Notices

Oil and Oil vapors coming from v-cover breather, bad fumes in car

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil and Oil vapors coming from v-cover breather, bad fumes in car

what do most turbo honda people do about the oil and fumes coming from the v-cover breather?
I have it routed down at bottom of firewall and to a breather filter, but after highboost or even low boost it stinks in cab like oil.
catch cans? anything else?
thanx
Old 07-18-2003, 01:41 AM

Default Re: Oil and Oil vapors coming from v-cover breather, bad fumes in car (bigstatik)

is it that bad? if it is, it's more than likely that you fried some rings...

i've never had a problem just running the breather pointed downward.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil and Oil vapors coming from v-cover breather, bad fumes in car (Tofurkey)

so for turbo cars is it better to run a hose form the valve cover to a breather filter that is relocated to some whereat the bottom of the engine bay? or is it better to tun a hose for the valve cover to the intake pipe like in a stock car?
Old 07-18-2003, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil and Oil vapors coming from v-cover breather, bad fumes in car (nextelbuddy)

if its smoking that bad, I dont know if you want to boost on it, i would check your compression, because it sounds liek your motor is taking a **** on you.

My integra had no blow by what so ever for the year and a half it was boosted 10 psi and constantly beat on
Old 07-18-2003, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil and Oil vapors coming from v-cover breather, bad fumes in car (Mase)

if i run a breather filter straight off the valve cover will that cause oil to get everywhere under my hood area when i boost?
Old 07-18-2003, 07:27 AM

Default Re: Oil and Oil vapors coming from v-cover breather, bad fumes in car (bigstatik)

run one hose to the intake manifold with a check valve and another to the intake side of the turbo
Old 07-18-2003, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil and Oil vapors coming from v-cover breather, bad fumes in car (boost3d)

huh? can you please explain a little better am new to boost and do not understand what you are saying
Old 07-18-2003, 07:39 AM

Default Re: Oil and Oil vapors coming from v-cover breather, bad fumes in car (nextelbuddy)

from the valve cover run a vacume line to an input on your intake manifold. You need to put a one way check valve in there so that when you hit boost you won't blow air into your valve cover. a second line is run down to the intake side of the turbo to give you vacume when the other line is shut off in boost. You basically just want vacume on the valve cover to get rid of the fumes and re-burn them in the engine.

or just run a breather, but this way is better for the environment too
Old 07-18-2003, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil and Oil vapors coming from v-cover breather, bad fumes in car (boost3d)

i want to just run a breather on teh valve cover. but if i do that will oil get everywhere from boost or can i do a oil catch can setup. i really want to run a oil catch can setup but everytime i ask for teh correct way or setup to do it i get no answer. a diagram would be great showing what goes where.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:04 PM

you can run a breathre... but in all honesty, if it's that bad... you're experiencing blowby....

i would get a compression test ASAP, and take care of the problem now.
if you don't it could lead to other problems.