Notices

What Nitrous kit should i purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2001, 10:39 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Nitrous kit should i purchase?

i was looking at nitrous kits for my 97 prelude. I was looking at 4 kits that were available for my car.
Zex
Nitrous Express
NOS
Venom
I saw the venom kit on sale for 1069 dollars and that computer module looks pretty neat and the fact that you can program from your pc is a bonus. I was wondering what you guys recommend and if any of you guys had experiences with any of these kits. I dont mind paying the extra 500 for the Venom kit if its better and will be better on my motor. Also what stuff should i get for my car to run nitrous safer( IE Colder Plugs...etc) ?
thanks for your help
Old 08-05-2001, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What Nitrous kit should i purchase? (Meateater)

I would get the TNT kit from TexasNitrous.com that kit was bad ***.
Old 08-05-2001, 03:54 PM
New User

Go turbo! [b][i]PWISH
Old 08-05-2001, 05:54 PM

Default Re: What Nitrous kit should i purchase? (dragonsmp)

Go NOS direct port and Turbo
Old 08-06-2001, 04:24 AM
New User

Default Re: What Nitrous kit should i purchase? (accordking)

I have had the ZEX kit and the NOS kit on my car. They are both great kits. It just all depends on what you really want to do and how far you want to take it. If you are looking for something simple and safe, yet effective, I would go with the ZEX kit. It is basically what I would call an idiot proof kit. However, if you are looking for a more complex kit, more hp, better tuning capabilites, and a plethora of features, I would go with the NOS kit.

The ZEX kit will simply give you either 55,65, or 75 extra hp. It is a dry kit that is vacuum regulated. Very safe, as far as nitrous goes.

The NOS kit will give you more features though. Do you want to go wild with your kit? Direct Port, plate kits, dual stage, progressive, and other features make the NOS kit a lot more expandable.

Basically ask your self how far you want to go.

As far as the Venom kit goes, I looked into it. I was not impressed with it though. For the money, it did not seem worth it to me. I know people who are very happy with it though. They say it is a great kit. I will just never put anything by Venom back on my car again.
Old 08-06-2001, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Like previously stated...how far do you want to take it? If you are looking for GOOD POWER by a GOOD BRAND NAME...but not looking to shoot over a 70 shot, then pick up a NOS dry kit. It is a really great kit, and very safe if used correctly. The NOS dry kits come with a fuel pressure riser and a fuel pressure switch to make sure that you have fuel comming in.

If you are looking to spray 70+ shot...then look into either NOS direct port or a plate kit. Either way, grab a NOS wet system. I don't know if I would bother with a single fogger wet system...if your going wet...go all the way.

NX makes AWESOME kits...especially if you want that single fogger wet...but if ya ask me, you are better off going direct port NOS...you can add all the toys from there...bottle opener, purge valve, bottle heater, blanket, etc., etc., etc.

Just make sure you do your research before spraying. If you know what your doing, n2o is as safe as anything else...however if you just want to be like the idiots in the Fast and the Furious...your going to have a FUCKED motor. Remember...its not like how it is in the movies...you are dealing with a serious chemical that can either make you fly or make your FRY.

-ryan
Old 08-06-2001, 08:44 AM
Trial User

Default Re: What Nitrous kit should i purchase? (riot)

There are several "Fast and Furious" group buys on nitrous er.. I mean "NOSSS" on groupbuycenter.com.

go direct port if possible....
Old 08-06-2001, 12:42 PM
New User

Default Re: What Nitrous kit should i purchase? (riot)

I totally agree with riot Nitrous Oxide Systems has been around longer than any other nitrous company they know what they are doing, be smart and buy a drymanifold kit.