the official ebay turbo thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: the official ebay turbo thread.

Originally Posted by K7-1Ktrevor
I do complete turbo kits built to fit the car everything installed tuned and all parts provided for $1500. that includes a 255lph pump, injectors and all turbo parts. basically you drop your car off with me four 3-4 days and pick it up when its done. only catch is you need to be in oregon lol. if any ones interested check out the link to my facebook page.
That blue wagon u have on there; thats the kit u make for people? Or can u post some picks of the manifold and piping u use on Facebook? Is it 3 in.? Intercooler piping I mean.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

the blue wagon was my d.d. for the last year or so. look at the other turbo kits if you scroll down the main page. theres a sohc turbo I did with purple charge pipes and a ls turbo with a blue valve cover too. the ic piping is 2.5" I could do 3" if the customer wanted but theres really no need for it.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 00_EKHatch
I once ran 2 Ebay turbos one after another, they both died painfully and drug my engine with them. They stopped spinning and destroyed my rings. Live and learn.
Haha, now I have the 3076 and all is well.
how does a turbo stop spinning destroy your rings...?
Old 04-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how does a turbo stop spinning destroy your rings...?
That was my first thought too lol
Old 04-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do complete turbo kits built to fit the car everything installed tuned and all parts provided for $1500. that includes a 255lph pump, injectors and all turbo parts. basically you drop your car off with me four 3-4 days and pick it up when its done. only catch is you need to be in oregon lol. if any ones interested check out the link to my facebook page.
thats impressive, with a tune and labour i cant even touch that. i would quote 2500 min to do the same.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya I work out of my home which cuts alot of costs out I also do everything my self, chipping the ecu, installing the kit, build my own charge pipes and down pipes to fit the car and I get the injectors used for good deals locally and I do my own tuning which saves the customers alot of money. all of the customers so far have been really happy, I might up my prices a little down the road but for now I just wanna boost as many cars as I can and spread the word. since I started doing that deal theres like 2x as many turbo cars in my town lol.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

one of my old setups:

stock d16z6 130k
emusa cast mani
emusa t04e 50 trim
emusa fmic
2.5" charge piping
ebay type s bov
emusa/ebay 38mm WG
ebay oil lines
custom oil return

street tuned on crome pro @ 11 psi

I don't know about strip performance but it wasn't shy on the street!
Old 04-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

one thing Iv started doing after a few mishaps is not touching the ebay oil feed lines, they are fine as long as they don't get kinked but if they do or rub on something they are really prone to getting holes and leaking, not a chance Im willing to take. now I use pushlock fittings and hi temp pushlock hose. its cheaper, easier and cleaner then the ebay oil feeds.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Trial User

what is a ballbearing turbo? and what does it look like? i'm trying to figure if mine is a ball bearing one or not. all i know its a t3t4. because idk if i wanna do the whole oil line restrictor **** just yet, because i've heard that sometimes ebay turbos blow because they are starved oil.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

more common then not they die due to too much oil pressure blowing out the seals. post up a pic of your turbo. also any serial numbers on it would help alot.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Trial User

well. actually i'm probably just going to give the ebay turbo to my tattoo artist; and just keep my garrett.

i'll put my ramhorn manifold on it.. and call it a day because of the oil set up; because my garrett has 78k miles on it and my girl lives 4 hours away.. and i think its just safer to do that **** instead of trying to swap out my turbo on my DD..

to check shaft play, is it by putting your hand near the fins, where they balance on the shaft and moving it up and down?
Old 05-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i ran a godspeed 57 trim for two years on my b16 it made 310hp @15psi with no problems..so i cant say anything bad about godspeed turbos.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:54 AM
Trial User

ehh i rather go with garrett or precision... now; I mean hell, i dont really care about the turbo.. but when I noticed a chip in the bolt when i got my turbo.. well, it made me think twice about it; it was the downpipe end and the back fin area, and its like a legit-you-can-see-it chip in it.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I'll pick up a restrictor today what psi would a .065 restrictor run at? I don't get a lot of smoke a bit now n then at idle... Smells bad for some reason lol
Old 05-03-2012, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 336floww
ehh i rather go with garrett or precision... now; I mean hell, i dont really care about the turbo.. but when I noticed a chip in the bolt when i got my turbo.. well, it made me think twice about it; it was the downpipe end and the back fin area, and its like a legit-you-can-see-it chip in it.

its not a chip, its an area grounded off when balancing the shaft. (thats if those cooky Chinese actually balanced it and didient just git it with a grinder to make it look like it was balanced.)
Old 05-04-2012, 02:37 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by SQ is the SQUAD
its not a chip, its an area grounded off when balancing the shaft. (thats if those cooky Chinese actually balanced it and didient just git it with a grinder to make it look like it was balanced.)
well.. another thing, my turbo already came with shaftplay.. ._.
and the manifold, the ramhorn one, couldnt even fit my garrett turbo on there as well.. so i gave it all to my tattoo artist and kept my old set up.. lol..
Old 05-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

most turbos will have some type of shaft play with no oil inside of them. i have wiggles new garrets and percisions that move just as much as my ebay turbo.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 336floww
well.. another thing, my turbo already came with shaftplay.. ._.
and the manifold, the ramhorn one, couldnt even fit my garrett turbo on there as well.. so i gave it all to my tattoo artist and kept my old set up.. lol..
so why are you posting in here .... lol
Old 06-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just purchased this kit off EBAY
http://www.ebay.com/itm/B-SERIES-SWA...0574f9&vxp=mtr

I have stage 2 clutch, port matched and polished intake, other than that stock. I bought brk7 Plugs and NGK wires, i will be rnning 8 psi with 550CC injectors, walbro 255 fuel pump and chipped p28 to OBD1 ECU. I plan to get it dyno tuned once its all setup, but ill let you all know how it goes!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a turbo kit Im putting together for a customer. emusa turbo manifoldm intercooler and turbo, wyntomn waste gate. T-REV MOTORSPORTS charge pipes, down pipe, dump tube and install. its coming out clean.

custom back door I did.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

looks good
Old 08-23-2012, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know its been awhile since there has been a post in this thread but I want to share some info with everyone.

I had a conversation with the guys at gpopshop pertaining to Chinese turbos. Obviously we all know quality control is lacking. The Chinese turbos may be better than what they used to be. Basically what the guys at gpopshop said were if you`re running a chinese turbo thats a t3/t4, they sell rebuild kits. They also told me they have tried rebuilding a few hundred of them and there hit or miss. If you`re running a t3/t4 varient Chinese turbo the kits they sell are quality parts made with good materials. If you use one of there rebuild kits you have a 90% chance with the t3/t4 varients that the kits will work and the turbo will be reliable do to good quality parts. The standard rebuild kit comes with a 270 degree thrust bearing for $79 and if you want a 360 degree thrust bearing its $129. I`m sure we all know the differences between 270 and 360 degree thrust bearings. If you don`t know the 360 degree thrust bearing will help with longevity of the turbo. You can use either one. If you have a blown Chinese turbo and the wheels are not beat up at all you can buy there kits.

Myself and the guys from gpopshop shop also talked about the balancing of the Chinese turbos. Obviously there is no real way of telling if its actually balanced or how well by looking at it. If you have to question the quality or anything about the turbo how can you truly trust the balancing that was done or if it was done?

I am not promoting any business for anyone. I am just simply sharing my personal discussion I had with them. They stated they are not here to hate on anyone or a product anyone decides to run. They are simply here to help everyone in anyway that they can. They seemed to be very honest with me. During our conversation he stated multiple times he is not in anyway trying to bash or down talk Chinese turbos. I was happy that he took about 20 minutes out of his day to just talk to me about Chinese turbos whether he likes them or not.

With that being said I have an Emusa 50 trim I got for free from a buddy. It has some shaft play but not bad. I am going to order a rebuild kit soon from them and try it out. Worst case I have little money into it and can make it back. Best case I got a turbo for cheap that has potential to be reliable.

On a side note, nice work k7!! looks clean!
Old 08-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by heardj
With that being said I have an Emusa 50 trim I got for free from a buddy. It has some shaft play but not bad. I am going to order a rebuild kit soon from them and try it out. Worst case I have little money into it and can make it back. Best case I got a turbo for cheap that has potential to be reliable.
i have an emusa 50 trim as well. no shaft play yet but it seems pretty okay for now. its for sure one of the best ebay turbos ever. ive heard also of garrett rebuild kits (other brands should be available as well) that should replace everything but the housing
Old 08-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a godspeed 57 trim turbo had it 5 years no problem just up the boost put down 400 to the wheels still no problem take care of maintenance on everything runs good
Old 04-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for this thread!

92 civic LX 4dr

Stock D15

EBay 57 Trim
Tial 38mm WG
JDM Sport IC
Ebay SSQ BOV
Ebay Log Mani

195.5whp @ 10psi on Crome

Was also wondering if any knows if Home Depot or Lowes would sell the equivalent to the oil restrictor the spool or atp sells? Kind of need it now and not a week from now! thanks.

Quick Reply: the official ebay turbo thread.