - I just feel that if you dont know what equipment you need to tune your self, you should leave it to someone who does.