Notices

Oil Catch Can?

Old 03-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Catch Can?

Does the oil catch can have to have a breather on top or can the can it's self be closed off with just the oil inlet lines? The one I'm looking at has the return oil line back to the block but I've heard it can contaminate the oil, so I might not be using the return. My questions is more related to the catch can it's self. I'll be coming off the block and eliminate the existing PVC system, so I want to know if the closed catch can will work for a 300HP DD or the breather on the can is a must? Thanks guys!
Old 03-07-2008, 03:18 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Oil Catch Can? (Evilparadize)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Evilparadize &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does the oil catch can have to have a breather on top or can the can it's self be closed off with just the oil inlet lines? The one I'm looking at has the return oil line back to the block but I've heard it can contaminate the oil, so I might not be using the return. My questions is more related to the catch can it's self. I'll be coming off the block and eliminate the existing PVC system, so I want to know if the closed catch can will work for a 300HP DD or the breather on the can is a must? Thanks guys!</TD></TR></TABLE>

the oil isnt only the issue. there is also crank case pressure. it has to go somewhere. it either has to be evacuated, wither via a vac pump, or allowed to vent. i think a vac pump is out of the question for you, so the alternative is the breather.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil Catch Can? (boostedcivicsir)

Is it possible to run just one line from the back of the block to the catch can and leave the other port on the can open to serve as a breather? Can I'm looking at has 2 inlet ports for the oil but no breather. I know the more air that vents out is better but I wanted to know if this would work, thanks.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil Catch Can? (Evilparadize)