Notices

Oh guide me mighty nitrous knowers

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh guide me mighty nitrous knowers

OK, I've searched all this stuff and gotten jack as far a real answer goes...

What I'm looking for is a small nitrous kit to get the job done. The job being take my almost bone stock (except intake and susp.) 98 HX into the high 14's or at least close. I don't want to in ANY way hurt my engine as I do not have the funds to replace it. I've searched for Sneaky Pete's and other small cheater kits and found out that eBay kits are crap, but I've yet to find a definitive answer on what to do here.

I'm thinking that a small cheater kit would be ideal with its small shots, but I don't really know if I'm going to get the results I'm really looking for with one of these. Also, I want to stay as cheap as I possibly can. I'm a college student and I just don't have the funds to finance a huge project like this.

So, shine your knowlegde down upon my unknowing head.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oh guide me mighty nitrous knowers (Mistamike17)

bump
Old 07-14-2004, 10:38 AM

If you dont have the funds to fix it then you shouldnt do it..

Otherwise just look into a zex dry kit.. Its about the safest nitrous kit on the market..
Old 07-14-2004, 10:43 AM

get a used nitrous kit for like 200-300 bucks... the size of the bottle has nothing to do with how large of a shot your going to spray.. all the size of the bottle does is hold a certain amount of nitrous.. a larger bottle will last you a longer amount of time. a small *** bottle is a waste of money like in those sneaky pete set ups. on a stock motor like yours you can see a 50 shot with no problems at all..the "shot" of nitrous is in relation to how much HP gain you will.. so a 50 shot would be essentialy 50 additional HP over what u have without the nitrous..it is controlled by small little brass fittings called "Jets" and the larger the shot.. the larger the hole in the Jets..it just regulates how much nitrous will be allowed to spray.. but no matter what shot of nitrous you plan on running i hope you have a stronger clutch in there..
Old 07-15-2004, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Oh guide me mighty nitrous knowers (J337_UNIT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J337_UNIT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get a used zex kit for like 200-300 bucks... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 07-16-2004, 12:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oh guide me mighty nitrous knowers (megotvtec)

have sort of setup to pull timing out when you spray, depending on how much you spray. You'll get wear on your engine no matter what with nitrous. If you're careful with it, it'll last long. Don't misshift
Old 07-16-2004, 04:04 PM
New User

Nitrous Oxide Systems Dry Manifold kit it's a great starter kit and is pretty fool proof if installed correctly http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/P....html
Old 07-16-2004, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oh guide me mighty nitrous knowers (EVOCELICA)

i'm not sure what "ebay" kits you've looked at, but the cold fusion stuff isn't too bad........definitely good bang for your buck
Old 07-17-2004, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Oh guide me mighty nitrous knowers (2thousandcivic)

Somebody did a test about a year ago and compared all the popular nitrous kits and zex put out less hp than the shot was for, where NOS and NX put out slightly more. I have always used NX wet shot with a window switch and have never blown a motor.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:17 AM

Default Re: Oh guide me mighty nitrous knowers (awdlaunchmonster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by awdlaunchmonster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I have always used NX wet shot with a window switch and have never blown a motor. </TD></TR></TABLE>

the big part of the a lonnger life no2 motor is the WET shot you used.

dry shots are cheap but bring no fuel in with the no2 so the no2 oxegenate the fuel thats in thier than runs lean so will run quicker but will go boom sooner especially if you get greedy and start to squeeze more

wet shots introduce fuel with the no2 so there is the right afr for that shot so it is a much safer way to go and usally will allow a bigger shot due to it bringing its own fuel

all that said the system is onlyy as good as the person who sets it up.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:57 AM

i ran a Zex dry 50 shot on my D16Z hatch. It ran flawless. The Zex kit IMO is the easiest to install, but if I had to do over again I would go with a wet kit (much safer). NX is supposed to make some very good quality kits.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:18 AM

Default Re: Oh guide me mighty nitrous knowers (Honda_Tengoku)

NX wet kit, wet's safer and if you want to up later on, assuming this will not be the end of it. You'll never get enough power.

Old 07-18-2004, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oh guide me mighty nitrous knowers (HondaAccordSiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaAccordSiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NX wet kit, wet's safer and if you want to up later on, assuming this will not be the end of it. You'll never get enough power.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

The right way to do a wet kit is direct port. A dry kit is much safer than a single fogger wet kit.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:00 AM
New User

Default Re: Oh guide me mighty nitrous knowers (RyanCivic2000)

This is very true but have you ever seen a NX kit fogger spray fuel it's like an art form. I am 99% against single fogger wet kits unless you are running a turbo or blower. I still wouldn't use a NX kit but if I had a gun to my head I would choose NX first.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Oh guide me mighty nitrous knowers (RyanCivic2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The right way to do a wet kit is direct port. A dry kit is much safer than a single fogger wet kit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that depends on your intake, if you have one with ridges, blocks, or a wall in the way of air flow, then you can get some puddling. typically with hondas theres no need to worry.

I've ran a 100 shot single fogger on my 03 Accord with the fuel jet two sizes too large just to be a lil safe, rich, but safer. I've never had an issue with puddling and if you've seen the intake on the K24, you'll be surprised. The thing loops down then back up with long *** runners...
Old 07-18-2004, 03:34 PM
New User

Default Re: Oh guide me mighty nitrous knowers (HondaAccordSiR)

It can be argued over and over again but the truth is that yes you might very well be able to run a single fogger wet kit without problems. But a single fogger wet kit is designed to be used with another form of forced induction. The correct way is to run a dry kit with for a small amount of horse power but if you want a larger hp squeeze the best way is to go direct port.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Oh guide me mighty nitrous knowers (EVOCELICA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EVOCELICA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> if you want a larger hp squeeze the best way is to go direct port.</TD></TR></TABLE>

agreed, but if you have a returnless fuel line setup, then dry is not an option.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:59 PM

my $.02 - get an NX wet kit. Best kit on the market, and wet kits are a lot better than dry kits. You can usually find used NX kits w/ purge for around $350. Plus, NX kits make more power than other kits like Zex. An NX 50 shot is comparable to a Zex 75 shot

as far as how big of a shot, you will be safe with a 50 shot as long as you don't hold it for 30 seconds (NX says not to spray continuously for more than 20secs). Also if you're paranoid you can get colder plugs & retard your timing 2 degrees. I don't know your compression, but you can probably go a 75 shot too. I am running an NX 75 shot on my f23 (2002 accord).