Notices

oil feed fitting pissing me off

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil feed fitting pissing me off

I ripped the car apart today to finally install the turbo.. started at the crack of dawn with injectors, resistor box, intercooler, bov etc... So everything isnt going perfect but im getting **** done and making it work...i come to the oil feed line... i take out the oil pressure sensor and my 1/8 fitting for the feed line wont fit in the hole... im sure you guys know what im talking about the sensor has a little area at the tip that isnt threaded so it fits in.. where the hell do you guys/gals get the right fitting?... i cant finish today because of this one tiny but big problem...
Old 06-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: oil feed fitting pissing me off (milllllk)

you can fit the NPT brass fitting into the BSPT hole in the block. BUT i dont advise on it. i dont know who else carries it, i know we have a few in stock but that doesnt do you any good right now, i know z10 has em. there is an adapter fitting you can get.

Modified by boostedcivicsir at 12:37 AM 6/27/2006
Old 06-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: oil feed fitting pissing me off (boostedcivicsir)

http://Stealthmodeperformance.com carries them as well, as for all your troubles, I tell you what my friends told me when putting mine on; "Welcome to the World of Turbos."
Old 06-26-2006, 04:21 PM

Default Re: oil feed fitting pissing me off (BlueLude94)

stealthmodes fitting is probably the best ive seen. so many people confuse this npt with bspt. just wait the week, or pay overnight shipping. its 20 bucks and so worth it, and the coost par, its a dual outlet but comes with a plug if u need to use only 1. i have both my oil pressure gauge sender line and oil feed coming out that 1 fitting
Old 06-26-2006, 04:34 PM

Default Re: oil feed fitting pissing me off (playahwitgame)

do not use brass. use aluminum. brass is too stiff, the threads will not stretch and lock as they do with aluminum. get anodized aluminum, the blue ones. brass fittings will leave u with oil leaks every where, trust me
Old 06-26-2006, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: oil feed fitting pissing me off (skiwithcars)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skiwithcars &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do not use brass. use aluminum. brass is too stiff, the threads will not stretch and lock as they do with aluminum. get anodized aluminum, the blue ones. brass fittings will leave u with oil leaks every where, trust me</TD></TR></TABLE>and where did you get andonized aluminum fittings?

my brass fitting doesn't leak at all.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:43 PM

I sent an email to stealthmode seeing if they did over night cause i reall need this asap.. ive been to autozone and advanced autoparts and either of them carrie it.. .does anyone know where i can get this part asap? thanks
Old 06-26-2006, 07:29 PM

Default Re: (milllllk)

I'm waiting on an order of block fittings at the moment that probably won't be here until later this week. The bspt threads are nearly impossible to find at most local places. Here's some other places that should have it, I just won't have them until later in the week:

tunertoys.com (my supplier, which should have them a couple days before me)
fast-turbo.com

There's some other ones I'm sure. If you really wanted to, you could put the 1/8 npt into the port, but it's only got a chance of lasting if you put it in with the intention of never taking it out. I'd wait for the fitting, but it is an option.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skiwithcars &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do not use brass. use aluminum. brass is too stiff, the threads will not stretch and lock as they do with aluminum. get anodized aluminum, the blue ones. brass fittings will leave u with oil leaks every where, trust me</TD></TR></TABLE>

100% false. I've got over 1000 real world customers. Please link me to where I can find a 1/8bspt aluminum fitting. I've never seen one offered.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:31 PM

Thanks i appreciate the help!
Old 06-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (stealthmode62)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stealthmode62 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
100% false. I've got over 1000 real world customers. Please link me to where I can find a 1/8bspt aluminum fitting. I've never seen one offered. </TD></TR></TABLE>

um i havent been able to find them separately, BUT, my tranny line pressure gauge set had one, and i ganked it from there. it is a matco trans line pressure set. but that doesnt help.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:34 PM

Default Re: (milllllk)

millllk... i dunno where you are located, but if you are in so cal then i have someone for you... they are in the san fernando valley (vannuys northridge area).. and they stock the british threads, as i needed one awhile back.

Name of the place is Orme brothers or Orme Bro's

http://www.ormebrothers.com/

good luck.